It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous People You've Met !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
And in what circumstances did you meet them ?

I've only met one famous person, quite accidentally too. My Auntie & I had gone shopping in Glasgow & as we approached the main railway station we met Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth's husband, as he was getting into his limo. My Auntie promptly curtsied, she's old school, I just stood there all bewildered. The Prince laughed and said how heavy our shopping bags looked, got in his car & sped off.

Never even offered us a lift ! Miserable old sod haha.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Oh ! Oh ! I just remembered.

Once met Robert Smith from The Cure.

He was sitting on a park bench being lonely & depressed. We left him alone.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I once met Ludacris and his little boy. We chatted about his kid until he had to leave.

Very nice man

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
i have met Sir Arthur C. Clarke at his home and got his autograph on his business card i think i have it somewhere around the place.

my cousin and his grand daughter were good friends in school so my aunt and his daughter were close and i asked my aunt while i was in sri lanka on holiday if she could arrange a meet, and she did.

he was writing a book at the time and seemed very busy but still stopped his work to chat to me. i was in such awe that i could barely speak 2 words i think i mumbled something. i think the book he was writing at the time was 3001 not sure. it was along time ago. he seemed like a very humble person but strong of character.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Famous People You've Met !

Yep i got one.... My Sister

Well she plays for Scotland and Rangers woman's so yes she is fairly famous....famous enough for a post anyway

Havent seen her in about 10 years though sadly

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I met Bob Hope at a USO show in the eighties in Korea. We were at a base near the DMZ and could not leave as we did 3 month rotations for guard post, patrols and quick reaction duty.
Bob, Gloria Estephan and Brooke Shield scame up and did a show for about 500 of us. I was on a squad that was about to go out on patrol and the Colnel asked Bob if he wanted to "review the troops" before we went out. Bob shook our hands and talked to us.
He was a cool old guy.

He asked me if I'd ever been married and I said I had not.
He said "Don't."
I didn't take his advice.
I should have.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

Robert Smith! That is quite cool! Personally, I would have at the very least had to approached him and taken a moment to thank him for his art. As for myself, I have hung out several times with Willie Nelson on his tour bus after his shows. I would say more about what happened on the bus, but I would violate A.T.S. T&C's

Also I was once at the Snowmass Club in Colorado chillin' in the hot-tub after a day of skiing, when Robin Williams joined me & my friends & hung out for a while. He is funny as hell in person too!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I once met singer Selena when I was a child. She was singing at the lake/park celebration across the street from where we lived at the time in San Antonio. She was very nice. All I remember was she made jeans and a regular tank top look amazing and had the biggest smile and smelled really pretty!! She even sat down and had a Coke with my sister and myself.

Another famous person I met was Paris Hilton during the Super Bowl when it was here in Houston several years ago. At the time I was around 19 and thought she was sooo cool
. I remember going up to her and saying hello and she was downright rude, looked at me as if I was some type of extra terrestrial... So I politely commented that her feet were larger than I had originally thought. Later in the evening she was at a club I used to frequent and I remember the bartender not giving her the time of day and when I walked up he gave me my order without evening having to tell him. I was like "ha... you're in my territory now!!" and I gave her the same look she had given me. She sauntered up to her table and stayed there the entire time, didn't even come down to greet anybody like the radio show said.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
shall i give you a list?

ähhh...nope sorry

Nia

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't think anyone here would know any of the ones I have met.

Lilian Garcia, Paolo Maldini, Filippo Inzaghi, Silvio Berlusconi and Dennis Wallenberg

I have run into Lilian a couple of times and she is great. Very nice and yes she is gorgeous. Maldini, Inzaghi and Silvio I met at this thing A.C Milan held when they won the Champions League trophy in 2007 against Liverpool. I basically talked with the entire squad that was there but those were the most memorable.

Dennis Wallenberg may not be "famous" to some people but for anyone who knows what Counter Strike 1.6 is or who SK.swe / NiP are then well there you go. Met him at Dreamhack last summer. I didn't get the chance to get rolled by SK but I did do an interview and ran into him a couple of other times.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by nastalgik]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Lenny Wilkins and Daughter

The Nordstrom's

Brendan Fraser

I went to Catholic parochial school with all the above so they probably don't really count.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: These are the following "famous" or "infamous" [depending on your POV] people I have met during my lifetime...

Junie Morosi [secretary to the deputy prime minister during Gough Whitlam's reign as Prime Minister] : I lived in a communal organization for a whole decade [1990-2000] and she was an important leading mover and shaker during my time there.

Jim Cairns [deputy prime minister under Gough Whitlam] : As a personal friend of Junie Morosi, he visited the community twice and I personally got to shake his hand and make him a nice cuppa tea.

David Vigor [democrat Senator for South Australia 1984-1987] : As a personal friend of Junie Morosi, he visited the community often and I enjoyed many conversations with him.

Terry Camilleri [Australian actor who played Napoleon in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure] : He visited the community for a whole week and did some workshops which I attended.

Libbi Gore [Australian comedian and journalist] : As a Journalist, she once interviewed Junie Morosi and I was completely awestruck.

