It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government - Q&A Exercise.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I am a firm believer that federal government in America is corrupt and useless. I think it should be abolished completely due to it's negative effect on its people and self serving functions. The idea that two opposing parties exist, each guided by its own belief systems, driven toward the betterment of its citizens, is beyond laughable. That this compels regular people to identify with one side or the other to the point of heated debate is embarrassing to me.

In trying to better understand why people feel this group operates on their behalf at all, I've listed some simple questions. I'd like to hear what makes you believe in them and why? Specifically, what assures you that your interests are considered in their decisions?

Why does federal gov. need to exist?

What benefit is provided from two party system? (assuming such thing existed.)

What are the cost savings from abolishing federal gov.?

What specific good has it ever done?

Name one thing it has done to help people?

What has it done to protect you?

Name a serious national crisis or failure that didn't directly involve them?

In my view, things like health, wages, fairness and transparency are all areas of dishonesty? Federal government provides nothing resembling truth in areas of our concern? All the people of the US seem to get is mystery? Lots and lots of mystery!

So please tell me why you have anything but contempt for these people? What and why do they still get your support? Where can you find reason to trust?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

ok.. first.. why does the Fed. need to exist? At this point it doesn't 'need' to.. it DOES, however because we are a Federal Republic, our Constitution established that for us.. now.. do we need it? No.. We have the right and the duty to throw down this system, as it has become destructive to it's ends. Will America do that.. no, as a whole America is too glued to materialism to ever have a Revolution to change that, be it peaceful or violent.

What are the cost savings? HuGe at this point

What good has it ever done? I think it worked fine up until the early 1900s.

Name one thing it has done to help people..? It gave us a few good amendments, that's for sure.

Name one thing it has done to protect you..? It deployed troops into Afghanistan. Notice I didn't say Iraq.

A serious crisis or failure that didn't involve them..? I lost my wallet this morning before heading out to work.. I don't think that was the fed.

I'm with you though. I think the Fed is out of control.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The two party state of America is a falacy. Both parties draw from the same corporate pocketbooks and operate under the same frame of principles.

The real question is: Who is really to blame for humanity's dire situation? Is it the Federal Governments of the world, or the the money hungry wolves pulling the strings?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
1. Why does federal gov. need to exist?

I don't think it should. A lot of its decisions seem to go against majority opinion, you can take your pick from war, bailouts, taxes, not prosecuting corrupt rich/elite people, gun rights, healthcare, jobs, illegal immigration. There are more. They aren't serving our best interests. How can a government that's supposed to protect our freedoms and maintain our well-being, act against our collective will?

2. What benefit is provided from two party system? (assuming such thing existed.)

There is no benefit. Both parties are made up of career politicians that have been taught to cast votes on issues based on whatever corporation pays them more. They look after the interests of the rich and elite, in exchange they get money. The concept of a "two party system" gives the masses the illusion of a choice, when in fact their voice is meaningless, as every election they cast empty votes, and are not represented by their representatives.

3. What are the cost savings from abolishing federal gov.?

Inconceivable. If our policies were governed by the people, we likely would not have 30,000 troops still in Japan, sitting on their @$$es siphoning our tax dollars, as well as military outposts all over their world, trying to keep all the other nations under our control. We wouldn't be drawn into wars every decade, we wouldn't be bailing out banks and CEO's, and we wouldn't have uncle sam intruding upon our privacy and rights.

4. What specific good has it ever done?

None that I know of.

5. Name one thing it has done to help people?

6. What has it done to protect you?

Again, nothing.

And before someone starts, bombing the crap out of the Middle East wasn't protecting me, that was just us attacking the Middle East. If they wanted to protect us, they would have stopped the hijackers before they hijacked the airplanes. And no, they don't have to violate our privacy to do this. How about the planes have their cabins locked with bulletproof doors? For Pete's sake, they walked in with boxcutters. This is a simple, obvious fix...

Similar logic can be applied to the rest of our country. Build a wall between us and Mexico already. Maintain stronger border patrols. Boost the Coast Guard. Bring our troops back home, and maintain a defensive military. The rest of the world is less likely to attack us if we aren't threatening them all in the first place.

We are probably the world's strongest nuclear power, who is going to seriously invade us? No one. These little terrorist attacks can be prevented by stronger border security, and some basic security (locked doors, bulletproof glass) built into public buildings and vehicles.

7. Name a serious national crisis or failure that didn't directly involve them?

A serious national crisis that didn't involve them...
Katrina?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

1. The government needs compliance and money to run.

2. There is not a benefit to the people with a two party system, it only benefits the two parties. They oppress third parties or assimilate their ideas for their own benefits. It is a self serving system. Be in power, make rules to gain more power, gain followers, gain more power, etc. Both parties do this. They are for themselves, not the people.

