It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bionic eye gives blind man sight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Bionic eye gives blind man sight

news.bbc.co.uk

Ron, 73, had the experimental surgery seven months ago at London's Moorfield's eye hospital.

He says he can now follow white lines on the road, and even sort socks, using the bionic eye, known as Argus II.

It uses a camera and video processor mounted on sunglasses to send captured images wirelessly to a tiny receiver on the outside of the eye.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ok, this is getting freaky.
Let me be clear, I think this technology is cool and I am all for it.
I just worry, as with ANY thechnology, what sort of evil this could be used for. If we follow this all of the thru, where will we find ourselves in a hundred years?

How about an elective surgery to have your eyes removed and replaced with eyes that can see in the dark/nightvision or how about eyes that are better than an eagles which could read a newspapper a mile away?

This would obviously be cool, but, where wuld it end?
Are we all going to be a mix of Dart Vader and the 6 Million Dollar Man?

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think so.
The day man thought of the idea of becoming a cyborg he wrote it into his destiny.

Cool story.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirkDiggler

Ok, this is getting freaky.
Let me be clear, I think this technology is cool and I am all for it.
I just worry, as with ANY thechnology, what sort of evil this could be used for. If we follow this all of the thru, where will we find ourselves in a hundred years?

How about an elective surgery to have your eyes removed and replaced with eyes that can see in the dark/nightvision or how about eyes that are better than an eagles which could read a newspapper a mile away?

This would obviously be cool, but, where wuld it end?
Are we all going to be a mix of Dart Vader and the 6 Million Dollar Man?

news.bbc.co.uk

What was it that Jordan Maxwell and Alex Jones said earlier this year, again? "It's all about the creation of The New Man, and the old Man will go bye-bye."

new topics

top topics

join