It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Sharpshooter? Or Political Assassin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I put this article here because I believe that the situation in Israel/Palestine is a large part of the War on Terror. I also believe that in this conflict, both factions may indeed be fighting their own War on Terror.
I, personally, have no loyalty to either side. I know that at one time, both Irael and Palestine were both led by fellow war criminals at the same time and I try very hard to look at both sides with equal disgust

I came across this story at Global Research, a site I have really come to trust in the reportings of events related to Global impact.

A former member of an Israeli assassination squad has broken his silence for the first time.

The Israeli military's policy of targeted killings has been described from the inside for the first time. In an interview with The Independent on Sunday, and in his testimony to an ex-soldiers' organisation, Breaking the Silence, a former member of an assassination squad has told of his role in a botched ambush that killed two Palestinian bystanders, as well as the two militants targeted.

The operation, which took place a little over eight years ago, at the start of the present intifada, or uprising, left the former sharpshooter with psychological scars. To this day he has not told his parents of his participation in what he called "the first face-to-face assassination of the intifada".

I have little personal doubt that it's a factual account, but, I haven't looked into the story other than to read the article. I just tend to trust Global Research in looking out for their readers interest. My opinion impacts you not, I have to assume, but, just read the article and tell us what you think.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
So a whole day and no reply? Wow, I'm kinda suprised, it's quite the tale of war in modern times.
Give it a read folks.

C'mon.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I skimmed throught the article, so my reply will be brief (that and it's late here).

I say military sharpshooter. He was just following orders and had no personal motivation (other than to serve his country) to carry out said orders.

Had he had motive, and selected the targets himself, and then followed through with the mission - I would say political assasin. However, that is not the case - just a soldier following orders.

Now, if those orders were right or wrong, well that is a different story all together.

join