It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The number 6 = Legion, then 666?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I remember a while back, I was watching a show called "Paranormal State" where the host, like the ghost hunters in the Sci Fi channel, go to explore various paranormal ghost/demonic hauntings. In one case, a girl was being possessed by a demon. In one instance, the girl had 6 scratch marks on her back, said to have been caused by the demon itself.

The show also mentioned that in the bible, the new testament to be more exact. Jesus meets on his travels with his disciples, a "wild" man that was also told to be possessed, when Jesus addressed the man and asked that its name was, the demon replied "Six" which was later explained on the show by a priest, to mean "Legion" or "many"

This being the case, are we to assume then that the number 666 mentioned in revelations refers to a legion of demons so massive, it encompasses the whole of the earth? When we accept the mark on our hand or forehead, do we become demons ourselves, part of this legion? When you look at the horrors of man and the state of affairs in our world, it certainly does seem as if our world is becoming more and more dominated by an evil presence so massive, it encompasses the whole of the earth doesn't it?

Edited to Add: some might say that if this is true, then one can argue "If that's the case, then really this legion is only 3 times as big as the wild man who was possessed had" (because you see the number 6 only 3 times) Which I suppose can be true... but on the other hand, I can argue "Maybe this legion is literally six hundred and sixty six times as large" and not 3 times as large.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Question]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Question

I saw that particular show. It was evidence of the dangers of trying to call on spirits; the girl had been experimenting with tape recording spirit voices ( I forget what that is called).

I am convinced there are demons just waiting to be unleashed, which the Bible talks about happening when the Tribulation begins. I hope I am not around for it. You bring up some very relevant ideas.

join