It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Monkey Business At Barnes And Noble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I know this was wrong but boycotting a book store is not exactly the smartest thing to do if certain people are now making it a point to better educate themselves. Some may have been quick to jump the gun and attack Barnes and Noble but the truth is some customer took it upon himself to change the front window display by adding a book about chimps to the Obama display.
The store has now locked down the front window display from customers but I'm sure there will be some that will still blame whitie for not reporting it to store management any sooner.
Obama Monkey Business At Barnes and Noble link

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
this had to be a customer who did that.

you could almost get away with murder in those places. noone pays attention to anyone.

this is a social problem and not a store problem.

the kids (cus any adult would hopefully not act like this) that did this will never be found

i am white. i understand the comparison. but i believe that we all look kinda like them sometimes. every race. i mean we are pretty close to the way they are made. i dont see how one race can be labeled what we all look like...

pretty silly if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
By the hammers of the god's!!! Political Correctness is gone overboard!

It was OK for people to liken the image of Bush to an ape....but heaven forbid that the chosen one be teased in the same way.

It's sad that people are soooo sensitive that they can't take a joke...There are things in this world more important than whether the big B.O. has been likend to an ape as well.

~Holly

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
haha

no big deal. Good call on the Bush being compared to A monkey too. But it could have not been just a kid. I know u said you hope it was a kid but whatever. Even young adults might have fun with that kind of stuff because when people get really mad at something (that might be ridiculous or outdated or whatever), its fun to poke them. This guy in a cowboy hat was going around knocking on peoples doors and telling them to stop knocking on his door. He got this fat drunk British lady to flip out at him for about 5 minutes on and off. That's just funny.

Heres what you have to see. IS Obama a monkey? No. He is a human, just like me and maybe you. my friends (yes friends) call me creepy cause i stare sometimes. Bad habit. i cant take offense to it, because they are my friends. its there way to say you are staring. If he made a monkey face, or a fce that can be compared to one, haha! its funny.

Hopefully he fixes the economy right? yea! thats whats important.

also guys, remember the enemy. Rothschild.

over and out

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A customer probably did that.

They probably got so damn sick of walking in and seeing ALL OBAMA ALL THE TIME. Seriously ... Go to a Barnes and Nobels or Waldens. When you walk in it's frightening. It's like you've walked into an Obama twilight zone episode. He and Michelle are on book after book ... magazine after magazine ... book bags, posters, T-shirts, coffee mugs ... all at these bookstores. You are bombarded with it.

it's freaky.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Careful now FF, someone will accuse you of calling Obama "freaky".
If they do, just tell them you were referring to his ears.

..but I know what you mean, I went in to a B&N store yesterday and I couldn't believe it.
There was an Obama shrine at every corner of that store.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
[edit on 5-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Has our President now become a marketing plan?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR

I don't know if this is just a free market society cashing in on the latest fad. In this case the fad of Obama.

OR ... if there is something else to this. It really is freaky. Walk into Barnes and Nobel or Waldens ... you are hit with it from everywhere.

All hail our dear leader .... he's everywhere. (kinda like in N. Korea)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I saw an Obama commemorative plate for sale at Walgreens. I kind of wanted it just so I could break it to pieces, but darn if I'm going to throw down $20 for that cheap thrill.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
LOL...

Go for it, sad eyed buy the plate and get your thrills!!! Have at it girl!...after all we are getting that pittance allotted to the "working americans" from the stimulus bill, are we not? $13 or there abouts?

Should take some of the pressure of the cost off...

~Holly

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I saw an Obama commemorative plate for sale at Walgreens. I kind of wanted it just so I could break it to pieces, but darn if I'm going to throw down $20 for that cheap thrill.
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Why not simply 'accidentally' bump into the display and send the lot of them flying off the shelf into pieces.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR

Ha, pretty ironic how the anti-Capitalists are capitalizing on his name.

Go figure. - ?????
????

top topics

join