Robert de Castella [Australian marathon runner] : As a local he visited my primary school and talked about endurance of both mind and body and I was totally gutted, when less than 2km from where me and my brothers saved our parents and several neighbor's houses during the 2003 Canberra bushfires [I watched with despair as houses less than 100 meters away burned to the ground
], I later heard that he had lost his property and possessions.

Yiannis Kouros [Greek ultra-marathon runner
] : During a visit he made to Canberra I met him accidentally and I recognized him from stuff I had learned in primary school many many years before during the time of Robert de Castella's visit. I could barely run 100mtrs then or now and I was completely blown away by his spartathletic abilities.

Personal Disclosure: 6 degree's makes the world so much smaller than usual.

P.S. I'd just once like to accidentally meet Jackie Chan on one of his visits to Canberra!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Currently working in the movies here in NM as an extra/driver/bitplayer, I have personally met....

Dennis Hopper
Rene Zelweger
Kevin Bacon
Mary Shannon
Frank Miller
Mena Suvari
Amy Poehler
Marcia Gay Hardin
and a lot of other "stars" but I didn't know who they were.

also

Allen Ginsburg
John Lee Hooker
Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks

[edit on 11-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Jack Ryder and Kym Marsh at Hollywood bowl..

Ermm i dunno how many people remember old school gladiators but Lighting and Trojan from that.

Pam St Clement who plays Pat, James Alexandrou who played Martin and Shane Ritchie who played Alfie all from Eastenders..

Best of all though was Ronan Keating at the Wembley arena in London. He's a really nice guy

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Somebodyelse7]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A good few musicians and Dj's. Mainly through my work and/or visiting festivals / parties etc.

in no particular order

Juan Martin - Famous flamenco guitar player
Johnny cooper clark - punk poet
Mark radcliffe Radio 1 DJ
Kittie - American rock band
The older female singer from a beautiful south
Pappa Chubby - See above
Drowning pool (including the lead singer before ha passed away)
Fairport convention - 70's band
The strawbs - 70's band
Focus - 70's band
Cradle of filth (lol) - black metal piece
Anne Sudworth - artist
Johnny Vegas - Uk comedian
The Lancashire hotpots - Uk folk band
Poisoned electrik head - Uk punk band
Shed 7 - UK pop band
Mushroom head - US rock band
About 100 + famous psytrance Dj's from all over the world including Penta, yabyum, eat static,

I JUST missed out on meeting Quentin Tarantino in Liverpool

Probably loads more.....

jealous?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I once served Ben Rothlesberger at a restaurant I owned a couple years back. He's a douche.

I toured nationally with a band after that, so I met a ton of musicians, mostly punk rock/hardcore. They're all the same as I was, alcoholic sex-crazed loons. I still dressed like a guy though, which is more than I can say for most of them.

I regularly party with ?uestlove in his studio.. He's a rad dude, and hangs out with a lot of philly kids around here. Really down to earth guy. And now he plays for Jimmy Fallon!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I used to go to Sci Fi / Gaming conventions, so got a chance to meet a lot of Sci Fi celebs...and not just at a table signing autographs, but actual conversations. I've never been one to be starstruck... Honestly, I just don't get it...we're all humans...

I'd have to say two of my favorites were Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) and John DeLancey (Q from STNG), both of which were great conversations. Mr. Daniels is a perfect gentleman, and Mr. DeLancey is actually very quiet and reserved, almost the polar opposite of his infamous character.

Met pretty much the whole cast of Babylon 5 (it was popular then), and many other actors from sci fi shows of the past such as Julie Newmar, June Lockhart, Lou Ferrigno, etc. though much briefer encounters.

Other than conventions, I once ran into Tone Loc (80's Rapper) at the Tampa airport, Shaq at Citywalk in Orlando, and Yow Man (TV's Survivor) at Universal Studios Orlando...but more like just sightings than meeting.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I went to a Foo Fighters concert a few years ago that didn't start until 8:00 pm. Me and my cousin got there and started waiting at 8:00 am that morning.

I guess the band got there around noon and noticed there were 2 guys in line 8 hours before the show started, and Dave Grohl came out front to talk to us.

We chatted for like 30 minutes and he signed a bunch of stuff for us.

One of the coolest days of my life.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I got to meet all the members of the band Muse and drink for free in their VIP bar which was cool.
And when i was 4 i was in hospital and got to meet the guy who plays Michael J Fox's dad on Family Ties, you know who i mean the one with the beard.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I met Elvis Presley when he made the movie "It Happened at the World's Fair." I believe in 1963 OUCH!

I took care of Marilee Rush when she was in Steven's Hospital for surgery.
Remember her? She sang, "Just call me Angel of the Morning."

I met President Kennedy's sister Eunice Kennedy up in Seattle way back!

Of course, I've met Art & Ramona Bell.

David Copperfield at the Paramount Theater in Seattle.

My dad had lunch with Bill Crosby at the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle ie- (Top of the Town), before he became famous. Dad was the maintenance man there. Crosby was doing a stand-up commedian act at that time.

I met Hillary Clinton and John McCain's daughter Meghan. They came here during the campaigns.

If I think of anymore I'll let you know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join