It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court issues Bashir arrest warrant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Court issues Bashir arrest warrant

english.aljazeera.net

The International Criminal Court (ICC) has ordered the arrest of Omar al-Bashir, the Sudanese president, on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity in the country's western Darfur region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Hundreds of Sudanese took to the streets of the capital, Khartoum, to protest against the warrant. The country's ruling party, the National Congress party, said a "million man march" was planned for Thursday.

Is this really gona help the situation or make it worse? Just when the rebels accepted peace deals.

Sudan’s government and a leading Darfur rebel faction agreed yesterday to meet for peace talks, signing a deal with concessions from both sides, and the Qatari mediator urged all other rebels and Chad to come to the table.

www.arabnews.com...

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
the ICC should also issue a arrest warrant for Bush and Olmert too , only then will i take it seriously

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Brilliant news. The guy is an animal. Responsible for millions dead or displaced.

I agree with Desmond Tutu; Africa should be ashamed that many in the AU ran to his defence so quickly.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
the ICC should also issue a arrest warrant for Bush and Olmert too , only then will i take it seriously

I agree completely.

We have been watching Bush, et al running around the world killing and maiming uncounted numbers of civilians. And as long as uncle sam's bagmen went around spreading dollars, everyone seemed to think it's ok. Hell's bells, we even got a ragtag coalition of the bribed-and-threatened to actually join in the killing!

Then there's the travesty of apartheid Israel literally stealing the property of Arabs and murdering them wholesale. Unbelievable.

Our world apparently has the best justice money (or threats) can buy.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ubergrasshopper

I agree completely.

I disagree, but empathise.

An overt 21 year genocide is far worse than waging an illegal war in my eyes.

Olmert and Bush are transient parts of an ongoing problem. Bashir was the driving force (for many years) behind hundreds and hundreds of atrocities.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

but far more died in the illegal american 'wars' (more proper term-genocide)

I cannot take ICC seriously,
if it issues arrest warrant for Bush , then i will take it seriously

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Smokersroom

but far more died in the illegal american 'wars' (more proper term-genocide)

I cannot take ICC seriously,
if it issues arrest warrant for Bush , then i will take it seriously

Hmmm, I don't know. Over two million people died in the sudanese civil war.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom

Originally posted by ubergrasshopper

I agree completely.

I disagree, but empathise.

An overt 21 year genocide is far worse than waging an illegal war in my eyes.

Olmert and Bush are transient parts of an ongoing problem. Bashir was the driving force (for many years) behind hundreds and hundreds of atrocities.

The civil war in Sudan existed before Bashir came to power, don't forget that point because without it everything gets blurry.

new topics

top topics

join