It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran is no Gaza , Isreal will lose

page: 2
9
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My point of the thread to show, IRAN wants no war, but will not ba a victim, CHECK THIS VID




posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni
 


What pray tell is a "proper Jew"? Just curious. One that isn't willing to defends him/herself?

What is Israel supposed to do, with all the, and I quote, "saber rattling" concerning the destruction of Israel that has occurred for almost 3/4's of a century? Trust in the peaceful intentions of their neighbors? We've seen how well that works.

Now I'm not saying the Israeli's have been saints, because it's quite obvious that they aren't. What they are is willing to do what they feel is neccessary to protect themselves...and damn the outsiders who don't like it. I may not agree with their decisions all the time, but I respect their right to do so.

By the same token, Iran certainly has the right to defend themselves, too. But I'm not so sure they need nukes to do so...but it is their right as a sovereign nation to do so...and damn the outsiders who think otherwise. As I said with the Israeli's, I may not like their decisions, but it's their right to make them.

So here we are...sabre rattling does not a war make. This being the Middle East, however, it's always a possibility.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo
 


He wants peace? Cool. That's a good thing. Yet for all of the peaceful noise he's made, he's also made other not so peaceful noises...I can't help buy think that pursueing nuclear weapons is somewhat less than peaceful. You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong.

But hey, as long as their talking, they aren't shooting. The which is a good thing.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
At the risk of being branded an Anti-Semitic, I need to understand something.

Why is it that everytime someone suggests a threat to Israel, another will respond with rhetoric saying the U.S. will jump in and save them? I know historically the U.S. has provided a great deal of support for the state of Israel. Is there any reliable souces that can show the majority of us Americans actually agree with support of Israel?

I have nothing against Jewish people. I have Jewish friends. I have even worked beside Israelis. I welcome them all to come live in the U.S., if they choose. However, I do not want to provide economic or military support to keep Israel going.

If Israel wants to put a stick in the hornets nest and rattle it, I think they should go at it alone. Am I the only American that feels this way?



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Let them fight their own battles. Since they are "Gods Children" there is no way they will lose, right. This piece of rock there has been the source of so much bloodshed for ages. Let them fight it out, who ever wins, wins. Leave the rest of us out of it, and my tax dollars as well.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Israel could beat Iran in a week long border skirmish, but they don't share a border, and Iran has a pool of recruitment-age males larger than the entire population of Israel. Iran has ten times Israel's population. (at a similar total GDP) It's kind of no contest. Israel definitely could not invade Iran, and Iran probably could not invade Israel.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mdiinican]



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull
 

the only "sabre rattling" and Imperialistic attitudes have been by (drum roll)

Isreal



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by Jinni
 


What pray tell is a "proper Jew"? Just curious. One that isn't willing to defends him/herself?

What is Israel supposed to do, with all the, and I quote, "saber rattling" concerning the destruction of Israel that has occurred for almost 3/4's of a century? Trust in the peaceful intentions of their neighbors? We've seen how well that works.

Now I'm not saying the Israeli's have been saints, because it's quite obvious that they aren't. What they are is willing to do what they feel is neccessary to protect themselves...and damn the outsiders who don't like it. I may not agree with their decisions all the time, but I respect their right to do so.

By the same token, Iran certainly has the right to defend themselves, too. But I'm not so sure they need nukes to do so...but it is their right as a sovereign nation to do so...and damn the outsiders who think otherwise. As I said with the Israeli's, I may not like their decisions, but it's their right to make them.

So here we are...sabre rattling does not a war make. This being the Middle East, however, it's always a possibility.



You misspelled 'necessary'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Everyone has a right to self-defence. Israel is an aggressor and transgressor on mankind.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
ran does not want war with Isreal ,or any country for that matter,

Says you.

The people of Iran probably don't.
But their government and their Imams sure do.


Originally posted by sueloujo
And Iraq was "crushed" as you so nicely put it illegally.

WRONG.

Saddam invaded Kuwait and he lost. He was required to filfill UN regulations afterwards. He didn't. He continually broke UN rules. It was perfectly legal for the 'Coalition of the Willing' to enter Iraq and force it to abide by UN resolutions since Iraq lost the war against Kuwait that it started.

Also - Our government approved of our actions to be part of the Coaltion of the Willing.

So there was nothing illegal - either nationally or globally - about the war in Iraq.


Originally posted by BigC2012
Iran has been very dignified throughout all this ...

riiiiiiight. dignified. Their leaders manage to publically deny the holocost and call for Israel to be wiped off the world map. (side note - their state sponsored stonings of homosexuals isn't dignified either!)


Originally posted by Jinni
Ahmedinejad doesn't sound like any politician I know!

Yes, you are right. He's the only politician I have ever heard of that applauds the public stoning of homosexuals and then turns around and says that his country doesn't have a 'homosexual problem'. (cuz' they all get killed off by the gov't). He's one of very few politicians who publically denies the holocost ever happened. Lovely little man. :shk:


Originally posted by American_Soviets
Meanwhile, what Israel did to the Palestinians,

Oh please ... more like - What the 'palestinians' did and continue to to do Israel.


