It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the stupidest thing you have ever done??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What is the stupidest thing you have ever done??

Now i have done some pretty stupid things in the past some of which got me into hospital and i sincerly plan on doing alot more stupid things in the future.

Mine just off of the top of my head would be once someone dared me to headbutt a wall (please for the love of god dont ask why) so for some stupid reason i also thought it would be a good idea so i did itand thought there ya go no problem at all until i realized i had a massive gash i my head.

So ATS people what is the stupidest thing you have ever done....

[edit on 5/3/2009 by Anti - Government]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
drink driving thats about the dumbest thing someone can do and i did it and hope to never do it again.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
When I was young, we used to go on car trips (usually to a river a couple hours away, to go "toobin'")....

We'd drive two trucks close together, and often switch out passengers by climbing in the back of the other truck...

That was crazy, when going 70 mph....

There's plenty of other stupid things though, but they're more personal in nature, so I'll keep it light, hehe....

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well, I've done things far more stupid than this, but this is pretty silly.

I was at work once typing on the computer and I'd just stopped to proof my document when a large black cursor whizzed up the screen in a very straight line. I gawped and did a double take wondering why my cursor had changed so dramatically. On closer inspection it turned out to be a large fly.

What's reminded me of this is that I was just reading some posts on here - I should mention at this point that I've been having fun with the ATS smilies since Deson told me how to get them onto BTS - when I saw a new sparkly smiley.

Again, the gawp and double take. No, not a fly this time. I'm wearing a dress with tiny round mirrors sewn into it and one of them was reflecting on the screen.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Far too many to list..

But the 'Stoopidest' dumbest thing I ever did was..
Repairing a joint in an electrical cable.

I have a nice triangular gap when I bite teeth together which is perfect for stripping the insulation cable.
So I grabbed one end connected to the piano and stripped it...

I then grabbed the other end and placed in mouth..
forgetting of course it was still plugged into the club's stage box.

Thanks God for trip switches but the Dj was none too happy when all his pretty lights went off.

(I won't go into jumping off bridges without checking water depth,looping quad bikes,trying to jump on stingrays etc.
)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well there was a small trend for 'car running' when I was a spotty youth, it usually followed a plesent evening of drinking and it's pretty self explanatory... Usually 2 people would pick one side of a residential road with lots of parked cars... 3...2...1 race! Running over the cars... (I'm in no way condoning this! It basically amounts to anti social vandalism - although very little damage ever actually occured, you got to be light footed to have any chance of winning)

Any way - this is the stupediest thing I have ever SEEN as opposed to ever done... I was on the left, and a friend was on the right- he was a lanky bloke and even just his normal movements seemed comical! Any way he's whooping away cos he's in the lead, I see him look over his shoulder as he is about to step off the back of a Ford Escourt van... I don't know what he was thinking!! I just saw his lanky leg stretch out into thin air like he was expecting there to be about another 4 foot of van - clearly there was not, he face planted very hard, blood everywhere, howling, a string of car alarms going off - everyone else legging it in any direction - lights in houses are starting to turn on. He gets up and runs blindly tripping over a kirb, head first into mulching wet leaves and mud - he looked horrific and he is still laughing! - I'm laughing so hard I just start running past him - I'm not gonna bother trying to pick him up - he is creased up in hysterics.

That was the last time we did that

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

When I had a pet gerbil many of my electric wires ended up being nibbled so one day I switched everything off and went round with the insulation tape.

All was done and I switched everything back on. Then I saw one tiny copper wire sticking out that I'd missed.

Oh well, I thought, I won't bother turning everything off while I tape up just that one little bit of wire...... ouch.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The stupidest thing Ive ever done...is lie to my parents, or as most teens like to do, we find loop holes that they make, and then we go through them...and when they find out....they think we've lied...and then its more trouble... :bnghd: :shk:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I picked a Panamanian police officer up by his gun belt and shook him in a drink infused rage. This caused the rest of the boys in beige to skin some leather at me and disappear behind their car doors.

Lucky for me some of my liberty buddies where not as drunk as I was and talked the police down.

The next morning I awoke in my bunk onboard and thought, "I could have died"

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i used to hitch rides on haynes road in st pete. i was about 15 and i would be on my bicycle on my way to or from the mall. cars stopped at a red light and i would latch onto a truck. i would go from a dead stop to 50mph in no time. the front end of my bike would be shaking and i would be struggling to hold on with just one hand.
friggin crazy days man. i would NEVER do that again

top topics

join