It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh! A bloviating bouncing bag of blubber!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wonder who is going to catch the attention of the left wing next week?

3 weeks ago it was Hannity.
2 weeks ago it was Jindall.
This week is Rush.

All the while there President is spending us into oblivion. Now that I said that, someone will shrug off President Obamas hand in this mess by blaming Bush.

Here it comes. 5, 4, 3, 2,1 GO!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The Republican party is done. They have lost the true conservative base. Still, many Neo-Conservatives will continue to back them because of one issue...abortion.

I refuse to back the Republican party by pulling the straight lever like I used to.

Now I take careful thought before I vote, and gasp...even voted for some Democrats last election.

And Rush Limbaugh is a FF that I can't stand, and as someone else pointed out, he is definitely wrecking the chances of the true base ever voting straight Republican again.

Go Rushy Go.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

jd, this IS about Limbaugh....but, I see your point.

In a WSJ/MSNBC poll conducted recently 84% of respondents, when asked, didn't think President Obama, in barely six weeks in Office, could be in any way responsible for the financial mess we're currently in...the question, specifically mentioned that he 'Inherited' it.

The same poll found that 66% would give him one year....after that, they'd start to blame the current Administration.

Now, remember....this is the Murdoch-owned WSJ!!!!! Murdoch, who cuts the checks for the likes of hannity and o'reilley.

Makes me wonder....who out there can tell us who Mr. Limbaugh owes his mortal soul (or, ermmmmm paycheck) to?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You are correct, my friend. Rush is a "lightning rod for controversy". And, yes, any media exposure is considered good exposure. This recent flap will attract new listeners and that is a good thing.

Now, I do think the only person who has called Rush "just an entertainer" was Michael Steele, the new chair of the GOP. Who, incidentally, has since apologized for that characterization.

Rush does use entertainment to attract listeners and to demonstrate his views. But, he is a serious political commentator. I don't listen to him often, but, I have heard him go after Republicans and Democrats, who go against conservative ideals.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

TH3ON3...thanks for the post....

BUT to you, and others....this is NOT about 'bashing' the GOP.

Please don't get me wrong....we NEED the Party system in our Republic.

BUT, it is about 'representational democracy'.....not gas-bags on the media outlets!!!!

I heard today, in an interview with former Justice of the Supreme Court Sandra Day O'Conner that in on-the-street surveys, barely 50% of average Americans could name the Three Branches of Government that define the very basics of our Representational Democracy.

Yet about 75% could at least name an 'American Idol' .... "judge"!!!

'No Child Left Behind'....the vaunted 'bush' idea.....about one half of all States in the USA are not required to teach civics anymore.....

High School Seniors can graduate, with no lessons in civics....and go out to vote!!!!

It's astonishing, and scary.....without these basic tenets of understanding, without knowing the principles of the Constitution, and our System of Government....little wonder people like Mr. Limbaugh can influence the ignorant.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Thanks, again, WTF....for discussing, and not flaming!

Perhaps you are correct, that it WAS Mr. Steele who characterized Mr. Limbaugh as an 'entertainer'....but wasn't THAT the thing that led him (Mr. Steele) to apologize TO Mr. Limbaugh 51 minutes later????

It happened so fast!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hang on... I don't watch TV nor listen to radio. I'm kind of an Internet denizen, I get all my news and commentary here on the World Wide Web. So, while I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken or Alan Colmes or Sean Hannity, et cetera, I know who these people are and I know, basically, about their impact on the media.

Um. Look. The conservative talk radio business isn't about a bunch of rich bigwigs spewing their capitalist hate speech out upon the unsuspecting masses, okay? If you know anything about radio, you know that radio stations live and die by commercial advertising. Commercial advertisers direct their revenues into the radio formats that attract the most listeners. So, the listenership shapes radio programming — wherever the listener interest goes, the radio programming follows, and commercial advertisers pour their money into the most successful formats. It just makes sense.

