It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea says it cannot assure safety of SKorean flights in it's airspace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

I believe it is "saber rattling" pure and simple.

I don't think N.K. really wants war as much as trying to be taken seriously.

I think it is, for the most part, blustering.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Adm. Keating describes U.S. preparedness for possible missile test.

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Im very unhappy as to the level of post or should i say non biased posts regarding this issue. Obviously no one has taken the time to study the reasons why the escalation has developed.
In short instead of boasting about the U.S. being gun ho etc, you should look at N.Korea's claim that this test is a direct answer to the joint military exercises which are to commence on 3-9-09 between S.Korean and the U.S.
I do understand your patriotism but one must be honest and biased about everything and not just about individual topics. In the event of a mini skirmish like we seen with Georgia and Russia, i do fear that N.Korea will have the home advantage on this call.
Brief example is that both sides have each others ari/naval/land installations as azimuths. Sea vessels being the most vulnerable of all. You can claim to be able to deflect an oncoming missile but multiple missiles is what i am referring to. But, because they have the ability to launch missiles it does not give them the upper hand in warfare. It is its allies which one should be focused on and not them directly.
The implications of such a skirmish does have its down side apart from lives being lost. On a military issue, you are allowing any potential threat to read your technological achievements and your strategical deployment.

Food for thought.

<< 1   >>

join