It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Teen's Parents Claim Hospital Killed Him, Harvested Organs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Dead Teen's Parents Claim Hospital Killed Him, Harvested Organs

www.foxnews.com

The parents of an 18-year-old Ohio man who suffered a brain injury while snowboarding claim in a lawsuit that doctors at a northwestern Pennsylvania hospital intentionally killed him so they could harvest his organs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed title]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
If this turns out to be true, I feel for the backlash the medical community will face. This is something i've heard of happening before, though i've never seen a lawsuit or anything tangible come out of it.

I seriously hope that our society has not sank to the point that we would kill a patient to harvest his organs for profit. The very idea that if my wife or child were killed by their doctor so that some middle-aged man or woman could have their $200k heart...

greed.... pure and simple.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It is like adoption.
The people who organize it, could easily be corrupted.
And accept money to find adopted baby's for wealthy people, without telling anyone.
If they are motivated by money, they could cause on purpose the baby to be taken away and get adopted.
Or could cause on purpose the person to die, to get the organs for monetary gain.
If you get a selfish psychopath in the position to make these decisions.
Then it could happen.But it is just the luck of the draw if you get a decent human being or a selfish evil psychopath.
When someone once said money is the root of all Evil.
I don't think they were kidding around.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

I remember a C2C episode sometime last summer about this. Also if I remember correctly the movie Awake, had a similar plot. I honestly wouldn't put it passed the doctors, not saying everyone is like this, but I'm sure there are some surgeons that know people with money who desperately want to be put at the head of a donation list. Who's to say the surgeons wouldn't want a little extra money and just find an opportunity to take the organs, sell it to these people, and split the money with everyone involved.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me a bit.
The greed, the coincidences all add up to collusion to commit a horrific crime.

Your post reminds me of a tourist couple here who lost their son under questionable circumstances and miraculously the blood type, age, etc were exactly what was needed by the family of a crime boss in Northern Italy - who of course became the recipient of the dead boys organs.
I’ll see if I can find the info and post here to support your thread.

If what you posted proves true it surely isn’t the first time nor will be the last.

God give peace and comfort to this boys family.

peace

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
It's sad that they are even thinking that this could have happened.

They must believe strongly enough since they filed a lawsuit.

Reminds me of the movie The Island [2005]. Well, worth the time and even better with buttered popcorn!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
That story is why I'm not an organ donor. I don't trust hospitals or most doctors.

When I die my children can make a decision about donating anything I have left that still works properly, but not until then.

Of course I hope to have fun and use this body up before I do leave it.

Call me selfish if you want. I call it self preservation.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

You bring up a good point, saying they must strongly believe this. I wonder if it was the way the doctors acted, that told them something wasn't right. I mean it is possible that this was an accident during the surgery (which should be investigated), or if this is just a family dealing with a terrible loss looking for someone to blame. Either way I hope the lawsuit at least helps the family find out what really happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Would not surprise me if some doctors would do this. The logic is not even that crazy. save a guy's life whose best case scenario is pretty bleak, or let him die and take his organs and use them to save a several people's lives. Heart, liver, lungs, kidney's, those alone save 5 people's lives, plus all the cash that gets raked in for the expensive surgery's.

I guess it just depends on how easy it is to get away with letting people die on purpose. The fear of getting caught would probably deter most doctors who would think about this from actually doing it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Yea Ive heard stories were Mexican "coyotes" (human traffickers) kidnap the people they supposed to smuggle across the border and actually kill them and remove their organs. One can only wonder they are being sold on the black market to corrupt doctors.

Here is a U.N. report on the human trafficking and organ harvesting connection.
(check out page 8)
www.unodc.org...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Assuming the article is correct, I'm wondering how they know that he was still alive when they started removing the organs. Families generally aren't permitted in surgery except during certain procedures, and I'm pretty sure that a postmortem surgery to remove organs wouldn't be one they would be permitted to be present for. So how do they know he was still alive? If he was, I hope everyone in that surgery room gets charged with something and loses their medical license. Maybe through some prison time in on top of it. Almost makes me want to have that little donor sticker removed from my license.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
maybe i should leave my organs to my family in my will, so that if someone is going to sell them, at least my family profits off of it, instead of some douchebag doctor.

If i ever found out that someone had intentionally let my wife or child die so that they could harvest their organs for profit, all i can say is the doc better thank god we're in a hospital, so he won't have to go far for medical care.

i'll even make sure not to harm his organs, so maybe one of his fellow doctors can finish him off for me and harvest his organs for a profit. that would suffice as justice to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692
maybe i should leave my organs to my family in my will, so that if someone is going to sell them, at least my family profits off of it, instead of some douchebag doctor.

If i ever found out that someone had intentionally let my wife or child die so that they could harvest their organs for profit, all i can say is the doc better thank god we're in a hospital, so he won't have to go far for medical care.

i'll even make sure not to harm his organs, so maybe one of his fellow doctors can finish him off for me and harvest his organs for a profit. that would suffice as justice to me.

I'm afraid if it was me in that position I would wait until he got home first, I'd look through the window and catch him counting the money then BAM, take him out, make sure HIS corrupt organs couldn't be used to pollute innocent people.

I'd be mightily peed off if some quack decided that his money was more important than my childs life, or decided that the person in question had little chance of recovery, the doctors are supposed to be there to help the victim not the pockets of the hospital.
It is the persons family who makes the descision after all their the ones who have to live with it, the doctors just patch people up and after a while they lose all compassion to the people and just see them as a drain on the hospitals resources.
To lose a child is the most horrific thing any parent can go through, but to watch one slowly suffer is totally unbearable, it's better to just let them slip away quickly but to have the choice made for you by someone unrelated to you is barbaric especially if its done for cash.

Reminds me of the line from the orignal MAD MAX film after Max's family are killed by the gang , the doctor says , "the kids gone, but we can salvage the mother". Thats what this world is becoming, we are no longer seen as people only a commodity for profit. Healthcare's out the window these days, its quick in , quick out, even if your not cured or well enough yet.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It would not surprise me, I once spent 12 hours in a waiting room before I was treated and went into shock for a fairly simple condition. I've suspected this practice for a very long time. American medicine is a system fed on kickbacks and under the table agreements, why do you think they have so many lobbyists working for drug companies and manufacturers? This kin of unethical conduct is the reason I chose not to go to medical school.
Organ harvesting is a BIG business and these kinds of cases are documented all over third world countries, not to mention murders to obtain organs. I don't see why it wouldn't happen here.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If true, what a depraved group of people.

This story may be worth following.

It happens routinely elsewhere in the world....why not here?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's a Faux "news" story (aka Murdoch's misdirection syndicate). Is the story true -- was a lawsuit filed?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
Would not surprise me if some doctors would do this. The logic is not even that crazy. save a guy's life whose best case scenario is pretty bleak, or let him die and take his organs and use them to save a several people's lives. Heart, liver, lungs, kidney's, those alone save 5 people's lives, plus all the cash that gets raked in for the expensive surgery's.

I guess it just depends on how easy it is to get away with letting people die on purpose. The fear of getting caught would probably deter most doctors who would think about this from actually doing it.

In this case it's probably not about sacrificing one to save the many. I believe it's more along the lines of sacrificing one to buy furniture for the super yacht.

new topics

top topics

join