It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is no Gaza , Isreal will lose

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

your opinions are , valid, unique, different.....im trying to be nice , but im laughing so hard im gonna pis myself

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Do you realise that Israel is consistently in breach of UN law, resolutions and regulations? Does it matter when its Israel?

Iraq didn't break the resolutions and regulations for self defense reasons. Iraq started a war. It lost. BIG DIFFERENCE.

You have a strange logic if you call invading and occupying other peoples land self-defence. Kind of sums up Israels mentality, attack and we shall call it self-defence. The great western moral setter.

your elected leader G.W. Bush came to power by increasing state killings

The death penalty in Texas can't even begin to be compared to official state stonings of homosexuals in Iran. For you to try to compare the two is laughable.

Not laughable. Death simply isnt that funny. Fact is Bush used killings and 'God' in his role as 'Decider' to get votes and power. He used his office to invade Iraq leaving hundreds of thousands dead. On his watch nearly 3000 died and 3000+ have canme home in body bags.

America is already ruined following Israel and zionism.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by BigC2012]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The President of Iran did not deny the Holocaust. He questions the numbers and methods like many others do. Many people were killed during Hitlers reign. 6 million jews is what the Zionists would have you believe, but modern science indicates that number is incorrect. We were all told about the Soap made from the remains of murdered Jews and the lamp shades made from their skin. It was all Zionist propaganda and untrue. The Soap was examined and it was determined to contain a small amount of pork fat but no human fat. The lamp shades were made from Goat skin. There are many myths that Zionists spout regarding the Holocaust. That is what the president of Iran was talking about. Questioning the facts about the Holocaust is not a crime.

He also never stated that Israel should be "wiped off the map." That is an incorrect translation of his words, again promoted by Zionists to stir up trouble.

"Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian". Instead, "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."
Indeed Zionism should collapse as it is racist in it's very nature. In Israel, genetics defines your fate. That is the very definition of Racism. That does not mean that Israel should disappear, more that it should abide by international laws including the Geneva Conventions, end the illegal occupation, and end the illegal settlements. This is what Ahmadinejad was referring to.

Iran does not have material for nuclear weapons, which Israel keeps complaining about. The IAEA has the cooperation of Iran in their inspections and has stated that Iran does not have weapons grade material nor are they making any. The US Secretary of Defense recently stated that Iran is no where near capable of making nuclear weapons anytime in the near future. Israel would have you believe that Iran is ready to attack with nukes at any moment. The US was dragged into war in Iraq by lies about Weapons of Mass destruction, Israel would love for you to swallow another lie about Irans nuclear capability.

Israel is currently supplying weapons to Georgia, as they know if they attack Iran, they will have to deal with Russia. In a protracted conflict, Russia would need to supply through the Caucus mountains. Arming Georgia could slow that down. Russia has stated that they would back Iran in any conflict started by Israel. Iran has made no indications that it is planning on attacking Israel.

Israel gets 3 Billion dollars a year from the US. Without that cash influx, Israel would not be able to purchase the Jets, and armament they need for war. They could also not afford to conduct a war without US finances, or even to support themselves. Even the Operation Cast Lead in Gaza was conducted with US purchased weapons.

Israel would have a very tough time if they decided to attack Iran, as Iran is quite capable of defending themselves. When it comes to Military Might for a conventional war, Global Firepower has Iran ranked as number 16 in the world, and Israel as number 26. That is why Israel is trying desperately to ramp up US support by using lies and half truths to cloud the issues.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Well written, F, my reason for this post was to show that Iran doesn't want war at all, but they wont roll over

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Only $3 billion USD? That is less than I thought, but still too much for me to take. Do you have a link for that number or something that I can reference?

Does anyone have numbers that show how many Americans actually support giving money to Israel?

Israel has every right to exist and wage war, but not on my dime.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Only $3 billion USD? That is less than I thought, but still too much for me to take. Do you have a link for that number or something that I can reference?

In the area where I grew up, it was a large Jewish community. I spent some time at Temple with my Jewish friends, and if I am not mistaken, part of the money some Temples collect from their members, is sent to Isreal, also. Who knows then how much they really receive from America.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
People freely funding Israel is not a problem for me. The temples can collect all the money they want and send it to Israel.

I have no issue with Jews at all and not many issues with Israel. My main problem is the chance that I might be dragged into a conflict against Iran and I do not believe Iran is a threat to me, my way of life or my home country. I also think if they want to hold a country to U.N. regulations, they should also make themselves accountable. The other thing that bothers me is the free money and support they get for their agenda.