3.Obviously the cost savings of disbanding the government would be huge. All those tax dollars not collected? Boggles the mind to think about it.

4. What good has it done?Good constitutional amendments, strong military, national infrastructure, international trade.

5. What has it done to help the citizens?Promote civil liberties?

6. What has it done to protect me? Take away my liberties and my right to choose what I can do with myself =D

Government at its best is a necessary evil, at its worst, it is an intolerable one. -Ben Franklin

This government has gotten out of control. It used to serve the public, but now only serves itself.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
-it doesnt
-the illusion that we are given a choice when we aren't
-no taxes, free trade
-none
-give us false hope (obama is a great example of false hope for the sheeple)
-nothing, in fact it does the opposite.
-cant think of one. im sure more events are staged than we know, i think even down to street killings in some cases could be staged to instill fear into the people, so that we look to the govt for protection.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by aeroslag]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
To provide some sort of consistency between states, I am a firm believer that most of the powers of the federal government should be handed down to the states, the Fed only needs to be a check and balance and to make sure that certain laws are consistent. Such as seeing that Mississippi does not decide they want to reintroduce Slavery. To protect the citizens we do need some form of military which is consistently trained!

There is none its the team sports mentality that is the trouble with the two party system, I'm A steelers fan so the cardinals suck all around. When my team commits a foul and gets away with it, The referee Made the right call, however when the shoe is on the other foot the referee is a blind moron! The two party system automatically pits us against one another. Democrats and republicans will often argue just on the principal alone.

Take Abortion for example democrats are mostly pro choice while republicans are pro- life and will argue to the ends of the earth on who is right and wrong, and neither will come to the conclusion that the choice should not be up to them at all! The two party system is not about Americans finding the best way to govern our selves its about Democrats VS republicans and every 4 years we decide the champion

Take away the Parties and all that left is the Issues, but then a Politician might actually have to do what they say they will!

In the long run it depends on what it is replaced with our government worked well enough for many years however it has grown out of control. As I said above the federal government needs to relinquish most of the control to the states we are aver all union of states! However if it was replaced with no federal government it could lead to chaos and confusion imagine North America as 50 independent countries. We do actually need some form of federal government to help keep us united!

It ended Hitlers Reign of destruction
It managed to end the cold war with out a shot fired.
And no one will ever convince me that the world is not better off with out Saddam in power, We did the right thing for the wrong reasons, and I am sure to the women if Afghanistan that can now get a education that means more to them then revenge on bin laden will ever mean to any American!

Federal financial Aid Guaranteed approved student loans

Very little other then run the military who does this job! It is our military that protects us though I feel the War Pigs as Politicians are called should be on the front line! Perhaps then we would interfere in others affairs less!

LOL your posting this on a conspiracy forum, there are people on here that think that the government created Katrina, where behind September 11th, engineered this financial disaster, and I would not be surprised if some one on this forum thinks government is responsible for Brohes lost wallet! Its a loaded question By they way I am not saying this with the intent of belittling any of you I am just making a point!

In the end our government is failing to meet the requirements to the people of Safety and the pursuit of happiness if you ask most American what those mean its a roof over their head and enough money to be able to not only pay their bills but to save. Our government has allowed the housing market to plummet and allowed wall street to swindle our savings, with no repercussions for those responsible for these crimes! Out founding fathers Laid down in writing what needs to be done, as if they foresaw this they wrote the decoration of independence in a way that says We have a duty to throw of such a form of government that not provide for our unalienable rights!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eprime
The two party state of America is a falacy. Both parties draw from the same corporate pocketbooks and operate under the same frame of principles.

The real question is: Who is really to blame for humanity's dire situation? Is it the Federal Governments of the world, or the the money hungry wolves pulling the strings?

Well, you can't blame wolves for being themselves? However, those that take positions in government are sworn to an oath. This only works if the person taking it holds a respect for such a position. You must have a certain level of integrity and decency. More than that, you must be held accountable for betraying such an important position.

Sadly, the world has neither an honest politician, nor a competent number of citizens capable of understanding this? Wolves will always be wolves, while politicians, if allowed, will always be snakes. I'd like to see the people show the same lack of respect of the laws! If lawmakers ignore law, so should the public? Citizens cannot be expected to take law seriously when those making it do not? As long as they violate law, as well as, The Constitution, no sane person should respect it either.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The problem is that people are scum, and some believe they have a right to run peoples lifes. How can you ever stop psychopaths from not understanding there crimes and stopping, you cannot stop them, becuase they are sick.

Unfortunately most people that work in these jobs do so with such horrid minds that they do not give a fok.

I would prefer a society with no government as well, and just live like we did thousands of years ago, with no beasts telling us how to live our lifes, but we cannot go back to that and if you even think that they cal you all these names like anti social etc....

Good post, shame there are no real world answers to your thread, becuase people are just scum.

top topics

join