Have you heard of radio stations changing formats? It happens all the time, stations switch from Lite Rock to Tejano, or from Pop Music to News Talk, or from Classical Music to Hip-Hop. The audience determines which radio programming survives.

Just so, Rush Limbaugh is a very, very successful radio personality who sells a hell of a lot of mattresses and cold remedies on the air. I mean, that's all Rush Limbaugh does. That's his job. He recites a 15-second radio commercial for a nose spray, and money changes hands all over the world. The rest of the noise he makes is to keep his listeners enthralled until the next advertising spot comes around.

That's how commercial radio works.

Rush Limbaugh is only doing his job. He's preening this one, he's pissing on that one, he's pooting and farting and making obnoxious noises, and his audience loves it, and his advertisers are rolling in cash, and The System Works.

Now, why is that a threat to some people? Think about it. Why is speaking your mind and making a stand and making a profit considered a threat?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Star, Doc....and a comment about your last sentence....

WE, intelligent people, know what you're saying. Limbaugh, and all the rest on AM (and even some on FM) Radio....yeah, they are there to sell.

IF you don't get cable TV, then you haven't been sullied by the likes of Sean Hannity, or Bill O'Reilly....however, if you have the guts for it, since you're online....they are there, as well....so I don't buy, entirely the 'I don't watch TV schtick

But, still, Doc....point taken....and, I think I've mentioned it a time or two already.....these guys make loads of money by bringing in ratings, and thusly advertising revenue.....that's good....except.........for the poor saps who listen and BELIEVE in their hyprocrital rants, without benefit of being able to A) hear the other side or B) not wish to hear the other side of issues!!!

Example, very recent.....Bill O'Reilly, in reference to how the Democrats might enjoy the recent Rush Limbaugh debacle, said something on his TV spout about how the Democrats wished to incite a 'so-called' "Culture War" in this country (the USA) and how he was so incensed that the democrats would do such a thing!!!!

Funny how hyprocrisy can nip you in the butt....about six years ago, this same blowhard, Bill O'Reilly wrote a book, subtitled 'Culture Wars' in which, among other things, he advocated the use of a 'culture war' by Republicans to take back the Congress and secure a GOP President in 2008....

Oh, how the (in their so-called minds) the 'mighty' have fallen......

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
[IF you don't get cable TV, then you haven't been sullied by the likes of Sean Hannity, or Bill O'Reilly....however, if you have the guts for it, since you're online....they are there, as well....so I don't buy, entirely the 'I don't watch TV schtick

When I say I don't watch TV, I mean I do not sit in front of the cathode cannon, fingering the remote control, blasting my brain with a torrent of commercial garbage. I simply don't do it. Rather, I sit in front of a massive plasma screen and select which news and commentary and entertainment I will consume.

I don't listen to commercial talk radio, either, but I'm abreast of their shenanigans via the world wide web.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Doc, that is why DVR tech is such a great invention!!!

Oh, and NPR on the FM machine, if you just want to listen to something....

Cheers!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Doc, that is why DVR tech is such a great invention!!! Oh, and NPR on the FM machine, if you just want to listen to something....Cheers!!!

Hey, I'm swimming in the technology, streaming everything in the world at the touch of a finger. Let's exploit the magic while we have it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Doc.....how in the heck do I convey a chuckle that involves a spit-take, into letters on a screen????

I mean....at least I didn't spit on my keyboard.....but my cat is really upset!!!

Joking!!!! I would never direct a spit-take at my cat....the dog got it all!!!!!

EDIT....dogs lap it up!!!!!

[edit on 3/5/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hallelujah! We are saved. Rush is a man with a plan. All we have to do is listen to him and follow his "teachings".

I have tried to make it through one of his broadcasts repeatedly, but have never made it more than 20 minutes.

Contrast him with G. Noory's easy grace behind the microphone. Even Alex Jones comes across as a person who actually cares about the average Joe.

