It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is no Gaza , Isreal will lose

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by JPhish
Good and evil are relative.

Only sometimes.

Political lies are evil.
To stone homosexuals simply because they are homosexuals is evil.
Hanging rape victims because they 'had sexual relations with a man' is evil.

There are relative evils ... and then there are real evils. Those are evil.

What you are talking about is another countries belief system, what right does any one have to tell any other country what is right and what is wrong?
killing of cattle, to Hindu's this is barbaric and an offence,
some cultures cut the skin from a young mans manliness.
Other cultures tattoo or even scar their children.

In some countries nutity is acceptable and no one bats an eyelid at it, yet others are offended by the hint of skin,
Living in any country would mean that you follow the rules of the land or you pay the price,
Homosexuality used to be a crime in the US once and Homosexuals where regularly attacked by gangs of youths, so does this mean that the US keeps it's old way of thinking?
Of course not, but it wasn't any other country telling the US that their views on homosexuals where wrong, they worked it out themselves.
All countries grow and experiment with their own laws and it is up to the people to change it, not another country.

Now I got that out of the way, what right does the US or Israel now have to attack another country?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I don't know about whom you speak of when you say "they", do you mean Islam as a religion or what.. But, if you truely understand your past and religion, you'd know that other religions treated women a lot worse than you think. Islam was the first religion that outlawed female infanticide, made the education of girls a sacred duty and established a woman's right to own and inherit property. If you feel so strongly about how women are treated, why don't you do something about it in your own country, before you start worrying about another country on how "bad" they threat their women.

There are qyuite a few countries currently that need to work on peoples rights. Iran is 1 of them. That doesn't mean we need to kill 1.3 million people there too.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We should stay on topic and discuss the fact of Iran wanting war or not. Whether it is Iran the aggressor or Israel the aggressor. Lots of posts could have been put up about Israels government biases and corrupt views but that is not on topic.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
what right does any one have to tell any other country what is right and what is wrong?

I'm not telling another country what to do. I'm exposing it's corruption.

Is it more right to sit back and let someone lie and not call them out on it?

Is it more right to sit back and not say anything, and let homosexuals be stoned to death simply for being homosexual and not call the perps out on it?

There is nothing wrong with exposing a liar.
There is nothing wrong with exposing crimes against humanity.

It may not fit into the OPs premise that Iran is the good guy and Israel is the bad guy, but too bad.

I'm not sitting here telling Iran what to do. I'm sitting here telling people that their 'oh, the president of Iran is such a good guy' talk is highly misplaced. He's just another stink'n liar of a politician. Those are the facts.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think the OP was suggesting that Iran is a much bigger proposition for Israel to take on if they decide to attack as opposed to Gaza. I dont think he said anything to the effect of "Nice Iran..bad Israel".

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Electricgypsy

Sigh, the moment a power takes over that's not a us puppet they become a terroist and rah rah rah . please read up on the history of Iran and the involvement of the CIA which is why Iran is like it is today.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

the meaning of my post , you are close , is that IRAN wants nothing to do with War, But, If it happens , Israel will be in a fight for their lives, MAIN POINT : IRAN does not want war

Edit basically what you said , i know, But I just wanted to point out my point , without quote , Quote police are in full force today

[edit on 6-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by sueloujo

the meaning of my post , you are close , is that IRAN wants nothing to do with War, But, If it happens , Israel will be in a fight for their lives, MAIN POINT : IRAN does not want war

Edit basically what you said , i know, But I just wanted to point out my point , without quote , Quote police are in full force today

Nato has realigned itself with Russia because Russia said mess with us and Iran gets the s-300 sam defense system which renders Israels airforce and missiles useless - Iran already has a lesser version and I bet 10 to 1 they will be getting this either way.
The Iraq war was almost entirely funded by China, attacking Iran WILL NOT HAPPEN. If Israel were to strike then it will be a hot global world war - America will be fighting in their own country - and that is something which will destroy you - Russia and China will invade via your northern borders and you will be invaded from the south.

Any pretence to nuclear war will spell the end of humanity.

Be careful what you say people as you are toying with the end of the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have a question for everyone/anyone on this thread. If a new war is started, what's in it for me? Hmm............ That's what I thought. That's what I got last time. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

I believe that there will be a larger war if Israel invade or attack Iran. What's in it for me or for the average person? Absolutely nothing! The only people who profit from war are the Military Industrial Complex, it's shareholders, other misc corporations and gold traders.

Who loses? The impoverished and working class people of the world. Anyone who supports war is a complete idiot who hasn't learned the lessons of the past. You must question their motives!

IRM

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

Remember this guy?Iran will talk a little like him I think.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

ok, but im not sure the relavance of the video, are you trying to show the resistance ?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I know that the longer Israel waits the harder it's going to be for Israel to attack Iran.

