It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea says it cannot assure safety of SKorean flights in it's airspace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

NKorea says it cannot assure safety of SKorea flights in it's airspace

rawstory.com

The North said it therefore could not guarantee security for South Korean civil aircraft using its airspace "and its vicinity" above the Sea of Japan (East Sea), "in particular, while the military exercises are under way."

The annual Key Resolve/Foal Eagle exercise starts next Monday and lasts for 12 days. The North has denounced it as a prelude to war, while the US-led United Nations Command (UNC) says it is purely defensive.

The North's government newspaper, Minju Joson, said earlier Thursday that the "slightest" military conflict which may break out during the exercise can rapidly develop into "a thermonuclear war."

North Korea is ready for "merciless and powerful retaliatory actions," it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is just another spark trying to ignite a fire in my opinion ... north korea just seems like it's trying to put the u.s. government in a horrible position ... this isn't good news for south korea at all though ... if there is a 'terrorist attack' on one of their flights over North Korea during these exercies who knows what the response will be ...

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Then we cannot assure the safety of N.Korea from retaliation for downing a S.Korean aircraft.
Second Line

[edit on 5-3-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

i think that's what they're
hoping.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I suspect that North Korea cannot assure safety of their own flights in their airspace, either.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

how?,
would they not be able to assure the safety of their own?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Little Kimmy just wants some attention.
He'll get it all right. Right in the kisser if he is not careful.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This rhetoric from NKorea is becoming tiresome. If they want their own little communist haven there then let it be. By engaging the U.S. and others they are asking for trouble. They claim they want to be left alone to decide thier own fate, (the gov't of NKorea not the people)but they continually poke bigger and badder dogs with sticks. We all know what happens then...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think that NK cant assure anyone of anything ever.
Because it is run by an evil psychopathic liar.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
we should reply saying we cant insure the safety of their COUNTRY!

boo yah! in yo face, YO!!

pwnd

edit: sorry i just saw that djvexd had posted basically the same thing hehe.

Nk is run by a psycho. i swear if they make another threat, im gonna start throwing rocks at a map of the country and take pics of my dog going#2 on their flag. thats about all the response i can afford for attacking a foreign country

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mahtoosacks]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

"if there is a 'terrorist attack' on one of their flights over North Korea during these exercies who knows what the response will be ... "

I do. It will be what they have said it will be. They will bomb the south.

And yeah, that would be very bad. We still have thousands of troops stationed in south korea.
It would be all-out warfare. No wonder all the navies are already in that area.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How, would they not be able to assure the safety of their own?

They have no money... I was alluding to my thought that their aircraft are not well maintained. Maybe I should have been more specific.

When I was in the military, I repaired aircraft. I know how important maintenance is to something like that.

Not a good joke, I know...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just more propaganda and fear mongering from the N.Korean Generals...I just wish countries in the UN put more pressure on China concerning North Korea.Anyone actually seen Kim Jong Il yet since his stroke?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wish someone would backhand their Generals.

F-in idiots are going to get a lot of people killed.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Theres US forces in Japan , well within range of korean nukes, let alone the US forces in south korea.

NK also has something like 3000 artillery tubes + unguided rockets pointed at seoul - you wouldn`t need a nuke with that many shells coming down.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
IMO,

I think that N.K is acting a lot like Iran.

They are now constantly making veiled and not so veiled threats almost weekly now.

Like Iran, one of these days I think someone(s) might just take them up on it.

I noticed that N.K. used the term" thermonuclear war" which implies Hydrogen bombs as opposed to less A bombs.

thermonuclear bombs:
Infoplease

Nuclear bombs:
Wikipedia

My point is thermonuclear weapons are "MUCH" more powerful as well as much more difficult to make.

Personally, I did not think N.K. had thermonuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Personally, I did not think N.K. had thermonuclear weapons.

That's some interesting points you bring up ... i picked this statement out particularly because i agree with you i had no idea that they were capable of thermonuclear war ... just nuclear.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If they do have thermonuclear capabilty, that does up the ante. If this is true, I wonder where they grabbed the tech from. Nothing I know about NK suggests they could do this on their own.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So..

not like the U.S can guarantee safety of Canadian flights over it's airspace lol

I mean, com'n..

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

yeah but if a canadian plane went down over the u.s. there would be serious repercussions and they would hold the u.s. accountable due to the fact they are basically guaranteed safe passage because they are allies ... this is different ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join