It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Pius XII, "Wartime Pope's Secret Heroism"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Here's a story that hasn't received any major media attention as it suits other purposes better to continue the libel against Pope Pius XII and the Catholic Church. The source, through which I first became aware of it, is no less than "The Jewish Community Online"

Documents that show the wartime pope saved tens of thousands of European Jews from the Nazis have been discovered in the Vatican’s archives.
The 300 pages reveal that Pope Pius XII directly ordered convents, monasteries and Catholic churches to hide Jews from the Gestapo.
He also helped Jews to escape to safe countries, requesting the Brazilian government to receive 3,000 “non-Aryans” and persuading the Dominican Republic to grant visas for a further 11,000 people.
The documentation from the recently-opened archives has now been posted online by the Pave the Way Foundation, a largely Jewish group invited by Yad Vashem, the Holocaust remembrance authority, to investigate the role of the wartime pope.
Original Source

The Pave the Way Foundation's page on the controversy gives compelling reason to deny ignorance and the myth of "Hitler's Pope" including (in the second half of the page) numerous links to primary sources available for download.

The conspiracy of silence of which Papa Pacelli is accused is in fact a conspiracy of silence on behalf of a media who have been complicit in the slander and who are excused by others in broader society who's personal intentions are better served by this caricature of Pope Pius XII and the Church.

Whether Catholic, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or whatever, read the evidence, deny ignorance and see the conspiracy.

[edit on 5/3/09 by Supercertari]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Interesting. The claims to the contrary also were claimed to have come from internal documents from a man who claims his goal at the start was to clear such claims like this.

One thing is sure and that is the he didn't speak out against those things when they were happening. Which is what created the debate to begin with.

Things are so politically motivated that there is probably no telling. Failure to say anything isn't ideal, but it isn't exactly supporting it either. Pretty much the reason I'm against such power structures to being with.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

One thing is sure and that is the he didn't speak out against those things when they were happening. Which is what created the debate to begin with.

Actually, that's not even close to being 'sure'. As both Cardinal and Pope, Pius spoke out when others were silent.

As a matter of fact, he was lauded for that by none other than the NY Times during the war (and the Times is certainly no friend to the Catholic Church).

Eric

EDIT: I dug this up for you. You can feel free to google it for more details. This is one example of many.
-The New York Times greeted the encyclical with a front-page headline on October 28, 1939: “Pope Condemns Dictators, Treaty Violators, Racism.-

Copies of the article and the encyclical were dropped by allied planes over areas controlled by Germany.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by EricD]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Thanks for the correction. I looked up that article and found this:

books.google.com...,+1939:+%E2%80%9CPope+Condemns+Dictators,+Treaty+Violators,+Racism.&source =bl&ots=zzjs39-rJZ&sig=2lRFs0ljYqm0aX2xjYO0rY4vl3c&hl=en&ei=_6W0SeXkBZGksQOcsLxz&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA75,M1

Not sure if that's going to work, pretty long link. But I think the article is sufficient evidence. Good to know, now I won't include WW2 in with the pope anymore unless new information comes out.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Pope didn't carry Teddy Rosevelt's Big Stick to whip Hitlers ass
the way we did.

Most people spread the word to get out, hide and escape as the best
they could do.

Hitler was well funded and eventually bought his way out with Truman
and Operation Paperclip.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You give us one good pope, I will give you 10 bad ones

www.oddee.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Thanks. I appreciate the help. In exchange, if you need assistance identifying subjects that would be on topic, please let me know. I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Do you have anything to say that is not an attempt to use someone else's thread to bash the Papacy and the Church?

Eric

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
reply to post by PsykoOps

Thanks. I appreciate the help. In exchange, if you need assistance identifying subjects that would be on topic, please let me know. I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Do you have anything to say that is not an attempt to use someone else's thread to bash the Papacy and the Church?

Eric

The curse of the internet, links to absurd conspiracy theories.

There is good and bad all around but there is a lack of focus on knowing
the bad to correct to be helpful to mankind and on the good side to
take advantage and to better any situation.

Conspiracy theories just bash or say the government lies, however
anything worthwhile resulting from the findings is mute.

God definitely loves the Jewish and Cristian communities as the
teachings go hand in hand. The time God spent on teaching each
group was quite different however. Lets say the basis was there.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I thought my post was right on topic. Sure there can be one good one in there somewhere. I guess there's one good politician out there too, and maybe even a cop.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by EricD

I thought my post was right on topic. Sure there can be one good one in there somewhere. I guess there's one good politician out there too, and maybe even a cop.

Sometimes it takes more than a link to keep the ball rolling.

Settlements or opinions relative to a linked page or recent items from
memory is good.

The topic of bad Popes is taken up to some extent in any Christian
upbringing and given to High School students for some cluing in
to real world adventure. Like discussing what Broadway plays not
to see.

[edit on 3/19/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Will this be the same Pope that signed a concordat with the Nazis and used rat runs to hide Catholic SS men in South America.

www.spirituallysmart.com...

Also got monks to convert thousands of Orthodox Christians and feed the Nazis a nice meal?

Croatia and Jesuit Nazi double agents spring to mind.

www.spirituallysmart.com...

This guy Stepinac got beautified my god he killed thousands and they made him a saint.

Even today they have Neo Nazi rock bands playing in Catholic church's

this site will tell the Vaticans true involvement in WW2 not some distorted take on it!

[edit on 15-5-2009 by orangeman dave]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by orangeman dave

That you believe that spirituallysmart offers a non-distorted view of anything, let alone Catholicism is scary.

They are slightly more believable than Jack Chick.

Eric

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
reply to post by orangeman dave

That you believe that spirituallysmart offers a non-distorted view of anything, let alone Catholicism is scary.

They are slightly more believable than Jack Chick.

Eric

The Pictures say a thousand words!!

To back it up you have Bishops denying the holocaust then being readmitted into the flock FACT!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave

To back it up you have Bishops denying the holocaust then being readmitted into the flock FACT!

I'm not sure what a 'flock fact' is, but I will explain to you again about the rescinding of the excommunication.

Bishop Williamson (who is a nut) was excommunicated for his involvement in the Society of St. Pius and for his anti Vatican II status. He was excommunicated simultaneously with others in the same situation.

When there was a reconciliation between the Church and the adherents of the Society, there was a blanket lifting of the excommunication. Williamson was part of that.

His excommunication and subsequent reconciliation had NOTHING to do with his absurd beliefs about WWII and the holocaust.

He could not have been censured or sanctioned by the Church when he made those claims as he was excommunicated at the time. As soon as he was again part of the Church he was instructed to recant his holocaust denials. If he does not, he may yet be excommunicated.

If you are finding this difficult to understand, shoot me a u2u and let me know. I'll try to explain it a third time.

Eric

top topics

join