It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA concentration camps...don't think so...

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I thought I was buying into the scaremongers also, up until I decided to investigate the matter on a smaller scale. I started with my own states closed or closing military facilities. What I found made me laugh!! Now please don't get me wrong. Do I believe that FEMA does have emergency shelters? Well, of course. That's what they're for!!! But I found Loring air force base listed so many times as a Fema camp aka concentration camp aka detention center so many times, I decided to check it out for myself-just a small piece of the pie so to speak. Loring(here in Maine)was closed in 1994 as a military installation. At it's closing, it turned over acreage to The inland fish and game association in our state as a wildlife refuge. ANYONE can go there to snowshoe, cross country ski or hike.
see here
www.epa.gov...
Not only that but it also houses our Job Corps program for our youths who stay in the barracks and use the commisary for their functions. As well as these things, Loring has had a number of concerts on the tarmac in years since closure, one big one being phish in 2003.
www.topix.com...
Now does the fencing still exist, yes, not everything has been removed. Not only that, but if you were to drive by on a Sunday afternoon, of course it looks ominous and eerie. Their are still abandoned buildings that have not been slated for use as of yet. The EPA is actively involved with the clean-up of the waste (created by any military installation with the fuel, chemicals that have been used)
www.loringairforcebase.com...
Yet if you were to drive by on a Monday you would see people just like you and me who work and associate with the base and on the base. and NO NOT IN MILITARY UNIFORM!!!
Do I think Fema has such places to go to for disaster? Well of course!! After Katrina why wouldn't we change our way of keeping people safe in disaster? I am not trying to debunk the whole theory, but it brought me to the realization that if we only investigated a small piece of the theory of concentration camps FOR OURSELVES, instead of believing what someone posts on youtube, or writes in a blog, or even a small clip of video(when they only use a small piece for self gain instead of the WHOLE video)it just gets me thinking (for myself I might add) For egs. someone in California telling the sheeple of the internet that Loring is a Fema camp!! Not only did I find Loring on the list of Fema camps, but Brunswick naval air station!!-Now this made me laugh!!! I live 20 minutes away from Brunswick and can see the local impact the closure is having on our community. The Brunswick town council is up in arms over what to do with the base!!
www.bowdoin.edu...
activerain.com...
The base is NOT EVEN going to close until 2011!!!
It has closed many doors but yet, opened many with the sectioning off of the base to residential community, businesses, parks and recreation, and many other wonderful ideas on what to do with the base-NEMA, not FEMA will have a small place for disaster management as any community should but it will definitely NOT BE a Fema camp!! -lol...so start with YOUR VERY OWN COMMUNITY!! Look up the "LIST" so to speak and if it's in driving distance go there!!check it out for yourself!!
I know I don't much believe youtube but check this out just for giggles!!
www.youtube.com...
Now, do I believe things are going to get tough for us in times to come? Yes!! of course!! Do I have emergency plans in place for my family and extra food stored? Yes!! of course!! Times definitely call for us to "take care of our own" so to speak. but c'mon...concentration camps? I am not trying to devalue ANYONES beliefs...but for those who are on the fence...truly investigate and don't believe something just because the "net" says so.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

Thank you for posting that!

You read my mind buddy!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nice work mate, just be prepared to be called a dis-info agent.

Here's a couple of threads I started that may pique your interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
yah, agent 007!!-lol...Nah, just a worried mom who truly started buying into it, but when I saw my own local military installations on the "list" really had to just check it out for myself-as I think many people should just check it out for themselves, and not on just a Sunday afternoon when things are empty, check on a Wednesday too!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
so how exactly does this prove that its not a detainment camp?

S&F second line!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It truly is not about proving anything, I just went and investigated things in my own area and then based my OPINION on that. Just as you can do also...we all have different beliefs, and I only stated I don't "think" so-think being the keyword...and of course my own investigation instead of believing all that is posted in front of me...You can do the same!!! I just feel insulted someone can post anything they want on the net and everyone takes it as fact without checking for themselves first...it's not about debunking the theory-can only assess my own military installations in my area...and Loring and Brunswick are not detention camps in MY OPINION. You are free to believe what you'd like...everyone has the right to choose...I think the saying around here goes blue pill or red pill?-lol...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
oh of course every belief is choice, as skewed as it may be. but we base our beliefs off information and knowledge, what makes sense to us. i apologize i thought your thread was trying to debunk the fema camps judging by your header. but i understand now.

ya know what still puzzles me is the coffins and the "camps" sprouting up that are NOT in use and yet guarded. though i admit i have not seen them for myself. but something that does coincide with the "detainment camps" is....darn cant find the thread. its new and floating around somewhere here. it is the house resolution saying fema can throw up "emergency" centers in military bases n such. maybe you saw it. if/when i find it ill throw it up here

here ya go found it by luck!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by just_another_yourself]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned this article proves nothing and is a waste of space.
Sorry, I have seen enough documentaries, videos, read enough articles, heard enough guests on shows to know that something is not right with our government. AFTER 911 all is possible.
Just because you post a blog about your opinion, it doesn't negate what I have seen, heard and read.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My friend, Im with you on this.

