It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh! A bloviating bouncing bag of blubber!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Many 'dittoheads' defend Mr. Limbaugh as 'Just an entertainer'.

Jackie Gleason was also rotund, and quite right-leaning, AND an entertainer....but he didn't resort to outright lies and innuendo....he entertained the old-fashioned way, through real comedic principles.

I happen to view Mr. Limbaugh, by comparison, as an over-paid treasonous shill for the people who THINK that he has something to say, when, in fact, he is a load of hyprocrisy.

Witness recent events....when certain, ermmmm..."people of the Republic party" cow-towed to Mr. Limbaugh, so willingly, after having been perceived to have made the slightest of slights against him....and heard back from the 'dittoheads', and thusly feared for their OWN political futures.

Spineless, I tells ya!!! Spineless!!!

BTW...the alliteration? From the CPAC video of his Rushness! All hail, Boss Rush!!! Now, where the darn ar' them Hazzard boys?????

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
But Limbaugh is the new head of the GOP, right? Now we can start making fun of conservatives again - all the Obama trashing around here has grown old.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
BRAVO!! Well put. I have felt he is nothing more than a self serving, hate spewing bag of............. He does nothing but try and divided people with his hate. You said it so well. Star and Flag.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I like that Rush is now running the GOP. One news article said he has about 20 million listeners. I'm sure by the time he's done that's all the members the Republican party will have left. The more extreme they become the fewer and fewer people there will be left who will identify with them.

Go Rush!!!!! Congrats and I hope the party continues to listen obediently to your every word.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

No, TW...and thanks for your post.

No, Michael Steele is the current elected Spokesperson for the 'republic Party'.

(AND, yes, I kinda sorta thought your were being clever, there)

But still, there is NO NEED to make fun of the GOP....after all, Abraham Lincoln was a member of the GOP.

No, this thread is all about laying bare (ewwwww!) Rush Limbaugh....more specifically, HIS hyprocrosies.

The 'Grand Old Party' is not the target. There are numerous true, decent and honest members in the GOP.

"Entertainment" that masks itself as political "Commentary".....that is the point, here.

I must EDIT....because my last sentence may not fully convey my meaning.

Actual comedians, whether Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Jay Leno, or the late, great George Carlin....THEY can do real comedy. (I know, I've left many others out, but there's a 10,000 lettter maximum here!)

People like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Hannity, et al....THEY are not doing it 'tongue-in-cheek' as in a 'Roast'....they are the epitome of hyprocrisy, and the sad part is, some people hang on their every word!!!

[edit on 3/4/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Bill Hicks Perfectly Describes Rush Limbaugh:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by TruthWithin

No, this thread is all about laying bare (ewwwww!) Rush Limbaugh....more specifically, HIS hyprocrosies.

The 'Grand Old Party' is not the target. There are numerous true, decent and honest members in the GOP.

"Entertainment" that masks itself as political "Commentary".....that is the point, here.

The decent and honest members of the GOP need to shut down the hate, racism and violent incitements that are ripping apart the country. I have never seen so much hate in my life (and I'm no youngster) and it is coming primarily from people who identify themselves as Republicans and Libertarians. The Democrats and progressives are at least willing to criticize and prosecute members of their own party. We cannot sustain ourselves as a society with all the lies and hate coming from the likes of this amoral drug addict.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Thank you for your post, CC...

I'm not sure I agree with you completely, about the GOP tearing apart the country.

You see, there ARE amoral people, on both (or all three or four) sides....(counting Libertarians and Greens...)

But, really....our Constititutional Democratic Republic is meant to withstand such onslaughts.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My thoughts about Rush:
A tried a true method of those in media with an agenda: Monopolize the conversation, make your oppononent be the evil one no matter what (put downs help the most), and never ever falter in the opinion that YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS RIGHT! Examples: O'Reilly/Hannity/Faux News and Rush and other ultra-right wing conservative AM radio degenerates.
I bet Rush isn't nearly as bad of a guy as he is on the radio. There I said it. He has become a caricture of what he one day decided his "schtick" would be. Unfortunately, there are some people out there who believe what he said (or even once upon a time believed in a bit of it) and just like any other charismatic orator they now cling to every word he spews regardless of whether they would have come up with it on their own or not. He gains their trust because he demonizes the left (I heard it myself the other day...he said that whenever a liberal tries to tell you that you are somehow the greedy heartless one just turn around and tell them they are the EVIL one..yes he used that word.) and by demonizing them then the listeners are then made to feel all warm and bubbly inside because that means they are superior and are now the clever and human citizens.
Unfortunately, it has gotten out of hand...Rush is smart enough to know to never run for office. The fact that people put so much trust in him as their "political savior" of Conservatism means that they then turn around in times of crisis of leadership (poor GOP) and expect him to swoop in and save them! HAh! Rush doesn't really care....as long as he gets his he's quite happy to sit back in his tacky, tacky mansion on the island and pop them pills.
Thats why Steele freaked out! He is probably dumbfounded by the stupidity of his own party! He doesn't mind if Rush can be used as a pawn to energize the far-right base-but Steele hasn't forgotton how much of a meniachal biggot and misogynistic gloop of hatred this man really is. What does that say about his party! How do we win the moderates back? With Limbaugh!?!?! ARRGHH...
Poor Rush has dug himself into this radio personna and unfortunately, though he has sold his soul for success, he can now never be Rush from MO who wants a radio show. No, no..now he has become his neo-con alter ego and that is probably why he holes himself up popping pills and getting repeatedly divorced...because he doesn't like what he sees in the mirror...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Thank you, piemaker, for the contribution, but could you please add a disclaimer?

