It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Bringing Too Much Religion into the White House?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by AceOfAces

seperate church and state.

That's an Ace in the hand. Star!

Things are bad enough as it is, the last thing we need is another issue.

Alot of people are in this boat, and it's a LARGE vessel!
I believe in God, and prayer, and all that good stuff; but I DO NOT try to preach, or judge, or convert others.

Respects, FRIGHTENER.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
After re-visiting your profile, I noticed 'spirituality' and 'religion' under topics you like; ... I figure you did it out of the kindness of your heart, but was it also something spiritual in you?

I am interested in the subject of religion, but I AM spiritual. And as far as why I help people, I don't like to try to figure it out or label it. I do it because it's the right thing to do according to my "inner gauge" of such things.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Glad to hear. Thanks again.
Let's hope the pres has such an inner gauge!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Bill Maher had an incredible monologue at the end of his new documentary film, "Religulous". Please watch that film, and tell me that government and religion is a good thing.

Here's the ending for the lazy folk. It may seem somewhat out of context without the rest of the film... please rent it or torrent it if you have a can: www.youtube.com...

I'm very angry about the blurring of these lines over the recent history of the U.S. In God we trust was just adopted to our money in the 50s as a campaign against Russia. This is definitely NOT a founding fathers ideal.

Benjamin Franklin:

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches."

"In the affairs of the world, men are saved, not by faith, but by the lack of it."

"It is much to be lamented that a man of Franklin's general good character and great influence should have been an unbeliever in Christianity, and also have done as much as he did to make others unbelievers" (Priestley's Autobiography)

Thomas Jefferson:

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced an inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites. To support roguery and error all over the earth."

"In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot ... they have perverted the purest religion ever preached to man into mystery and jargon, unintelligible to all mankind, and therefore the safer engine for their purpose."

"The priests of the superstition, a bloodthirsty race, are as cruel and remorseless as the being whom they represented as the family God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel. That Jesus did not mean to impose himself on mankind as the son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in that lore."
- to Story, Aug. 4, 1820

John Adams:

"I almost shudder at the thought of alluding to the most fatal example of the abuses of grief which the history of mankind has preserved-- the Cross. Consider what calamities that engine of grief has produced!"
-letter to Thomas Jefferson

"Can a free government possibly exist with the Roman Catholic religion?"
-letter to Thomas Jefferson

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."

I could go on, but I think you get the point.
We are not a Christian nation. Those who don't agree, can go to hell

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

I think we'll know for sure when Easter
and Christmas rolls around.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The saying "Separation of church and state" has plenty of double standards...

While I am not a full blown out Christian, or one at all depending at how you look at it, religious community service organizations are never bad. But to make a whole agency out of it...eh, IDK.

There are bigger problems at hand. But even then, I feel something like this is unnecessary.

Government = moderators. In other words, they "moderate". Realistically, after the needed amount, they do nothing besides cause trouble and slow things down.

Everyone can not be a boss.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have no problem with the president in this regard.

It was Bush who began the faith-based initiative and the only thing I have against this concept is that I fear that like everybody else who takes government money, churches will start taking orders from the government.

Our constitution protects against the establishment of a state sponsored religion and protects the free-exercise of religion, which would include the president himself.

Congress begins each day with a prayer and has since I don't know when, so I think this is a lot of hoopla over nothing.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I personally don’t think any of the last 4 Presidents are God fearing men. They must portray themselves to be religious in this country to get elected. Since November 2008 to the present our Presidents have been in close contact with the G20 to create the NWO. Anyone affiliated with this could not be a Christian. I was shocked to hear Bush denounce God, when all who voted for him believed he was a Christian. His remark was “I don’t take the Bible literally” Ben Bernanke is most interesting as he has delt with the elite group of 20 for years. I wonder what his beliefs are? I was in awe at the photo of Michelle Obama in Vogue magazine doing the Satan sign with her fingers. It’s a great clue to their religion! So too much religion has a couple different meanings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join