Originally posted by Jinni
I saw a Rabbi on national TV declare ...:

Oh?? I've seen the HAMAS TV shows. You know .. all those little kiddie shows that they fill with propaganda. They have Farfur the terror mouse and children singing how Jews are apes and pigs to be killed ... Wanna talk about TV shows in Israel and the 'palestinian' areas?????


Originally posted by sueloujo
But in the video the Iranian president clearly states he wants peace...

And considering the anti-Israel, anti-holocost rhetoric that comes out of that guys mouth .. you believe this statement about him wanting peace?


Originally posted by Jinni
Israel is an aggressor and transgressor on mankind.

Yes .. tiny little Israel .. the cause of all the worlds woes. It couldn't possibly be the fault of the Islamics in the area. No. They are such a peaceful bunch it couldn't possibly be them. *sarcasim*

List of Islamic Terror attacks in the past 2 months





[edit on 3/5/2009 by FlyersFan]



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 

WOW , so much wrong , I dont have the time to educate you, just accept your wrong



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I agree with Branty.




Originally posted by FlyersFan


Saddam invaded Kuwait and he lost. He was required to filfill UN regulations afterwards. He didn't. He continually broke UN rules. It was perfectly legal for the 'Coalition of the Willing' to enter Iraq and force it to abide by UN resolutions since Iraq lost the war against Kuwait that it started.


Do you realise that Israel is consistently in breach of UN law, resolutions and regulations? Does it matter when its Israel?


Originally posted by BigC2012
Iran has been very dignified throughout all this ...

riiiiiiight. dignified. Their leaders manage to publically deny the holocost and call for Israel to be wiped off the world map. (side note - their state sponsored stonings of homosexuals isn't dignified either!)

Ah, and your elected leader G.W. Bush came to power by increasing state killings which many believe to be immoral. Some of those killed by the Texas governer were mentally retarded. Is that ok because its in America?


Originally posted by Jinni
Ahmedinejad doesn't sound like any politician I know!

Yes, you are right. He's the only politician I have ever heard of that applauds the public stoning of homosexuals and then turns around and says that his country doesn't have a 'homosexual problem'. (cuz' they all get killed off by the gov't). He's one of very few politicians who publically denies the holocost ever happened. Lovely little man. :shk:

He says it as it is. Applaud his honesty and ability not to be brain washed like the rest of us.


Originally posted by American_Soviets
Meanwhile, what Israel did to the Palestinians,

Oh please ... more like - What the 'palestinians' did and continue to to do Israel.

Care to elaborate? Even the UN condemns Israel, oh thats right even the UN dont count when unless they are critisising the arabs. The root of the problem is Israels illegal occupation, the Palestinians are defending themselves as they have an absolute right to.




Originally posted by sueloujo
But in the video the Iranian president clearly states he wants peace...

And considering the anti-Israel, anti-holocost rhetoric that comes out of that guys mouth .. you believe this statement about him wanting peace?

Why would we not, has he been caught lying like our leaders? Has he sanctioned invasions of other countries? Prove it if he has.


Originally posted by Jinni
Israel is an aggressor and transgressor on mankind.

Yes .. tiny little Israel .. the cause of all the worlds woes. It couldn't possibly be the fault of the Islamics in the area. No. They are such a peaceful bunch it couldn't possibly be them. *sarcasim*

You sounded almost right for a second there. Facts speak loudest, and Israel is the baddie in this mess, try denying it and you are plain ignorant to the facts no matter what propaganda site you visit.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 

Sidenote: he never once called for israel to be wiped off the map...do your homework and get the true translation of what he said.

And i agree with the others about all your nonsense.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Right now, the US cannot afford another war.

Fighting the war in Iraq may have already bankrupted us or at a very minimum, it has helped create a huge budget deficit.

So, I don't think that Obama will jump in to rescue Israel if Israel starts a war with Iran.

Iran is no innocent in the wars of the middle east. They supply weapons to Hamas.

I don't see Israel as imperialistic since they gave the gaza strip back to the Palestinians. Unfortunately, all that the Palestinians have done with gaza is us it as a base to launch missiles.

I wouldn't want to live in the middle east. I think that Obama should encourage all Israelis to move to some other country and let the Palestinians have the whole area.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricgypsy
Keep dreaming if Iran is hit by Israel they have U.S. backup Iran will be crushed just like Iraq and IMHO its way overdue we should have destroyed Iran when Reagan was elected!!!!


Pfff, Israel dont even need the US' help to destroy Iran

They did win a war against Syria, Egypt and Lebanon, beating them all at the same time.....and in 8 days....

And everyone thats in Israel is military trained. Its mandantory that each citizen spends at least two years in the armed forces at the age of nineteen



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I just wanted to add to BigC2012's truth lesson here...

I would absolutely LOVE to see some more sources than just some shoddy website with disinfo everywhere on it. You are a fool to think that EVERY Islamic person is a terrorist. That is completely absurd. EVERY religion has its extremists. Look at westboro baptist church (lol)

You completely discredit a man for his belief that the Holocaust (spelled right for your ignorance) never happened. That's fine, it's your opinion. I don't agree with it one bit.

