It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read Plz Im Scared BADLY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ok look I just sleep right. So, when I wake up my mom said "Your making ghost sounds and it sounds like your crying" (yes i sleep with my mom NOT THAT KIND OF SLEEP im just a kid) but i dont have bad dreams. The next night the same thing happened to me i dont know why lol
but it did. She told me again and i said i didnt have a bad dream and its like when i close my eyes and i sleep i just wake up but its a different time and i went to sleep one night same night i was crying(FIX:No tears like ghostly crying dring sleep not in dream) i woke up in the morning i just ignored it though...... but the next night i woke up in the morning 2 i ignored it also but while i was brushing my teeth i heard my mom say he was acting like he was crying like a jumbie (jumbie is guyaneese word for ghost) i got scared so i went and took a bath but while i was taking a bath o.O i felt like a ghost was above and behind me like my brother hes 20 im really scared plz tell me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Removed most of the 'All Caps' in the title

[edit on 5/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
what exactly are ghost sounds, shaggy?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I think his first language is not English so take it easy.

Daaxter

Hello mate hope your not too scared at the moment. Just curious of a few thing's do you or have you ever suffered from night terrors ? Sleep apnia ? Sleep paralysis or grinding of your teeth while you sleep ?

If not that is fine.

Has something bad happend in your life recently maybe ? Have you lost someone close ?

The reason i ask is it could be someone who was close to you just making you aware they are still looking out for you.

There was a time when i lost my father i remember making crying sound's in my sleep and woke up a little shaken.

I was dreaming about my dad and it was kind of like a goodbye.

I dont think you should worry too much about it. You will not be harmed.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
BOOO!

sorry couldnt resist.

try to get a video of you sleeping.

is it you making the noise, or something else. have your mom come in and watch you when you are making the noises.

my friend snores really loud. maybe its that.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This guy sounds like a scared child,give him a break,If you think it's an attetion seeker ignore him.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
hey people be easy on him, he's a kid. It sounds to me Daxter like you're having night terrors, if not a visit by someone close to you. like someone suggested earlier, video tape yourself sleeping if you can.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kuhl

Ok sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean to the kid. I know what it feels like to be scared about something that you don't understand.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Do you and your mother have a someone you could talk to about this?
Someone who is there close to you and knows your family?

You really should try to find someone outside your family to help you.

As good as some of the people are here on ATS we really can’t help you.

You need someone who can be there with you and help in a more hands on physical way, emotional, spiritual way.

Good luck finding someone to help you both and may God grant you both peace.

silo

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ghost sickness. In some cultures.

Interesting, because I was just looking at something similar to this earlier.

This is a culturally specific mental state.

Night Terrors and other sleep disorders are more common in children. Some kids stop having them around 13, others start having them around 13.

Altered mental states are more common for children.

You probably are dreaming - you just don't remember the dreams.

Here is a pretty simple mental exercise for you to help you anchor yourself into yourself before sleep.

Sit on the floor, preferably a floor that has some connection with the ground. Or if it is warm enough outside for you do it outside on the ground of the Earth.

See yourself inside yourself. Reach for the point inside yourself that is at you the middle point where your rib cage gives away to your soft abdomen. Try to clear your mind of thoughts, and concentrate on one thought. This is giving yourself a mental point of focus - lots of people like to imagine the colour rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) or do some sort of other focusing like humming deeply in your throat, or counting numbers.

Imagine yourself rooted to the ground as a growing tree. Feel your leaves reach for the sun, and your roots inside the earth. This is a pretty easy mental exercise for rooting yourself in yourself and your energy to the planet.

Once you have calmed yourself, tell yourself to put your worries and concerns into a safe place in your mind. Then give yourself some instructions. No others are welcome to myself. I am myself. I will remember my dreams. Concerns my mind has unstated shall come to me, where I will be kind to myself and work them out.

Then imagine yourself folding the tree back into yourself, or the tree becmoing you. Count yourself back out, or imagine the colour rainbow back up through the levels of awareness (Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red).

This is a way for you and your dreaming mind to reconnect. In the case that you are culturally predisposed to something like ghost sickness, it roots you and only you to yourself.

Don't be alarmed. You are young. Your mind does interesting things on its way to growing into who you are. Think of this as your dreaming self trying to leave signals to your awake self that something is bothering you in a way that you aren't aware of.

[edit on 2009/3/5 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've suffered from night terrors on and off for a long time. It's a bit disturbing when it happens, but it doesn't do me any actual harm.

Usually, the next day I tend to forget what happened - it really can mean that little.

You're lucky you've got your mum looking out for you. Ask her to wake you gently if she hears you crying or making strange noises. Possibly, you will remember what the frightening dream was when you wake up. If you can remember, it will help you to overcome you fears.

My housemate often yells out in his sleep. I stay up late most nights and if I hear him I open his door and call him. He wakes up and has no idea what he was dreaming about.

