It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh! A bloviating bouncing bag of blubber!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Rush is a person that people either love or hate with nothing much in the middle. I'm not sure of the point of this thread however. Is it just a personal attack on him or are you saying you want him censored?????????? You know, forget Freedom of Speech when you don't agree with the speech? Just saying.

This thread would have some merit if you in fact quoted him and showed how he was factually in error. To call him names may make you feel better, but to actually show where he has lied or made misstatements on purpose while keeping them in context would have some value. Otherwise this is just a rant and personal attack with no meaning or relevancy is it not?

As it is this is a quintessential trolling thread or a rant. Give us some meat to discuss. Quotes with proof that what he said is a lie or factually wrong.

Attacking his size accomplishes what exactly; referring to your title. He is fat therefore he is a bad person? Seems like a bigoted statement that serves no purpose to me. If someone made fun of Obama because he has large ears, how would that be different or any more irrelevant?

What did he say that was or is wrong?
Why is it wrong and show proof it is wrong?
How much time have you spent listening to him or reading transcripts to find where and how he is wrong?
Is your opinion based on actual listening to him or just a rant based on what others are saying about him?
Does he actually represent most Republicans or just a fringe group?
If it is just a fringe group, how does allowing him to exercise his Freedom of Speech rights matter to anyone but his followers?
He has the largest audience in radio by far so why is their nobody on the other side that can get an audience?
Why do Left leaning radio shows always fail?

That's the kind of meat I mean.

Before you assume, I'm not a Rush fan and don't listen to him. He goes to far but I'm more scared of the group from the Left who want's to silence him than I could ever be of him. If we shut him up we may as well forget our freedoms where speech and the press are concerned. Pelosi wanting to shut him up legally is scary way beyond anything Rush has ever done or said. How do you feel about Pelosi wanting to control speech on the radio? She may come after ATS next?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Many 'dittoheads' defend Mr. Limbaugh as 'Just an entertainer'.

Jackie Gleason was also rotund, and quite right-leaning, AND an entertainer....but he didn't resort to outright lies and innuendo....he entertained the old-fashioned way, through real comedic principles.

I find it horribly offensive that someone here is described as a "bag of blubber".

If you find his behavior in bad taste, that's fine and your opinion. However, how would you choose to describe someone else who offends you that is skinny? Would you call them a bloviating bouncing bag of bones?

I think not.

This is the type of thing I teach my child about. Don't describe someone like that. Such as, you don't say "That black man." You don't say, "That girl with the marks all over her face" you get the point.

It is in extremely poor taste that you choose to say this about him as if that is his most defining trait. If you, being so smart and articulate, cannot come up with other things to say about him then what the hell is your argument really?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Once again someone is to busy beating up the big ole bad republicans not to even mention what the other party is doing. Right now we are incurring the largest debt this country or the world has ever seen. Have you as a personal civilian ever been able to buy your way out of credit debt with credit debt. NO NO NO. But Weedwhacker wants to focus on a radio talk show host. We need to listen to the message Rush is trying to get out to all of us, even if we dont like him. The Dow is down again today almost 300 points, our economy is going to # in a handbasket and you have partisans like Weedhead trying to make Rush the bad guy. I am sick to my stomach. Rush needs no one to come to his defense, that is not what I am doing, I just want people to wake up and see the destruction our so called Messiah is creating. I will contact you again in 3 months Weedwhacker and discuss where were at again, hopefully I will be wrong but sadly it doesnt seem to be going that direction. Obama has successfully thrown the attention off the 9000 earmarks of pork spending onto a man that doesn't matter, he is masterful. While Obama spends 400billion more dollars all the news wants to report is what a radio show talkshow is talking about. Stand aside Cris Angel... You have competition. Btw dont pull make fun of my spelling to avoid the issue like most weak minded people do on here when they have no rebuttal, spelling was never my forte.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
Those who spew hate deserve to get it back. The thread is not aimed at conservatives in general, but rather at Limbaugh and people like him (Ann Coulter, Sean Hannitry, Gordon Liddy) who make their living encouraging people to hate and be contemptuous of ALL liberals. Many of you have no idea of how far they've dragged this country down because you're not old enough. 30/40 years ago, we didn't have this kind of ABSOLUTE INTOLERANT HATRED.

How old are you? Forty years ago, in the 1960s, they were using firehoses on black people in the street. Forty years ago, protesters were spitting on wounded Vietnam soldiers and calling them baby killers. Forty years ago, there was nothing but intolerance and hatred in America.

Today, people like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter are making money by giving their audiences what they want to hear, just as people like James Carville and Paul Begala make money pushing their carts. As I've said before, the audience determines what is a successful sales pitch in America. If radio listeners didn't approve of Rush Limbaugh's message, they would change the channel, his listenership would fall off, and his advertisers would go elsewhere. Simple.