(that YT is not for children!)

Still, thanks for your comment.....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

But was it designed to withstand the onslaught of the most powerful propaganda machine ever assembled on earth - media that is controlled by just a few corporations? There really is no significant liberal media to rally against this...the only voice liberals have is in the blogasphere.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

awake, I agree with your inciteful treatise, and take on the reality of mr. Limbaugh.

HE WANTS RATINGS!!!!! His latest $300million, 8-year contract might expire before he does, so he wants to ensure his over-the-top lifestyle NEVER gets interrupted!

As to on-air personnae? Even Jon Stewart, of 'The Daily Show with Jon Stewart' admits that, in person, the Rush 'wannabe' Bill O'Reilly is actually quite personable....

But, of course, Mr. Stewart is male, so the 'loufa sponge' incident won't be a 'Factor'.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think el Rushbo "with talent on loan from God" Limbaugh actually needs more of a forum and to be connected to the GOP even closer.

Most women compare Rush to the crass, profane, cigar smoking, pathetic geek, that thinks he's cool and hits on them in bars.

His hateful demeanor and stupid myopic dogma just doesn't appeal to the feminine gender. Even conservative women tell me that Rush makes em wanna puke.

In the hot tub at the gym, a nice cross section of people where politics is currently the topic of choice, is where I gleen my information.

Not as scientific as a Gallup poll but still.....

Fess up, any women here find Rush attractive??

Keep it up El Rusbo, you are the wildeyed libs wet dream.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A bloviating bouncing bag of blubber!......an over-paid treasonous shill.....a self serving, hate spewing bag of........a meniachal biggot and misogynistic gloop of hatred......holes himself up popping pills and getting repeatedly divorced......

So much "hate" in only 8 posts! Once again, proof that most people believe in free speech, only if they agree with what is being said. So sad.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
...bloviating bouncing bag of blubber
...wheez...wipes tears
weedwhacker, I couldn't have said it any better!

When I saw on tv Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell telling CPAC members, "Who wants to hang out with guys like Paul Krugman…when you can be with Rush Limbaugh!", I knew the last nail was driven in the coffin of any Republican intellectualism left.
Paul Krugman, Economic Sciences Nobel Prize winner...don't want to hear what he has to say in these troubling economic times? Listen to Rush?
Good Lord! This is getting ridiculous.
They learned nothing from, "Vote for George Bush, because he's a guy you would like to drink beer with!" Jeez, they might as well run Rush in 2012! "You can have Oxycontin with him!"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
So much "hate" in only 8 posts! Once again, proof that most people believe in free speech, only if they agree with what is being said. So sad.

Hey Sparky, read what I said! I want Rush to have more of a Forum.
I don't hate Rush! I find him amusing.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Not as scientific as a Gallup poll but still.....

Fess up, any women here find Rush attractive??

Ann Coulter?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

awake.....Whaaa???

Ann Coulter is (gulp) a woman???!!!???

Who knew?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So sorry Mr. Let's Make It All About Me...But, I was typing my post, as you were finishing yours. So, I will, now, address yours.

"stupid myopic dogma"...." any women here find Rush attractive?? "...

You, like the others, have not addressed a single word of Rush's speech. You can only call names (Sparky???) and attack his personal appearance. Who cares if anyone is attracted to him? His message was spot on. I, too, hope Obama's attempts to expand government, welfare, spending, etc. fail.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

WTFover, thanks for your contribution.

The first two are mine....the rest, well it seems I have been trying to out-funny myself, and others ran with it!

I think my first 'four Bs' were mild in comparison to some actual book titles that have made it to the Best Seller's List, re: Mr. Limbaugh.

He IS a lightning rod for controversy....and he basks in it!!!

In fact, divide 8 into 300 and find out what his current Contract is paying him, in USD millions per year....and don't think he's laughing his arse off at everyone!!!

Oh! AND, I think he'd laugh at this thread too!!! Because, intentionally or unintentionally, he's getting MORE recognition.

HOWEVER.....to be serious, for a moment....IF he's 'just an entertainer' as many of his recent defenders have claimed, then he should advertise himself as such!!!!!!

EDIT for WTF....please note two things: I responded to YOUR post, since it was generic, and not directed at any other member, so I assumed it was generalized to this thread's OP....meaning me.

Secondly, I see you're fairly new...so welcome!!!

[edit on 3/4/0909 by weedwhacker]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join