It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the sunken ships on Google Maps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have often wondered how when they use satellites to make the Google and other maps available they don't get sunken ships and things that have become "permanent" to the ocean floor. I mean, not too long ago I read a thread about possibly finding Atlantis off the Cayman Islands and when you goto the Google map, it is there (not necessarily "Atlantis", but) all the scratches and lines on the bottom, not to mention all the underwater mountain ranges. Now, I can understand how they might not get the HUGE marine life (whales, sharks, etc.) because of comprising several different shots over time to make the whole that we see when we go to Google maps and animals are constantly moving, but what about any large ships that have sunk over time that are now stable fixtures? We see cars on land, and houses, why not sunken artifacts?? Has anyone else noticed this, or am I missing something??

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
the "atlantis" were found to be the traces of the boat mapping lines.
see the thred here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the problem to find the sunken ships or whales could be the sun reflecttion maybe?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

Yeah, I had read that thread a couple of weeks ago and that's actually what got me thinking about this question.....I can't believe no one else has wondered this, or that more people can't give a suggestion as to the reasoning. Thanks for your input!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not to mention that the Atlantis lines were 100 by 100 miles. A ship would be a pixel in that context. Not too exciting I would think.

top topics

join