But there is a demand in America for the conservative message, which is why people like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly are still making a lot of money. What? Do you think they're paying for the air time out of their own pockets? Do you think they manufacture their audience as they go? That's not the way it works.

Limbaugh and Fox News and the others are successful because the audience is already out there. It's a vast audience, with enough economic pull to drive success and failure in the news and entertainment industries. People such as Limbaugh are successful because they're giving this audience what they want to hear.

The Great Lie is that America is a progressive/liberal nation, except for a handful of terrible redneck renegades of Hate who are ruining the party for everyone. But that's not the case at all. Simple commerce tells the true story — Conservative books and radio shows out-sell liberal books and radio shows by a factor of 10X. Conservative TV news outlets (such as Fox News) have greater viewership and better ratings than their mainstream (liberal) counterparts.

How can this be, if America is a progressive/liberal nation? I mean, if Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and Michael Savage and Laura Ingraham are these rogue hate-mongers, these islands of Hate in a sea of peace and tranquility, then who the hell is buying their product?

Well, obviously, the answer is that the sea is not so peaceful, not so tranquil. The American People are very smart, they see through the lies, and they reward those who reflect their own views.

That which can succeed does succeed. That which sucks is doomed to failure.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Bravo Blaine, why dont we censor Weedwhaker, taking away his freedom of speech, I have deemed his speech to be hate speech. He is hateful toward another person. If Rush is hate speech then adding weed's hate speech is not right. One wrong doesn't make another wrong (right).. So lets censor Weedwhaker, while were at it I will make up a list of other people I deem to be hate(speech I don't like) and we can censor them too.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Blaine, uplander and alienj...

I just starred all of your posts.

Because, you're right!

BUT....Mr. Limbaugh Himself coined the terrible word 'feminazis'....in one of his misogynistic rants, some years ago. He spoke as how feminism was 'created' so that unattractive women (his words) could advance in society.

YES...he's "just" a talk-show host....but his vile hatred spews out of his mouth daily. HE IS the man who called a teenage girl a 'dog'....he was referring to Chelsea Clinton.

He should be an embarrassment to all who are devout Republicans, but instead, they lap it up!!!

Since he has made it to the forefront of the latest 'news' cycles, I thought it was appropriate to point out his hyprocrisy.

'Boss' Limbaugh is not some sort of 'right-wing' god....he is a blowhard. AND, he does it FOR THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!

EDIT....while I was writing this, Doc and alien popped in with new posts...so I will star them too....

[edit on 3/5/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

1. Is Rush being the head of the GOP bad? If so why? Provide examples of failed ideas.

Okay...Some examples of why Rush isn't qualified to lead anything.

From Rush's list of "life truths"

- Feminism was established so that unattractive women could have easier access to the mainstream of society. Just look at the history of feminism if you doubt the truth.

Today some militant feminists apparently harbor such animosity for the opposite sex that they want to criminalize the process of courtship---the old fashioned 'chase'.

Many feminists are confusing advances with harassment and confusing harassment with rape."

- The Earth's eco-system is not fragile.
- The most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.
- Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud.

And other gems...
"The phony soldiers." --on U.S. service members who support withdrawal from Iraq.

"He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. ... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. --on an ad by Michael J. Fox endorsing Claire McCaskill for Senate for supporting embryonic stem cell research. Michael J. Fox suffers from Parkinson's disease.

I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of the need to blow some steam off?" --on the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." --in 1995

"I am addicted to prescription pain medication." --in 2003

"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them."

"And don't forget, Sherrod Brown is black. There's a racial component here, too. And now, the newspaper that I'm reading all this from is The New York Times, and they, of course, don't mention that." --on the 2006 Ohio Senate primary race involving then-Rep. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), who is white

[edit on 5-3-2009 by maybereal11]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Thanks Doc

That was well spoken and well thought out, to dispute that which is fact only comes form pure ignorance, on the topic of economic driven popularity.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I get your point in that. There are most certainly people on all sides who have made horrible statements on the air.

Contrary to what someone said above, I don't find your posts offensive and I always read your posts. I think you are just angry at things you can't control like the rest of us. We all have a rant or two coming just to let off steam.

I could rant equally about people from either side because I think both sides are so far gone they can't be repaired except by voting all incumbents out of office. Obama just hit me personally because I own a Sole Proprietorship and I'm rich even though I bring home way far less than $250,000. Heck, I spend over $300 a month just on toner cartridges
Then you add computers, software, paper products, furniture, Janitorial services and commissions to those who do my sales and I'm going to be a hurting unit. Explain to the sales people I lay off next month how this benefited them? How it created a job for them?

Even though Rush is I admit over the line, I want him on the air and I'm afraid that Pelosi will use him to take away freedoms if we are not careful. Since Obama is in lockstep with her it is scary to some, so don't blame them when they align to a person like Rush. He is not one bit more arrogant than his opponents.