I have a chair made in Israel. I might have a few other things made there, too. I have no problem with that money funding their country. They earned it. I buy from Jewish businesses. I get a service and they get their money. If they send it to fund war, that is their business. If I saw something made in Iran and I needed it, I would also buy it. I buy from China and Russia. What's the difference?

If they want to attack Iran, let them do it. I do not want to be involved beyond the cost of a product or service I pay for.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Good luck, Israel. We have a new front on the war with (insert something here). Gates says we must help Mexico with our military. Oh, boy! A new war to keep us occupied as the banksters reap what our grandchildren might just sow. Never fear. We will be disarmed so we cannot possibly help to arm the criminals in Mexico. It's all just sick. I hope you all can grow gardens like I can and retrieve water from the ground like I can. It's time for revolution in the USA, but, not like Jefferson wanted, I want it to be peaceful and no loss of life and no blood to feed the roots of libery. I would prefer reason to feed the roots of the libery tree. Let's rise above this 18th century thinking and make it work for the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Double post

2nd line

[edit on 5-3-2009 by kyred]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

The 3 Billion Dollar figure is actually a conservative number, but can easily be verified by numerous sources. You can check the State Department for an official number.... but again, the number they will give you will not include all military funding and special funding for other purposes. The actual number is higher. This does not include any funding from private sources such as Jewish organizations in the US. Israel is the largest recipient of US aid by a significant factor. Without US funding, Israel could not stand on their own two feet.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by branty

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this one.

Now that's out of my system.

Yeah, they have some more tech and maybe some more hardened troops that won't turn in the face of the free world, but they're just like the others. They will fall.

The US should stay out of this one. Israel has more than enough technology and people to go in there and wipe some crap out. The US/NATO should slap down any of the others who move in and try to attack Israel from behind while they're at war.

IMHO.

Iran, China and Russia have just signed a treaty to cover each others backs...Iran has their backup too.

Remember that you made this post. On this day.

Remember that.

You could very well be seeing the makings of WW 3.

Good for the US economy, bad for the tin pot dictators over there.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

ok, PLzz explain how its good for US economy ?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Think about it man.

Look at WWII.

We were in the "Great Depression." No one had jobs, the dollar was suffering and people were going hungry.

Now - we get sucked into a massive war - the people of the US suddenly find that jobs are open for helping to construct tanks, planes, ships - weapons, ammunition, uniforms. Suddenly - everyone has jobs again. People have jobs so they get money - the mills and plants have workers and are producing, so they get contracts from the government.

If you go research the US economy before, during and after WWII, you'll see the comparison I'm trying to draw. But - in today's apathetic "me me me" US society - I wouldn't be surprised if we had people trying to protest the construction of tanks and planes and burning crap down. Hell - WWIII may not save the US economy. Who knows.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the specifics of economics - there are probably others here who could get into the math and stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ok my freind, Im not a economist either , but we both have common sense.

How good has the Iraq war been to the US , 2 billion a week

A modern war , unlike ww2, doesnt need factories turning out tanks, ammo, uniforms, etc, all that stuff is already made and stockpiled

All the military, army , airforce are already there trained and ready

all thats left is the cost of maintaining your troops abroad, current 2 bil a week in Iraq

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here is a thought. Persia (Iran) is one of the world’s oldest civilizations. It actually predates the first short lived Israel and the Jewish religion.

The United States is a little over 200 years old.

The second Israel is a little over 60 years old.

Looking at the math here and some of the morality involved as well?

It seems to me the kiddies are trying to tell the grownups what they are supposed to be doing. Not surprisingly they are making a real mess of it.

Maybe if little brother weren’t so intent on falling for everything junior put him up to, little brother would have some of his allowance left.

Maybe if junior wants to go throwing stones all the time at the big kids and stealing their things and keeps pulling the waa, waa, waa, he’s bigger than me thing little brother just ought to tell junior the truth. Yep he sure his, maybe you should learn to play nice.

I think junior needs to learn to behave, and little brother needs to learn to let junior take his lumps or little brother is going to go the way of the first Israel.

Meanwhile Persia will likely always still be there. Pretty much like it always has been. Pretty much like Iraq which sends parts of little brother home in body bags each day.

In the immortal words of Clint Eastwood “A man has to know his limitations”.

Kids who don’t know them tend to not live to old age. I would take a good look in the mirror little brother, and leave junior and big brother to their own devices. It’s a lot cheaper and surer a bet.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Okay, here are some things to keep in mind.

1) Are you saying that we (the US military) have enough equipment as is that if we were to get drawn into a major world-conflict, we wouldn't need new equipment? We wouldn't need to churn out new stuff to fight overseas if say - China and Russia decided to team up and start attacking US interests? I'm just using common sense.

