It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo gets the UFO bug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Sightings of UFOs flying in a variety of triangular formations have been reported across the globe.
uk.yahoo.com...

But this is the strange thing... there is a short video of UFO's in formation and of others moving around into other formations, this video is on todays 'featured' secton of yahoo.co.uk main page.

Clicking on the video link itself takes me to yahoo video but not to the actual video you see on the main page. Either I'm just not awake properly or there is a mistake somewhere, but as far as I can tell, you can only watch the video on the main page.

Yahoo also link to these two pages regarding this UFO video;
uk.search.yahoo.com...
uk.answers.yahoo.com...

So what they trying to do? Bring awareness to the masses about UFO's or are they trying to belittle the subject with the lack of effort on their part in not giving links to good enough information.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I've also noticed that Yahoo are putting up more and more stories on UFOs. My guess is they look at popular search terms entered into their search engine then create a story.

Not wanting to hijack your thread but there was another thread started discussing the UFO formation that appears at the start of Yahoo's video:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jdm2104

Thanks for the link to the vid.

You haven't hijacked anything

What you've done is what I wanted to do with the yahoo vid, but am unable to due to what yahoo have done with their 'story'. Seems odd how they have set that up with no frther links to the vids, only able to play it on their main page.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Yahoo have posted a lot of UFO - related front page articles lately.

I don't think there is anything sinister about it, I think they are just providing what their audience wants.

I'm sure 'UFO' would be one of their most searched terms. Is there a way to find out where it is ranked?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Maybe they are competing with ATS an other related sites...
Maybe they realise that people are going for other sources of information than the usual 'superstar falls over in drunken sprawl' type stories...

I hope so... it's definitely brought them the attention of ATS

Even still, if they want the attention on this sbject matter, why the lame effort?

Yes, they my have been doing a lot in relation to it, but I can't find any rankings about it anywhere.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I think you're looking into things too deeply. Best bet is that they simply posted it for variety and interest. I can't see any type of agenda behind it Extralien.

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yahoo have been posting more and more stories regarding UFOs as of late. The problem is, that they try to summarize the subject through explanations like secret military craft, and more recently 'sprites'.

Now fair enough, that they state in such articles, that some UFOs can be explained using these arguments. However the word; some is the thing you'll least notice on the page if you're not so much a meticulous reader.

new topics

top topics

join