Theres a difference between killing a couple thousand people in secret, and killing millions in concentration camps with the world watching. Our soldiers wouldnt stand and watch either.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
wideawake....ahhh, another who thinks the net is the source of all info...-lol...keep READING...and never check yourself...you'll go far my friend...

hmm applause was good thank-you mods...
where do you live? and what "concentration" camp is listed in your area? ACTUALLY been there to check or just accepting "the list" as fact?
This was never about debunking the theory or my opinion...more about getting off your duff and INVESTIGATING for yourself...and not taking what someone else posts or says as fact...people are lazy these days aren't they?-lol....

and TY mondo...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by rockhndr]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by rockhndr]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

Cool where are the coffins and camps. Ok just 1 camp or coffin?? Can't find them can you!!! Only on the net. Oh well get used to believing NOTHING you read on the net.

mikell

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Of course they are real, the third reich is still here and thats all the research you need to know.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rockhndr

I also laughed off the notion that a FEMA camp was in my back yard. My "local detention center" is listed everywhere as being at the old Carswell AFB in Fort Worth.

In reality, this base is alive and well. It's main tenant is the US Navy, Joint Reserve base:

www.cnic.navy.mil...

Of course, who could forget, it used to be an active Strategic Bomber base filled with B-52's, fully Nuke'd.

www.strategic-air-command.com...

The USAf 10-th Air Force is also Headquartered here:

www.10af.afrc.af.mil...

And of course, the bad to the bone, 310st Fighter Wing:

www.301fw.afrc.af.mil...

EDIT> I almost forgot...lol, the most important part! Our newest fighter is built here also. The F-22 Raptor:

www.lockheedmartin.com...

But the controversy lies with this facility:

www.bop.gov...

This is my nearest "concentration camp". To the un-learned, it's a Federal Correctional Medical Facility for women only.

Been there, touched it, smelled it, breathed it. Very weird place. (seemed to me that there were quite a few 'pyschos' in there).

"I" and my team of highly trained FEMA mercanaries, installed the CCTV system in this facility.

S&F to the OP

[edit on 5-3-2009 by SlinkyDFW]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, I too am skeptical about the FEMA camp scare; however, these facilities could in theory be converted to internment camps quite quickly and easily.

The issue for me has always been not about the existence of camps, but who the camps could be intended for.

In WWII, the Nazis picked a readily identifiable and distinct group of people, the Jews to persecute. This decision was in part based on hundreds of years of anti-Semitism.

In the US, who would be targeted for internment. I could see Muslims if another 9/11 style attack took place the same way they interred the Japanese in WWII. I could see an up swell of anti-Semitism as a result of the financial collapse (editorial note: I am Jewish and I am not blaming Jews for the financial collapse, but I could see fear mongering and diversionary tactics by government officials point in this direction).

Otherwise, I don't know who they would put in these alleged camps. Maybe all the poster on ATS LOL.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My mind is still not made up about all this FEMA, relocation stuff. But I checked out another ATS thread and went to the google link provided about a FEMA camp in Lexington KY. I suppose sometime in the near future I will check out this site. Meanwhile, while Obama is having concerts in the White House I will be painting my paranoid thoughts in my studio.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
People may have listed your fish and game facility as a FEMA camp but I will go ahead and say you are wrong, these camps are real and have just been legalized by the United States congress. It even lists all the camps on a site and your facility isn't listed so all you have done here is explain nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You evidently did not read my post correctly...I never said they did not exist...but their use is up for debate...and yes Loring air force base is on the list flying around the net on blogs and in youtube maybe not the "official" list but that's the whole point-it is NOW owned by inland fisheries after the base closed in 1994. what didn't you get about my post?
www.sianews.com...
www.greatdreams.com...
and what I have explained is Loring is not a fema concentration camp (concentration being the key word)...of course they signed and legalized these camps...I'm just showing that they are not the evil "concentration camps" to round up Americans. Yes, fema has emergency camps for disasters-it's what people are trying to read into this fact that is the debate. Try reading the ENTIRE post next time and not skim reading the points of interest in your eyes...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Heck there are some local ones to me, but I have never gone to look.

I personally think these "camps" are real or are areas set aside for just in case. FEMA never says what they are "really" for, I don't think. So our paranoia and distrust of our government lets our imagination go. We might hear bits and pieces of what they are for but never the full story.

I think they have many uses. In case of a MAJOR disaster, I personally would like a place to be able to go and get some shelter, food and medical attention even if it is minimal, better than nothing. It could be there to imprison Christians, illegal aliens, prisoners from a destroyed jail and maybe even red and blue lists.

I have also heard of big incinerators at some of these places. Well, if there ever was a large amount of deaths say from some kind of virus or something, a good way to get rid of all the bodies would be to burn them. Why not?

I think we will never really know until they need to be used. Maybe I will see some of you there!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Oolon

star for you-just think and INVESTIGATE with your own mind...not everything you read on the net-just because it's here doesn't make it fact...
start in your own backyard...good luck to you!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Thanks for the post, I too am skeptical about the FEMA camp scare; however, these facilities could in theory be converted to internment camps quite quickly and easily.

Thats the point it might not look like nothing now. But if all hell breaks loose Coffins come out like porta potties.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join