It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmacist launches homegrown local economic stimulus with $2 bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

A small-town pharmacist intrigued by the government's economic stimulus plan decided to launch his own version with $16,000 in $2 bills, and area stores have already felt the impact.

Danny Cottrell gave each of his full-time employees $700 and part-timers $300. He asked them to donate 15 percent to charity and spend the rest locally, particularly downtown, where store owners say that business has been lean.

"The $2 bills make it easy to see where it's going, see how it turns over and generates tax revenue that helps our town and schools," said Weaver, whose store sells jewelry and clothing. "I plan to save up the bills that come in here and pay Danny my bill with them."

Some of the $2 bills have even circulated back to the pharmacy.

"It's not a huge amount of money," Cottrell said of his hometown stimulus package. "It would have a more noticeable impact if someone with more resources came up with a huge amount of money, but the times are tough."

Full Article Here

Wow what an amazing idea! i remember seeing something here about a trickle-up economy ... i think this is kind of along those lines at least on a local scale ... i just wish that more people were just as generous in each city ... or the government would follow this guys example ... thoughts?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
im moving there to work for him!!

thats sweet. the public taking action into their own hands is how things used to be done.

that guy deserves a medal

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

i agree it is quite interesting ... i wish more people would start taking matters into their own hands like this guy ... instead of hoping the government will rescue them

join