It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh! A bloviating bouncing bag of blubber!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Many 'dittoheads' defend Mr. Limbaugh as 'Just an entertainer'.

Jackie Gleason was also rotund, and quite right-leaning, AND an entertainer....but he didn't resort to outright lies and innuendo....he entertained the old-fashioned way, through real comedic principles.

I happen to view Mr. Limbaugh, by comparison, as an over-paid treasonous shill for the people who THINK that he has something to say, when, in fact, he is a load of hyprocrisy.

Witness recent events....when certain, ermmmm..."people of the Republic party" cow-towed to Mr. Limbaugh, so willingly, after having been perceived to have made the slightest of slights against him....and heard back from the 'dittoheads', and thusly feared for their OWN political futures.

Spineless, I tells ya!!! Spineless!!!

BTW...the alliteration? From the CPAC video of his Rushness! All hail, Boss Rush!!! Now, where the darn ar' them Hazzard boys?????

Nice personal attack with absolutely ZERO value.

But go ahead and keep on hatin'. You will only cause people who haven't tuned into his show to tune in. And if they can put aside all of the "lies and innuendo" put forth by democrats, liberals, the lamestream media, and make up their own mind, they will find that he's simply speaking in favor the principles that made America great and is the only way America will be made great again.

Keep up the great work, comrade!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is a testament to the low depths in which America has fallen.
You hate on Limbaugh? You hate on a very large portion of the American people -- and you have every right to do so. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians... no difference, they're all the same -- because ultimately, all of them are more than willing to fall to the standards that Rush Limbaugh has set, just to get their piece of the pie.

The people are at fault for allowing themselves to be conditioned to stand the crap, regardless of party and regardless of who started it.

Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich

America has become a big joke -- Rush Limbaugh Personified. If only the effect of it's actions didn't spill over to the rest of the world -- we'd all be having a laugh.

[edit on 6/3/09 by Navieko]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is an incredibly crude dishonest person. It is unfortunate people are listening to him at all. He has no guidance and is one terrible teacher.

No need to spend a energy into this one. I would just ignore him. He has nothing profound to say.

Be in peace. Live in Love.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
Obama has been in the presidency for a month and never seems to make the right choice with his spending habits

And so, Little Timmy, this is what we call:
"Hijacking a thread", "De-railing a topic", "Twisting an argument". It is generally a shallow attempt to perpetuate an argument by diverting it.

Now back on track. Mr. Windbag is polarizing.

He is worthy of the scorn he is receiving in this thread since it is of his own making. In life, actions and words sometimes have repercussions and consequences. This is one of those times.

You don't stir up a hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung.

Like it or not. Mr. Obama is our president. Wishing him to fail is one thing. Causing him to fail is an act of treason.

Regards...KK

[edit on 6-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What has he lied about? Have you ever looked into what he says to see whether or not it was lies or truth? No, you just assume they are lies because you disagree with him. If you actually looked up the information that he gives, you would see that numbers do not lie. Of course he adds his opinion to things, who doesn't, but that doesn't make him a liar. You are one of the libral morons that don't want the truth to be known so you say all conservative talk show hosts are liars.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

You mean "liberal morons", not "libral morons", I think. You sound just like Rush--and I don't mean that as a compliment. Rush Limbaugh has a First Amendment right to express his views, and maybe even some of what he says is correct, so I don't propose to censor him. It's really not what he says that I find so offensive; it's how he says it. I think I have NEVER heard him make an argument without being rude and insulting to those he disagrees with. He doesn't try to persuade or teach; but to contaminate everyone around him with his bitterness and cynicism.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, I just don't like people labeling others unfairly with all sorts of adjective. We are not supposed to debase ourselves in this manner and certainly not through this thread by attacking someone's opinions and character. Has everyone forgotten what the 'drive-by' did to Sarah Palin? While shills are high-fiving each other and giving each other stars for going along with the OP (no offense), I find it hard to believe that one obnoxious voice would be silenced by the 'other side'.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine, thanks for the comments.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

Seems the word "blubber" from the title has become a lightning rod to foment dissent.

The word 'blubber' can also refer to incoherent babbling....normally associated with sobbing and crying....(cry "wolf", anyone? Bueller?....)

Crickets....all I get are crickets from the audience......

I should have gone on, with my longer title....ending in 'blubbering buffoonery'....but I was afraid it wouldn't have the same (edit) effect, being too long.

Four alliterations are just about right....five, perhaps too many....

[edit on 3/6/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I can agree with just about everything said in that above post.

Setting aside my personal feelings here, there is a lot of truth in what Rush said recently.

Some of it has been dead on right in my opinion. That is what should scare you. Rush does not like to be proven wrong and he doesn't want to be wrong about the economy and especially the wrong plans pushed through to fix it that will fail ultimately.

