It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan declares: 'We are at war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I find it kinda interesting that the Interior Ministry of Pakistan said that the country was in a state of war against terrorists. Since When? Terrorist have been parading up and down their streets for the longest and Pakistan has done very little to stop them.

I also find it strange that they compare the attack on the Cricket players as similar to what happened in Mumbai.

I think Pakistan might have staged this event to ease tensions with India by showing that they are having trouble with the same group of terrorists.

Do you really believe Pakistan is in a state of war against terrorist?

Pakistan's President, Asif Ali Zardari, said he "strongly condemned" the attack and pledged that those responsible would be caught. Rehman Malik, the Interior Minister, said the country was in a "state of war... Be patient, we will flush all these terrorists out of the country".

Salmaan Taseer, the Punjab province's Governor, said: "It was the same terrorists who attacked Mumbai. It was the same pattern, the kind of weaponry they had, the way they attacked, they were obviously trained." He added that the gunmen had been chased into a nearby shopping area after the attack where police had lost track of them. The province's police chief, Khawaja Farooq, said "some" arrests had been made but refused to say whether they included any of those who had taken part in the attack.

The police displayed 10 AK-47 rifles, two grenade launchers, 32 hand grenades and plastic explosives.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

here's something interesting to add to this about some interesting footage discovered regarding the attack Article Here

[edit on 5-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I loved the BBC's article on this... the reporter (a Pakistani himself) tore into the statements:

Pakistan has ordered a high-level investigation into the Lahore attack, with President Asif Zardari pledging that the perpetrators should be revealed.

If this happens, it would be unprecedented.

Militant attacks in all parts of the world have been investigated and solved, but Pakistan is yet to solve even one out of the hundreds of attacks it has suffered since the 1980s.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

What you stated is more proof that Pakistan is no where even close to a war with terrorists.

Pakistan will never take on the terrorists.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by jam321]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One man's terrorist is one man's freedom fighter, and I find it interesting that they attacked an Sri Lankan team, I wonder if it was over the conflict between Sri Lanka and the Tamil Tigers, who are fighting for an independent Tamil nation.

We have an large Tamil base in Canada and they are cheering for what they stand for, which proves the statement that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

top topics

join