It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Needs a Lesson in Protocol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho Last time I checked Wal-Mart had 300 plus stores and growing in Canada. I suppose you are above shopping there. Good for you!! You should be proud

Again, before I would get all huffy about the choices, I'd investigate whether or not they are Criterion issues. Or maybe even enquire of the White House why they made those choices on your behalf.

But it's always easier to complain, I know.

As to Walmart, yes, we have them here. Personally, I don't like their labour practices, their effects on the local economy and a number of other issues. It's not elitism...I simply support the local merchants so that our money doesn't end up in...what? Arkansas?

It's an interesting phenomenon...you should look into it.

And I support the downtown as a Heritage District, instead...so Walmart doesn't suck all the money out of the town core. That way, when Walmart goes...they're already shutting down the Sam's Clubs...there will be something left.

But thanks for asking.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
And not to mention he didn't meet him and have the public greeting on the grounds when Brown arrived. Just kinda blew him off till later. If I remembered where I read that, I'd leave a link. But it was a msm news site.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What the hell is so Presidential about WalMart?

DVD's most likely from the bargain bin no doubt.
He probably doesn't even tip well either.
Won't be long before some poor waitress somewhere goes on record as saying Obama stiffed her.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho To those who think I am nit picking poor Obama.. I am. I want to paint the clear picture of just how rank he really is. Some people get it and some obviously don't. The man is an embarrassment.

Sorry to call 'starboard!' on you once again, but since you didn't seem interested in digging any deeper, I took the liberty of writing the White House to ask about this collection. I'll let you know if I hear back.

But even the news item that you cited stated:

But the Mail has learned it included classics such as Star Wars, The Godfather and Citizen Kane and was produced by the American Film Institute as a 'special request' for the White House last month.

Walmart, indeed! Isn't it time to quit this partisan nonsense and try to fix things, instead.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by jibeho To those who think I am nit picking poor Obama.. I am. I want to paint the clear picture of just how rank he really is. Some people get it and some obviously don't. The man is an embarrassment.

Sorry to call 'starboard!' on you once again, but since you didn't seem interested in digging any deeper, I took the liberty of writing the White House to ask about this collection. I'll let you know if I hear back.

But even the news item that you cited stated:

But the Mail has learned it included classics such as Star Wars, The Godfather and Citizen Kane and was produced by the American Film Institute as a 'special request' for the White House last month.

Walmart, indeed! Isn't it time to quit this partisan nonsense and try to fix things, instead.

You are indeed a rare one. How are you calling Starboard on me? Read the articles that I linked to. I am merely stating what I read. Is this list of movies not good enough for you?

Feel free to write the White House. I'm sure they will get right back to you. The movies I posted were sourced by the Daily Mail via the White House. What more do you want?

This isn't a conspiracy. This is my thread about an idiot president who has no idea what he is doing. This isn't a thread about movie titles genius which for some reason you think it is.

Yes, I could probably go to Wal Mart or Blockbuster or Amazon and buy each movie individually and make my own "exclusive" collection. My local grocery store sells movies too.

I think you are confused and you do not understand that PM Brown was the first International leader to visit the Obama White House and that Brown also gave an extremely rare address to a joint session of congress. Brown was treated very poorly by the White House from the moment he set foot on American soil. It is an absolute embarrassment. That is not how we should treat the leader of on of our greatest alllies. Bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Wait a sec, to add insult to injury, those WalMart DVD's cannot be played in the UK.
I know they don't use the same country code.
Plus aren't they on PAL/SECAM?

Dissin' our allies while befriending the enemy.
Smart move Barry.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Haha. Good point, I hadn't even thought of that.
Most DVD players sold in the UK only play European discs !
Wow, that's way too funny. Brown can't even watch them !

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Looks like the White House needs to hire a personal shopper.

I'm still giggling over Hilary's gift to the Russian Foreign Minister. Not only was it tacky and ugly looking, but they spelled "reset" wrong, instead it read "overcharged".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Perhaps Obama was trying to tell the American people it is us who needs the special treatment - not foreign ministers?

Goes to show you it ISN'T the thought that counts. It is the uniqueness and how rare and worthy something is.

This is coming from someone who is anti-obama. There are more things than this to cry about.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

I understand where you're coming from because I too don't care what the rest of the world thinks of the US, but England is our closest ally, and the Brits are "a bit miffed".

How many times has Obama said in his speeches he will restore the image of the United States.
Maybe they now see us as a bunch of cheap b*st*rds?

Gee, I wonder what he plans on giving the Queen when he meets with her next week? link
Should prove interesting.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I understand your point too. And if I were in his shoes, I would have come up with something better...

Has Obama given any comment on this whole fiasco yet?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Knowing him, he's probably indifferent about it because he thinks this is a none issue.
Maybe to a certain degree it is, but it will never be forgotten.

It takes a whole lot of atta boys to make up for one uh oh!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Not to mention the RED BUD Hillary's recent joky joky :

Button gaffe embarrasses Clinton

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Rigel]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join