It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopin' TSHTF , Would Be Cool

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I guess I'm morbid, but Im kinda liking this melt down. When stock numbers come in , theres a part of me that wants Big neg numbers. I'm sure others here feel the same, Life changing events would be good. Daily routine of . sleep ,work, eat, bed ,sleep ,work, eat ,bed. gets old after a few years .It seems most ,if not all of us would be prepared, so lets bring on some new challenges . Like the Wild West . I imagine those were good times to be alive. All this police state we live in , lawyers , courts, traffic. Do this ,dont do that. Im totally surprised more people dont SNAP like the movie "Falling Down".

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Though that is a little crazy, it is interesting.

I pride myself on knowing a good deal about history, classical civilizations, and politics... and we are living through one of those times that will (if humanity survives) be recorded as a defining moment. To live through one of those times that most political theorists can only speculate about is quite thrilling.

Though, I really would prefer not to live through a boom era, it is certainly interesting to live through the real, defining moments of history. If SHTF in the next few months, it will be, though terrifying, extremely fascinating from the perspective of a historian or political scientist.

Interesting post.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I agree, I do look everyday I guess subconsciously wishing to see it happen already. Though I adapt quite well, I am scared for my family. Trough change is opportunity. The only thing that changes people is a significant emotional event.

Sleep, work, eat, spend, sleep, still poor. Getting very old. We are not genetically built for this. Why do you think road rage in traffic is so widespread, or why we freak out when we have to wait for anything. We are built to roam free.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I don't think it will be cool but I do hope it happens.
I have longed to live free like the indians and would love the opportunity to go live that way with no taxman enforcing his opinions on how the world should be run on me.
I wish the greedy bankers lose EVERYTHING and the people string them up on lamposts like sausages.
I wish it would happen as well but I think it will be extremely hard even on people like me.I am very into survival and have 2 yrs worth of food.
I love the comforts I have but would easily trade that in for a new chance at the kick of the can.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Ty, My point is we weren't meant to eat chips and watch American Idol . We are hunters and gatherers , so if its time to Bug out. Lets bring it on

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There will be nothing cool about marshall law, starvation, armed gangs roving the streets robbing and killing, people sent to FEMA camps. You guys are living in a fantasy world if you think there will be anything fun going on when TSHTF.

I would think eating the same canned crap for years, having no electricity, and constantly having to fight off thieves and killers would get old pretty quick.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You assume that we would be the good people just trying to survive. I fully intend to side with some warlord. Strength in numbers.

Honestly, at the moment, we have yet to hit the tipping point. I, personally, do not believe that it is an inevitability. However, the probability of such an incident, that would begin the RAPID spiral downwards, is increasing. We are ratcheting closer to that point, but still, people do not believe it could happen. When that sentiment changes on the grand scale, then you have a SHTF moment...

I say stick with the roving bands and warlords.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Ty, My point is we weren't meant to eat chips and watch American Idol . We are hunters and gatherers , so if its time to Bug out. Lets bring it on

Would you mind telling us what your plan might be if such a situation happens? How much thought have you put into this?

While I am not adverse to some changes, I would hate for it to be a situation where it gets to the SHTF type of scenario with people killing each other over a loaf of bread.

What you propose is no lauging matter, and you seem to be giddy over the prospect!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Giddy , Lets just say I no longer fear the prospect. If , and when, Im not gonna run amok, in circles. Im ready.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Giddy , Lets just say I no longer fear the prospect. If , and when, Im not gonna run amok, in circles. Im ready.

Well, I'm happy for you then.

In your opening post you mentioned things that make it sound like you live in a city some place.

Don't you think a lot of other people have plans. too?

Millions of people out in the woods. shooting up the place at wildlife! Just like the wild west! Hunting and gathering all the fire wood, digging up all the roots!

I hope you know of some very remote place you can get to by foot, when you are ready, otherwise you will be in the same boat as everybody else!

Even if you can get to it by foot, who knows what you will encounter on your travels trying to get there!

Good luck to ya!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Have a cottage ready, Ill keep an eye open for you

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

You might just need me! I have a stockpile of seeds, and have gardened for some years!

Fantastic cook I am too! You will have to hand wash and hang all the laundry though! Far to rough on my hands!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ill need you , hell, ill even help with the dishes

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

My mom is 90 years old and had a change of heart. She kept saying "I don't think I want to stick around if it's going to get that bad". Now she says, "I think I'll stick around and see how bad it's going to get."

Grab the popcorn and soda. The Twilight Zone is on now.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

She has the right attitude , nothing cant be beat or met with

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I do not want to see people die.
I do not want to anyone, including myself to be a slave.
I do not want a government to be in total control of the people.

While a lot of people enjoy their particular lifestyle, people often do not know how to live.
Myself included.
We become stagnant and follow routine.
Day in and day out, the same old thing.
While there is something to be said for the maintainability of society, it is that same thing which does nothing to define us.

As a species, our ingenuity has no equal.
As a species, we have been through the ringer.
As a species it is moments of calamity that define us.

We focus and become our true potential.
we self sacrifice and perform extraordinary acts of kindness and good will.
We work hard to save others during chaotic situations.
We become as one with our humanity.

It is under situations of extreme duress that we find our innermost self.

So I say, bring it on.
We are HUMAN.
Perhaps if we have something big enough happen we will realize that we are not so much individuals but all part of the same species.

Note: Chaos unfortunately brings out the worst in us as well. There will always be those who would capitalize on calamity.
Truth be said though, No one is beyond the reach of decency.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah I think most people feel that TSHTF scenario will end in us all being farmers again, living off the land..

No, it will be a distopia of even less freedom.. It would be a hellish scenario, a la Children of Men. Gone would be your luxury of ever building a family, you need to focus on getting out yourself.

People in cities would die quickly, and people in rural areas would try to hide, but it would only last a few years. Our digital footprints are too ingrained in us now.

Do I want to see the government collapse? My impulsive side wants it badly.. My thoughtful side dreads it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

To me it's a desire to see the BS end. Bring the crooks out. Nothing would make me happier. I'd love a chance to help build a better nation from the ashes of the old one.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am gungho about this. True Anarchist feelings here. I want this to happen. I am not afraid and I am ready to support my family.

Bring it on.

(Even if it doesnt go so well it will be a awesome experience in my book.)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I used to think it would be cool when I was younger.

I was, and still am, a huge fan of post-apocalypse literature, movies and TV series.

I don't think it'd be good at all anymore. I'm not the only person I'm responsible for any more.

I have elderly grandparents I'd have to get to and look after, I'd have to 'educate' my parents about survival because they are clueless city folk and I, and everyone else, would lose so much.

Yeah it is a pretty cool genre for entertainment, but the real deal isn't anywhere near as fun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join