Please try not to let it upset you too much. If it really gets too bad your doctor may be able to help you.

I've tried a homeopathic remedy - belladonna - and that helped me a lot. You don't need to get a doctor's prescription for that.

My best wishes to you. Stay calm and I hope you solve your problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
My grandmother makes "ghost noises" in her sleep, kind of like a crying wooo wooo sort of sound. It's very creepy to hear but when questioned she never seems to remember anything creepy about the dream.

btw I and my family are Guyanese and we've told her she sounded like a jumbie too.

No worries kid, here's what you need to do, tell your momma to put a guyana broom (you know the one made from coconut leave stems) under your bed. You can also try sleeping with "closed" pocket knife or nail clipper under your pillow or your part of the mattress.

I think you'll grow out of it, but what you need to do is notice what you are doing during the day before the night wooos begins. You might find that you had a physically exhausting day and are just over tired.. that's is usually the situation for my nani.

Oh and another thing, I don't know what religion you and your family follow, but you might want to ask your spiritual advisor for some hands on help.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

This guy sounds like a scared child,give him a break,If you think it's an attetion seeker ignore him.

Hey easy on rocket girl people

There are many fraudsters and trolls here and its easy for people to get "annoyed" at posts like this, so I can understand her point of view.

On topic, I would say that he needs to talk to someone close to him, like relative or friend and take it from there. There isnt much we can do to help without being that. Saying that I would recommend to stay calm and try to not let it get to you

[edit on 5/3/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If something is a hoax and a waste of thought space because it has no value, then it is worth ignoring.

While a troll thread might be annoying sometimes it still encapsulates something that is a real concern to some people. So while one might be annoyed at the trolling person for making fun of ones ideas/credulity, one can still split the difference between being annoyed at being made fun of and having enough compassion to the possibility that someone really is having such issues (even if it isn't the original poster) who will find the thread one day and find something USEFUL in it.

Sometimes one just sets aside one's pride and just deals with the situation with credulity because it still is the right thing to do. Not because one is a fool.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Daaxter

Thank you guys thanks alot ill try all of it...... Oh yeah and while i was typing this post it felt like someone was behind me watching my computer and was gonna kill me......... but still, thanks. Oh yeah she meant that when i was sleeping i was making ghost noises

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Daaxter]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I suggest maybe seeing a doctor? Not that theres something wrong with you but he/she may be able to identify the noises and prescribe something or give some other alternative.

Its ok and I wouldn't be worried honestly...Its quite normal for people to make strange sounds sleeping...For instance- people who scream in their sleep.

The mind and body work together but are completely different. When asleep the mind essentially takes over while the body's at rest.

Don't lose sleep over it bud.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If anything was behind you,don't worry bout it
I got your back buddy.
THeres some good advice here.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by kuhl]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daaxter
reply to post by Daaxter

Thank you guys thanks alot ill try all of it...... Oh yeah and while i was typing this post it felt like someone was behind me watching my computer and was gonna kill me......... but still, thanks.

Dont stress

If it is a "ghost" it will not harm you

There is only one death in history recorded from a ghost, and that claim is widely disputed.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thank you guys thanks alot ill try all of it...... Oh yeah and while i was typing this post it felt like someone was behind me watching my computer and was gonna kill me......... but still, thanks. Oh yeah she meant that when i was sleeping i was making ghost noises

Daaxter, how old are you?

If you're quite young and easily scared (which I think is a yes to both)
this site may not be the best for you just yet, the real world is quite scary and this site lays it on pretty thick sometimes.

If you do want to browse here, maybe do it with your mum so you can ask her questions as you go, it may help you stop being so scared too.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Daaxter

Thank you guys thanks alot ill try all of it...... Oh yeah and while i was typing this post it felt like someone was behind me watching my computer and was gonna kill me......... but still, thanks.

Why do you think that? Objectively. Look behind you. What is there? What immaterial object could kill you?

There are mental disorders that can do this to people.

Due to your age being younger - consider that you have a REALLY active mind right now. It is very likely that your mind is riffing on your mom's concerns, and now you are projecting into nothingness some intent. You're brain is causing you to be scared ABOUT somethings, so as to support your being scared.

Odd thought, but the mind likes to rationalize and in this case might MAKE something seem more rational by creating something to make it be more rational. I'm scared because something is there. When in reality, you are scared because something you don't understand is happening and it is freaking out your mother a bit. This scares you, but you are individual enough in your budding self to not want to know that your mind is still that wrapped up in your mother's feelings/thoughts as your own. So your creative brain starts to create scenarios for you to support why you are scared.

Were you scared BEFORE your mother said something about ghosts? No. You just woke up from a sleep. Nothing. Mom says something a bit scary sounding, and your mind took off with it.

Nothing was wrong before your mom said something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join