2) We can't compare Iraq to WWII. It's not even remotely the same situation. In WWII, we operated under what is known as the "total war" situation. That means the entire society was directly engaged in the war - whether it be draftees from the country fighting, their wives making new uniforms, or people who couldn't/wouldn't fight working in the factories. In WWII, there were clearly defined armies fighting each other to the end. In Iraq, the US and a few allied countries invaded Iraq and now we've been there far too long. Yeah, it's sucking money out of the economy, but what's being done on the part of the US to fill that void? Who is back home working to fix the economy? Working to replace the lost money? I hear a LOT of whining all the time about Iraq. You know what - it's there - we can't go back in time and not invade, so deal with it. The question is - what is being done to fix it?

("Pulling out troops next year?") Do you think that'll fix things? Nope. The money is still gone. "But we're going to not have to spend money to keep them over there..." Oh - let's not forget - those people who come home are more than likely going to be turned right around and sent to Afghanistan.

The bottom line is - these "wars" we're rolled up in today are NOTHING like World War II. These are like police actions or something similar.

3) I wasn't calling you stupid or anything about the economy stuff - I REALLY don't know anything about economics. At all. I don't really care to study it that much either. I was saying that I'm sure someone else could provide figures and math to explain the way things were during WWII and could be in the future. That's all I was saying.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sidenote: he never once called for israel to be wiped off the map...do your homework and get the true translation of what he said.

And when they chant "Death To Israel" in Tehran, that's also a mistranslation?

What Ahamanijad said was ""The Imam [Khomeini] said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

It is the usual phraseology in the Mideast to use the "regime occupying Jerusalem" to mean the State of Israel.

They are not interested in a different government of Israel. They are interested in no government of Israel.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mbkennel]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Now - we get sucked into a massive war - the people of the US suddenly find that jobs are open for helping to construct tanks, planes, ships - weapons, ammunition, uniforms. Suddenly - everyone has jobs again. People have jobs so they get money - the mills and plants have workers and are producing, so they get contracts from the government.

There is one little problem with this scenario. Where does the government get the money, to pay the factories, that pay the workers to build the tanks? From the workers themselves, the tax payers.

The United States Constitution prohibited Federal Income Tax except during times of war to raise and equip an army.

Our government is still paying off the cost of World War I and II. It's why the illegal Federal Income Tax was never repealed after the way like it was after all other wars previous to it. Do you really think that every penny collected in taxes goes to the Federal Budget? What happens to the excess. What happens when the tax base does not cover the cost of government during a war or crisis. We borrow it abroad and we borrow it privately.

War does not help the economy it hurts the economy. We fight the wars that suit the powers that be. They lend the governments money to do that. Part of that money goes to you for work you might perform. Part of the money that goes to you goes right back to the government to start paying the interest on the money the government owes.

Money doesn't start growing on Government trees or laid by Government Gooses, just like soldiers aren't brought by the Government Stork.

Who bears the cost for War Mongering and bigotry. We do, our children do, their children do, their children do, and their children do and on and on and on down the line.

That is if the child doesn't have to give his life in the war.

We loaned France and England substantial amounts of money to fight World War I, we got sucked into World War I shortly there after when money alone would not accomplish the desired task.

England and France were absolved from paying us back thanks to the Treaty of Versaislles which made Germany responsible for paying it all back. Germany wasn't able to afford to pay it back and ultimately had no choice but to initiate World War II to keep from having to pay it back.

Our nation has been in debt to the Federal Reserve run by the European Banksters ever since.

If you plan on having children or do have children do them a favor. Just do a Nancy Regan and say NO TO WAR.

The Israelis and the Banksters might not thank you for it but your children will.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

ok my freind, Im not a economist either , but we both have common sense.

How good has the Iraq war been to the US , 2 billion a week

A modern war , unlike ww2, doesnt need factories turning out tanks, ammo, uniforms, etc, all that stuff is already made and stockpiled

All the military, army , airforce are already there trained and ready

all thats left is the cost of maintaining your troops abroad, current 2 bil a week in Iraq

The US economy has suffered from the war in Iraq, but what about companies like Haliburton, blackwater as well as the oil companies, also monsanto with sales of terminator seeds ect......

The US economy has suffered alright, but the people who started the war are making out like bandits.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I wouldn't want to live in the middle east. I think that Obama should encourage all Israelis to move to some other country and let the Palestinians have the whole area.

I agree. How about we carve a next good meaty section out of the middle of the United states and force millions of Americans from their homes so that millions of Jews can take over what used to be ours. Sounds like it'll work out great to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join