It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel seriously considering military action against Iran'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
blaming the current generation for using nukes when we werent even alive- if that makes you feel better ok

The past should always influence how you proceed .Of course you are not personally responsible *( for actions taken generations ago ).

Like i said , it should temper ones "perceived' sense of righteousness when discussing , what other irresponsible nations might do with a nuclear device.*

edit to add =*onward*

[edit on 6-3-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

I use the word self righteous , because i was quoting jdud297 ...

originally posted by jdub297

Nukes can be, have been and will be used again. The more self-righteous and nationalistic a nuclear capable orgaization is, the more likely it will use the most extreme measures at its disposal

I share you abhorrence of nuclear weapons , and i despise fanaticism in whatever shape colour or creed it comes appears.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

www.apfn.org...

Read that and the other links on that site including the video.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Well then , good citizen of Indiana and Texas (on/off) have you forgotten that it was your "self-righteous" country that has the unenviable record of being the only country to of ever used a nuclear weapon ...... TWICE and on a CIVILIAN population.

Temper your righteousness with that thought.

Where, in any post, have I ever stated that the U.S. is "righteous" about anything?

If you were to read the thread, you would see that I was responding to another post (by someone without a memory, or sense) that denied WMDs would ever be used.

Plain and simple.

Find a ladder and get off that high horse.

Read.
Think.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
reply to post by neo67

www.apfn.org...

Read that and the other links on that site including the video.

my statement stands they attacked us we finsihed it.

believe what you will but you cannot deny japan attacked the us

excerpt from:
netowne.com...

+ Franklin Roosevelt -- A clever, flamboyant American leader idolized by Democrats as the greatest president. But recent revelations from Soviet KGB archives show FDR's administration was riddled with communist agents and sympathizers who ended up virtually directing US foreign policy during the war. Roosevelt (and Churchill) prolonged the war and aided the Soviet advance into Eastern Europe by refusing to negotiate a surrender with Germany. In effect, Roosevelt defeated a lesser tyrant -- Hitler -- by allying himself to a far greater criminal -- Stalin, who had killed tens of millions of people before 1939. At Yalta, Roosevelt and Churchill gave half of Europe to Stalin in payment for defeating Hitler.

i will not defend any democrat not fdr not kennedy- none.
all i am saying is japan attacked the us-you cannot argue that fact

i can post links too.

conspiracy theorys exist to reaffirm beleivers that our government is inheritly evil, but we the people who elect our leaders seen as evil? no.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by neo67]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I was responding to your statement that ...

Nukes can be, have been and will be used again. The more self-righteous and nationalistic a nuclear capable orgaization is, the more likely it will use the most extreme measures at its disposal

Since the U.S.A a "nuclear capable orgaization" has used " the most extreme measures at its disposal" would you say it is "more self-righteous and nationalistic" than those that have not .

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

At the end of WWII, in 1945, the U.S.A. was arguably one of the most self-righteous of countries, toward a limited purpose; we were one of "Allied Forces," and we had been attacked on our own soil.

If you read, you will find we really just wanted to be left alone.

Nationalism has flourished as long as there have been nations.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maestitia
I believe that Ahmedinijad (sp?) never said anything about eliminating Israel. It was a mistranslation and he actually said that the regime of Israel needs to be taken out.

It never hurts to do a little bit of homework before chiming in (if you want to be taken seriously that is)

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis is to destroy Israel.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted on Monday that Muslims would uproot "satanic powers" and repeated his controversial belief that Israel will soon disappear, the Mehr news agency reported. "I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene,"

www.breitbart.com...

And at a long, packed news conference, Ahmadinejad, for the second time in as many days, reiterated his conviction that Israel, because of its treatment of the Palestinians, will disappear from the world map – a “fabricated entity … doomed to go.”

articles.latimes.com...

The Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Jewish state would not survive in any form.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I thought that the isolationism was after WW1 , and that the U.S expanded internationalism after WW2 .

We are throwing quite a tangent here aren`t we ?

Back to the topic ,
I really see the double standards on how countries are treated as being a major source of conflict. With little faith in being treated fairly these "rouge" states might see the circumvention of International law as there only course of action.

How often do we hear people lament the lame duck U.N , and yet it can achieve a consensus with nearly every nation in the world ..... until up pops the U.S again to veto a bill on behalf of Israel.

I personally don`t like Amadinahjed , and i despise the fanaticism of Komeni and his ilk but you can see where Iranians get their mistrust of the West , particularly the U.S.A and Britain.
They know their history too.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

I didn`t see him quoted as saying Israel.

Zionist regime not Israel.

I believe he will not use the term "Israel" as it would amount to recognition .

================

When Churchill called for the destruction of the Nazi regime , he was not calling for the elimination of the German people.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

I never mentioned Japan did not attack Pearl Harbor because its clear as day they did and had planned to. My point is there is much more involved in that situation than just saying "they attacked us first and we finsihed it".

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snisha

I believe that Ahmedinijad (sp?) never said anything about eliminating Israel. It was a mistranslation and he actually said that the regime of Israel needs to be taken out.

It never hurts to do a little bit of homework before chiming in (if you want to be taken seriously that is)

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday the solution to the Middle East crisis is to destroy Israel.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad predicted on Monday that Muslims would uproot "satanic powers" and repeated his controversial belief that Israel will soon disappear, the Mehr news agency reported. "I must announce that the Zionist regime (Israel), with a 60-year record of genocide, plunder, invasion and betrayal is about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene,"

www.breitbart.com...

And at a long, packed news conference, Ahmadinejad, for the second time in as many days, reiterated his conviction that Israel, because of its treatment of the Palestinians, will disappear from the world map – a “fabricated entity … doomed to go.”

articles.latimes.com...

The Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the Jewish state would not survive in any form.

www.independent.co.uk...

Re-examine your sources (if you want to be taken seriously that is).

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
RTL television had a headline in the news this evening that israel IS gonna attack iran and had already permission to fly over turkey to attack iran...
ofcourse with the same crab that iran has a nuke...ect.....

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What kind of government is Netanyahu forming? is Liebermann in it? If Netanyahu does form the government i am thinking of, you can bet your asses that they will attack Iran, just as they attacked Iraq [Osirak] and Syria..I can only whish them the best of luck..since they have all the right to defend themselves against this theological totalitarian state with their fascist Islamic leaders..

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Go Israel.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

Originally posted by Snisha

www.breitbart.com...

articles.latimes.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

Re-examine your sources (if you want to be taken seriously that is).

What's it to you defending Ahmedinejah so vigorously? while he clearly stated many times to wipe Israel of the map..
talking about being ignorant...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

I speak Persian, well I undersand most so I know what he said. Talk about ignorance.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Context and situation determine meaning in many languages. As does the bias of the interpreter.

Ahmadinejad's intent is clear. As President, he is most likely aware of the translations that have been published, and the outcry against them.

If he was misquoted, or misunderstood, he should say so. Iran's diplomats and spokesmen have remained silent.

Enough (not) said.

(please favor us with your translations of the addresses and statements (there are at least 5) that have been commented on by the media as set forth above)

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join