Please, educate yourself. Only then can you attempt to educate us.



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Electricgypsy
Keep dreaming if Iran is hit by Israel they have U.S. backup Iran will be crushed just like Iraq and IMHO its way overdue we should have destroyed Iran when Reagan was elected!!!!


Pfff, Israel dont even need the US' help to destroy Iran

They did win a war against Syria, Egypt and Lebanon, beating them all at the same time.....and in 8 days....

And everyone thats in Israel is military trained. Its mandantory that each citizen spends at least two years in the armed forces at the age of nineteen


Plzz my freind , Israel dont need US help, .....Isreal would be throwing rocks if the US didn't arm them



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
Plzz my freind , Israel dont need US help, .....Isreal would be throwing rocks if the US didn't arm them


What?

The USA didnt arm Israel, lol. You must not be that old, no offence intended.


Since its founding, the IDF has strived to be a unique army fitting Israel's specific requirements, and has also developed numerous local technologies, such as the Merkava main battle tank, Uzi submachine gun, and the Galil and Tavor assault rifles.


See above quote, those weapons were created by the Israelis. They have no need to get weapons from the Americans, apart from their missile defence systems.

And


The IDF traces its roots to Jewish paramilitary organizations in the New Yishuv, starting with the Second Aliyah. The first such organization was Bar-Giora, founded in September 1907. It was converted to Hashomer in April 1909, which operated until the British Mandate of Palestine came into being in 1920.


Again, they dont need US help

And


It served as Israel's armed forces in all the country's wars—the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, the 1956 Sinai War, the 1967 Six-Day War, the War of Attrition, the 1973 Yom Kippur War, the 1982 Lebanon War and the 2006 Lebanon War. While originally the IDF fully operated on three fronts—against Lebanon and Syria in the north, Jordan and Iraq in the east, and Egypt in the south—after the 1979 Egyptian–Israeli Peace Treaty,


There's proof that they havent lost a war. Like I said, if you can beat several nations at the same time, on three fronts....in six days, then you obviously dont need help



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by sueloujo
 


He wants peace? Cool. That's a good thing. Yet for all of the peaceful noise he's made, he's also made other not so peaceful noises...I can't help buy think that pursueing nuclear weapons is somewhat less than peaceful. You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong.

But hey, as long as their talking, they aren't shooting. The which is a good thing.

And I still want to see the evidence of pursueing nuclear weapons, I watched an interview with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad where he stated that Nuclear weapons where of no use any more, he said, did possesing nuclear weapons prevent vietnam? did they prevent the gulf war?

I still think the idea of Iran pursueing nuclear weapons is a smoke screen.

Israel does not want any competition when it comes to being the only ME super power, unfortunately for Israel, Iran has been able to fill that void even while Israel was being supported by the US and they are under sanctions



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
VID SAYS IT ALL



posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
WOW , so much wrong , I dont have the time to educate you, just accept your wrong

Not a chance, young grasshopper. I am correct. Deal with it.


Originally posted by BigC2012
I agree with Branty.

Then you are wrong as well.


Do you realise that Israel is consistently in breach of UN law, resolutions and regulations? Does it matter when its Israel?

Iraq didn't break the resolutions and regulations for self defense reasons. Iraq started a war. It lost. BIG DIFFERENCE.


your elected leader G.W. Bush came to power by increasing state killings

The death penalty in Texas can't even begin to be compared to official state stonings of homosexuals in Iran. For you to try to compare the two is laughable.


Originally posted by Jinni
He says it as it is. Applaud his honesty and ability not to be brain washed like the rest of us.

Applaud that he stones homosexuals and rants that the holocaust never happened? Okay .. you no longer have any shred of credibility. Congratulations. :shk:


Even the UN condemns Israel,

So?


Israel is the baddie in this mess, try denying it and you are plain ignorant to the facts no matter what propaganda site you visit.

The FACTS stand. Deal with it.
Islamic Terrorist Attacks


Originally posted by sueloujo
do your homework and get the true translation of what he said.

I have. He did.


And i agree with the others about all your nonsense.

Then you are wrong as well. The truth hurts. Deal with it.


Originally posted by Sliick
You are a fool to think that EVERY Islamic person is a terrorist.

I never said that every Islamic person is a terrorist.
I have NEVER said that. Go back and read the posts.


You completely discredit a man for his belief that the Holocaust

Absolutely. If someone is stupid enough to believe the Holocaust never happened .. then they deserve the title of moron.


(spelled right for your ignorance)

oh grow up.



Please, educate yourself. Only then can you attempt to educate us.

Please educate YOURSELF before you attempt to educate others.
The holocaust happened.
Anyone who denies it isn't worth their weight in crap.


Originally posted by munkey66
, I watched an interview with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad where he stated that Nuclear weapons where of no use any more,

And you believed him to be sincere?
A man who approves of stoning homsexuals and who denies the holocaust? You believe him?


When Iranian nukes start raining down, you'll all have earned that Darwin Award which you shall receive.



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join