Rush is an expert at ........self promotion.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I agree that unless the Republicans undergo massive upheavel with a strong charismatic leader then it is done.

The issue remains....a strong charismatic leader will fill the conservative vacum, who will it be?

Our family remains strongly consevative with back to the farm principles.

EDIT Strongly conservative does not mean I agree with the money laundering so called Christian Church of the US and Cantana...all denominations....

[edit on 5-3-2009 by whiteraven]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by TruthWithin

"Entertainment" that masks itself as political "Commentary".....that is the point, here.

I must EDIT....because my last sentence may not fully convey my meaning.

Actual comedians, whether Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Jay Leno, or the late, great George Carlin....THEY can do real comedy. (I know, I've left many others out, but there's a 10,000 lettter maximum here!)

People like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, et al....THEY are not doing it 'tongue-in-cheek' as in a 'Roast'....they are the epitome of hyprocrisy, and the sad part is, some people hang on their every word!!!

[edit on 3/4/0909 by weedwhacker]

Please don't forget to mention the likes of Olbermann, Matthews, Madow, Couric, MSNBC , CBS, ABC, NBC, The Wannabe pundits from Hollywood et al.

Limbaugh, Hannity, and O'Reilly are the minority in the vast wasteland of Leftwing MSM. We just went through six years of the MSM calling for the head of Bush on a silver platter and Barry has only been in office for little over a month.

Come on libs.. toughen up and take your licks like a man without running to the principal everytime someone points out your extreme faults.

Obama and his staff can't take the heat. Just look at how defensive Gibbs is in the press conferences. He is virtually censoring the press corps. for doing their job and he is attacking a select few in the media for criticizing Obama.

This is a free country (at least for another year) and we still support freedom of speech and expression. Obama and his dingbats should be above the crybaby antics. THis whiny behavior is a major indicator of just how weak Obama really is. Obama only appears strong when the words are given to him or when the PTB are propping him up. All Obama really wants is to be voted most popular in the class. The poor guy just wants to be loved.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am a Rush fan, and find it offensive the way people are thrashing him for his weight. Is it because they can find no other point to criticize?

I picture it as 2 kids trading insults in a playground. Child A has stumped child B, and all Child B has left to say is, "Well your fat."

Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc. bring many truths to light that without them we would never hear about. Agree with them or not, fine either way. But we have to fight to keep the right to let them speak.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlickSpeed
I am a Rush fan, and find it offensive the way people are thrashing him for his weight. Is it because they can find no other point to criticize?

I picture it as 2 kids trading insults in a playground. Child A has stumped child B, and all Child B has left to say is, "Well your fat."

Rush, Hannity, Beck, etc. bring many truths to light that without them we would never hear about. Agree with them or not, fine either way. But we have to fight to keep the right to let them speak.

Sure. Does anybody want a return to The Fairness Doctrine. Anybody who doesn't like Rush can just change the channel. I do.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I believe Rush Limbaugh once referred to himself as "just an entertainer" during one of his broadcasts...

He was in the midst of blasting Clinton (this was quite a few years back) and then they put on a caller. After the usual sycophantic praises, she told him she agreed with EVERYTHING he said, and now what do we DO about it? And then there was this long pause. The first time I ever heard that bigmouth choke up and not know what to say. Finally, he told her he didn't propose she do anything. He explained he wasn't an activist, he was just an entertainer.

What he is is a hatemonger. He directs his listeners' anger and hatred toward a particular person or group, with twisted logic and ridicule...and this passes for "entertainment"? I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hmm, if it weren't for the damage that some people (shallow, extroverted right-wing republican politicians and pundits) do who take Limbaugh and Coulter seriously, I'd enjoy them immensely.

I think they should be treated like the side-show circus-freak television curiosities they are.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Rush Limbaugh! A bloviating bouncing bag of blubber!

And don't forget, he's also a hypocritical narcotics junkie too, ha. I use to listen to the guy a long time ago until I realized be sounds like a broken record.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join