If anything Rush, like many Americans may be underestimating how bad things will actually get regardless of what is done to fix it now or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Well, Wwf,

History shows that in a looming recession, then President Herbert Hoover did nothing....in fact, he nixed Government spending....and we saw how well THAT worked out!!!

Again....please remind me WHO got us into the current dilemma???

The USA had a huge budget surplus in the year 2000. So, eight years on, just who was asleep at the switch?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
My dad introduced me to Rush many years ago and I use to find him very witty and entertaining - especially during the early Clinton years.

After awhile I grew tired of hearing the same old rhetoric over and over again, so it lost its entertainment value for me. Now when I watch Rush he reminds me of bitter old bigots from the past.

Rush has become much more outspoken as he has brought some new far right listeners into his camp, yet I think overall he's losing credibility with old school dittoheads as I once was.

I predict Rush has gone as high as he can go and he will soon become irrelevant to the mainstream.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

reply to post by TruthWithin

No, this thread is all about laying bare (ewwwww!) Rush Limbaugh....more specifically, HIS hyprocrosies.

Hippocrite?
Limbaugh?

I never imagined it!

Notice the signature I've been using here on ATS since the last time someone tried to defend Elcrustbowl.

A nice link to further elaborate on the character of this guy.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Lanimilbus]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Walkswithfish

Again....please remind me WHO got us into the current dilemma???

Do you need to blame one person for this mess?

If you want to blame Bush for it that is fine with me, but it would be both wrong and ignorant to place blame on solely Bush for this 'current dilemma'

Looking back now and placing blame on anyone is counterproductive.

Now, regardless of how we got here, we are there!

That said, the economic crisis which is likely going to leed to collapse, has already cost millions of Americans to lose jobs and so damaged the private sector that it may take several decades of recovery if recovery is even possible at this point.

The problem with the new Administration is that their recovery plan spends trillions on government and does little or nothing to help the people.

It should not take an economist to explain how that is a recipe for failure. MILLIONS of people are out of work, thousands of businesses shut down... Without them there is much LESS revenues from taxpayers and it is getting worse by the minute. State and federal governments are already having to pass emergency legislation just to keep operating.

There is no stimulus in the stimulus plan.

This president and congress plan to spend more money than all of the previous presidents combined. The majority spent on government!

The focus of any recovery plan should have been on stimulating the private sector, without recovery in the private sector things WILL go from bad to worse.

This new president may not carry any blame for this crisis, but he will be blamed for pushing and signing the wrong plan, a plan that is likely only going to make things worse.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Looking back now and placing blame on anyone is counterproductive.
Now, regardless of how we got here, we are there!

Sorry. Ain't gonna buy that lame excuse or logic. It is the same used to "justify" the Iraq war.

Does this make sense?:
Defendant: "Your honor, I realize I am on trial for murder and I am guilty of the crime. But the victim is already dead."

Judge: "Guilty!"

WWF, how comfortable is it to wear "Sheep's clothing?" Nice try my friend.

Regards...KK

[edit on 7-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Let the history books blame who they will. We don't have time to play stupid blame games here.

Personally I feel the 8 years of Bush was not only a failure, but caused more damage to this country in those 8 years than all of the years following the great depression combined leading up to the Bush administration.

Why should we now stand up and support an even more reckless and dangerous administration?

Why blindly support the Obama administration when they are setting this country up for a continuation of failure and decline?

There are sheep, and they are being slowly led to slaughter.

Deny ignorance, please?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Rush is not the problem but the Obama administrations use of him as one, is a great diversionary tactic.

Just because he is a conservative,
What?

People want to silence him?

Seriously?

You guys will talk about a rocking ghost horse for 19 pages and ignore real issues.
Must be having Bush withdrawals.

[edit on 093131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Rush is a one-trick pony who has been on stage far too long. As time goes by, he is forced to up the ante so as to sound different to his long time sycophants. He has no new ideas and only rants along with his listeners who gladly join in for the master's approval. He will only argue with those who are unprepared and, when challenged by someone with a more reasoned argument, will shut them off.
He is, or was, a drug addict and now has some understanding of that condition. He has been less condemning of those who are drug users but still lacks a basic understanding of the human condition.
He is an entertainer. Given the illogic and extremism of some of his arguments, he can't really be serious. I liken him to Howard Stern in that extremism brings ratings which brings money and that is what they are both about.
Rush's divisiveness is damaging and one would hope that while many may listen, those that espouse his views are in the minority. His punditry is less pungent and more predictable than ever before.

Truly, Rush is now a parody of his early bombastic self.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Was he wrong?

Feminists are the angriest people on Earth. They consider the very act of procreation to be violence against women.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Feminists are the angriest people on Earth. They consider the very act of procreation to be violence against women.

I haven't found that to be the case. All my lovers in the past 20 years were what I would consider feminist and I didn't receive any complaints what so ever.

It's not hard to figure out why Rush and others are so critical of women that display a little strength and confidence.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Personal experience trumps a he said/she said any day

You are on the ball as always my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join