If Israel could i bet they would of attacked Iran a long time a go. What we see now is Israel trying to gather sympathy or allies so that they dont have to attack on their own. If Israel dont get support from the US there will be no attack on Iran.

If Israel was to attack Iran on their own i bet that their initial attack would be with nukes. Then they seal the deal with air strikes.

But what would the world say to that!!!

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The "Win."

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Does anyone on this thread remember the Savak? They were Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi’s secret police. They were infamous for their abuse of human rights.

Prior to the Iranian revolution there were two classes of people in Iran. Very wealth elite who were international, that you would have a better chance of meeting shopping in Paris, London, or Beverly Hills or hobnobbing it up with politicians in Washington D.C.

Then there were the dirt poor. As in dirt poor, and when the dirt poor complained about how they were disenfranchised from the nation’s oil wealth it meant one thing and one thing only to the Savak. Communists!

Dissidents were dealt with brutally and thoroughly. The Savak was backed up by the CIA. The CIA was instrumental in bringing the Shah’s father to power a couple decades before.

As the power of Israel grew, and the power of the Israeli political lobby within the United States grew, Iran was considered our ace in the hole to defeat any oil embargos brought levied against the U.S. by any consortium of Arab nations in retaliation for our financial and military support of Israel.

Keeping the Shah in power and backing up the Savak was a priority of successive U.S. Administrations up until Jimmy Carter came to power. When Carter decided to gut the black operations department of the CIA and make many of their clandestine activities illegal under U.S. Law the Savak found itself without it’s safety net and prime source of intelligence. The dissidents fighting against them, the corruption of the Shah’s regime, the human rights violations it perpetuated and the abject poverty and squalor the vast majority of Iranian society was forced to live in quickly began gaining the upper hand.

Most of the Savak fled along with the Shah, and most of them are quietly growing old in the Washington D.C. suburbs and Los Angeles today.

Americans might have been ignorant about what was going on in Iran, but Iranians weren’t ignorant of it. They understood implicitly that the real power behind the Savak and the Shah was the United States. It’s why they chose the U.S. Embassy as their statement. It also had key intelligence as to whom within the Shah’s regime was responsible for the lion’s share of atrocities against the people.

One could argue we held their country hostage for decades. One could even argue we held their country hostage for decades in order to compensate for a flawed foreign policy that turned a blind eye to Israel’s human right’s violations.

There is a lot of bad blood between the three nations as a result of all this.

A lot of nations have suffered a plague of indignities to insert a Jewish nation back into the volatile Middle East and for it’s survival to be ensured. Political correctness dictates that it is acceptable in this case for the many to suffer for the good of the few.
Good leadership dictates the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

A tremendous amount of suffering is ignored and swept under the carpet, while still to this day a disparate number of people are persecuted because the horrors visited upon them are made to seem insubstantial and inconsequential compared to the few that a might makes right scenario are deemed far more worthy of consideration and political correctness.

In my humble opinion the usurped word anti-Semitism which is a misnomer since almost all Arabic peoples are Semites should be instead anti-Revisionism, for it is often evoked when someone has a problem with the revising of history.

That anyone people should be elevated above any form of criticism is ludicrous. That any one group of people who have nuclear weapons appoint themselves as to who else should and shouldn’t is simply hypocritical. Give your nuclear weapons up first before you bemoan the other nation’s arsenal or attempt to achieve one. If no one had them, no one would need them.

That the United States is bankrupting itself and crumbling from within enflaming and perpetuating these age old differences in religion is a pretty horrific thing unto itself for a nation before it was usurped was founded on separation of church and state.

That the old are so anxious to commit the young to wars is nothing new. One can only hope that one generation of youth will not be so dependent upon the older generation’s approval to keep falling into this trap.

I am pretty sure Iran does not want war. I am fairly certain Israel does. If it happens I would like to see both sides fight it without American weapons or money. Talk about dreaming.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I see more propaganda has risen, They say the end wil start with a war in the middle east, no one said anything about it being supported in the west

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

If you were in a country like Iran and seen the propaganda machines at work , you would be preparing to defend yourself as well. Iran was helping Hamas because they are the only country that sees the truth going on there

Ok If every country in the world tells Iran that they're wrong then maybe they're wrong!

Also I agree Iran has a huge propaganda machine going. I wouldn't believe anything that comes out of Tehran either.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

so you suggest they sit idly by, drink tea, and let Israel bomb their plant, who the hell do t
he Israelis think they are , "chosen people"

edit; Slayer69 enjoyed your china US oil vids , ty

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

so you suggest they sit idly by, drink tea, and let Israel bomb their plant, who the hell do t
he Israelis think they are , "chosen people"

edit; Slayer69 enjoyed your china US oil vids , ty

Hey thanks about the oil vids

But let me ask you this on topic. Has Israel done any of this? If not why all the anger towards something that has not happened.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have no anger towards any country at all.... I just see the propaganda machine working :circa Iraq , WMD

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join