Bottom line is we are ALL a bit shook up at the moment.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by Blaine91555

Bravo Blaine, why dont we censor Weedwhaker, taking away his freedom of speech, I have deemed his speech to be hate speech.

He is just confused and scared like the rest of us. No need to get personal and I did not mean that in that way. We all have a right to rant now and then. I think lots of us are angry right now.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Obama just hit me personally because I own a Sole Proprietorship and I'm rich even though I bring home way far less than $250,000. Heck, I spend over $300 a month just on toner cartridges
Then you add computers, software, paper products, furniture, Janitorial services and commissions to those who do my sales and I'm going to be a hurting unit. Explain to the sales people I lay off next month how this benefited them? How it created a job for them?

I too own a business...please explain to me how this will impact you if you are earning less than 250k, or as you say "way less"? Honest question.

You can deduct all of those expenses you listed...they are not taxable.

I would honestly be interested in how exactly you feel hit by the plan seeing as I am also a business owner.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Obama just hit me personally because I own a Sole Proprietorship and I'm rich even though I bring home way far less than $250,000. Heck, I spend over $300 a month just on toner cartridges

I think you are confused or buying into some unfounded spin going on.

If you make less than 250K a year (90% of Small Bus Owners)...and you say you make "far way less" then you will get a tax CUT and if you are a small business owner...as you say you are...then the capital gains tax for your business is ELIMINATED under his budget plan? Where do you think you are going to get hit?

around 90 percent of small business owners would benefit from Obama’s proposed middle-class tax cuts and they also would revel in the elimination of the capital gains tax for small businesses.
blogs.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Not much to add here as there already seems to be passionate posters on both sides of this issue. But one thing I have never understood about Mr. Limbaugh. ( Who does have a great face / body for radio.)

He always seems to be complaining about the "elite" Mainstream Media,
when, in fact, he personifies the "elite" Mainstream Media.

Seems a tad hypocritical to me. Just sayin'.

And yes, Michael Moore balances out the "Big Fat Ugly Extremist" seesaw to level.

I am enjoying Weedwhacker's thread. S&F. Good on you.

Regards.......KK

[edit on 5-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Fess up, any women here find Rush attractive??

Uh, hyeah, he's got MONEY! He has been on the radio for awhile so I would think that he knows what he's talking about -- a professional. Anyway, he also serves to entertain my ear-holes and actually makes me think how much knowledge a person needs in order to effectively debate people on a daily basis. Still not sure what it means to be a conservative'.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky He has been on the radio for awhile so I would think that he knows what he's talking about -- a professional.

That's odd. Our local weatherman has been on the air for like 20 years and he NEVER seems to make an accurate weather prediction.

Geez. You, my dear, obviously have low standards. Are you busy for lunch tomorrow?

Regards.....KK

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'm glad to see, what with the title of this thread, you are taking the high road considering the low road Rush "always" takes.
Really, shouldn't you be reporting all this on Air Amrerica? Name calling and catcalls from either side(s) just turn me off. Welcome to the Obama bandwagon and the Rush bandwagon. It just doesn't matter. Enjoy, Bubba.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

kick azzzz!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by pikypiky He has been on the radio for awhile so I would think that he knows what he's talking about -- a professional.

That's odd. Our local weatherman has been on the air for like 20 years and he NEVER seems to make an accurate weather prediction.

Geez. You, my dear, obviously have low standards. Are you busy for lunch tomorrow?

Regards.....KK

Obama has been in the presidency for a month and never seems to make the right choice with his spending habits

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If you know the EYE OF EAGLE, it is time that we all come together and form a party that will intervene in this mess before blood has been drawn.

Your Gov't is conspiring against the very will of the AMERICAN PEOPLE.

It is time that "WE THE PEOPLE" join together and take back our government before it is to late.

Please let this place not just be a place of venting but a place of uniting, a uniting of the people of this country to again lay down the law of this land that "WE THE PEOPLE" SPEAK and those that are elected by the people fot the people SPEAK for the people.

Congress is still there; the Senate is still there, CALL THEM! Speak your peace and be heard.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SlickSpeed

SlickSpeed,

I appreciate your point.

If you read carefully you'll see that his actual physical 'weight' problem isn't at issue....yes, I used it as a joke, but Keith Olbermann made fun of himself for being fat....and Jay Leno made fun of Mr. Limbaugh's weight on his show just the other night!

Look.....Ann Coulter isn't 'fat'....but she's equally hateful. Some would say the same thing about Bill Maher! Or the late, great George Carlin!

Thing is....Jay Leno, and the late George Carlin knew how to entertain....via shtick, and the benefit of good writing. AND, the ability to censor themselves, when appropriate, to make it continually funny. (I need to put in a plug for Jackie Gleason here, as well...)

Again, in case you missed it....my entire reference to Mr. Limbaugh's 'bouncing' is from the CPAC video. AND, from certain clips that show him bouncing in his chair, whileon the radio......

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join