It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern fraternities know less than nought.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It never fails to humor me when i see so-called secret societies pretending to have some profound information or secret skills, access being prohibited to us plebians.

Yes, they have some rituals correct, but the only talk the talk.

I once knew the wife of a Mason, a shopkeeper who joined because it would help in business. She often got upset when I ribbed her about Masonic secrets. She would reply that the Masons were a society of secrets, not a secret society.

But I laugh sometimes. For example, ask any Mason you like: what does the G stand for, and in reply comes a load of confused stuff about geometry. They do not know. So we should forgive them.

So called Knights Templars go on about the head of John the Baptist, but they are more in the dark than an old skull 6 feet below the ground.

If you pushed the truth up their noses they wouldn't know it.

Rosicrucians (for that's what they call themselves) know and undrstand nought about the Rosy Cross. And probably never will.

I suspect its the same thing for Christians: if only they all loved their neighbours as themselves! If only. One commandment that's all is needed. You can throw away the entire book, but keep that single, golden phrase.

Of course there are the others, and we know who, but to mention them might cause great fury and anger. We have almost returned to the middle ages in some respects. I speak of more than one religion.

But this is no rant, it is a critisism directed at those who use symbology but have not the slightest idea of their true original meanings. In this matter, the church of Rome is of course included.

But the Mason! And that G....!

regards

[edit on 4-3-2009 by chukabuka]

[edit on 4-3-2009 by chukabuka]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chukabuka
But I laugh sometimes. For example, ask any Mason you like: what does the G stand for, and in reply comes a load of confused stuff about geometry. They do not know. So we should forgive them.

Every Master Mason knows what the "G" means.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I am going to retreat this weekend, and I have been informed by an "insider" (guy a in my frat who I am friend with, who has already been through the rituals) that on the camping trip we will have the first part of the initiation ritual. I still don't know if frat and masons and occultists are interlinked, and that scares me because I don't want anything to do with those other societies. I need to make a decision within the next two days.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Every Fellow Craft does too!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More important than what the 'G' stands for is what it doesn't stand for.

Did I blow your mind?

That just happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Whoa... You did! You DID blow my mind, dude! Consider my mind completely blown.

And in response to the original post:

It never fails to humor me when i see so-called secret societies pretending to have some profound information or secret skills, access being prohibited to us plebians.

Yes, they have some rituals correct, but the only talk the talk.

I once knew the wife of a Mason, a shopkeeper who joined because it would help in business. She often got upset when I ribbed her about Masonic secrets. She would reply that the Masons were a society of secrets, not a secret society.

So called Knights Templars go on about the head of John the Baptist, but they are more in the dark than an old skull 6 feet below the ground.

If you pushed the truth up their noses they wouldn't know it.

Rosicrucians (for that's what they call themselves) know and undrstand nought about the Rosy Cross. And probably never will.

I suspect its the same thing for Christians: if only they all loved their neighbours as themselves! If only. One commandment that's all is needed. You can throw away the entire book, but keep that single, golden phrase.

Of course there are the others, and we know who, but to mention them might cause great fury and anger. We have almost returned to the middle ages in some respects. I speak of more than one religion.

But this is no rant, it is a critisism directed at those who use symbology but have not the slightest idea of their true original meanings. In this matter, the church of Rome is of course included.

But the Mason! And that G....!

regards

I propose that your post IS a rant, which could have been summarised as follows:

"Secret Societies don't know what all their own symbolism means, but I do! I possess true understanding and I'm here to vaguely insinuate how much I know and create negative generalisations about the ignorance of other groups. Rah!!"

So tell us what the "G" means, big shot, along with all the other stuff you hinted at. Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Oh yes, of course, but they can't tell the world, cos its a big secret.

Having said that, if someone did finally find what it used to represent, and published it, I am certain all the grand nmasters will cry " how dare he tell our secrets to the world"

Make a deal with you: I give half away, you gine the other half.

AHZR answer that one o masters.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaoscontrot
I am going to retreat this weekend, and I have been informed by an "insider" (guy a in my frat who I am friend with, who has already been through the rituals) that on the camping trip we will have the first part of the initiation ritual. I still don't know if frat and masons and occultists are interlinked, and that scares me because I don't want anything to do with those other societies. I need to make a decision within the next two days.

Make sure you wash your knee.

Good huntin

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
More important than what the 'G' stands for is what it doesn't stand for.

Did I blow your mind?

That just happened.

My mind is no longer! it is actually shorter than it was a second ago, blow mind blow, away into that infinity. Its almost gone......... away. Aw Gee.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Big shot here.

Yes indeed I do know some long forgotton things, lets see now:

The alphabet had 23 letters, thus making T the 19th. So we begin there;

The G is like a little hammer which hits on a tiny nail head.

Look at a Roman G,
what do you see:
you see a C
and a tiny T. C T

But what of the G?

Its 7th you see, G = 7

and C is just three C = 3

T = 19

C is for Cristi

and Tau is the T

C upon T makes two and twenty 3 + 19 = 22

Now G, being seven (Geometry?)

Raises up C for the whole world on T.

And there it is, simple, as palin as can be:

twenty two over seven, is eeturnitee.

By the way, in that alphabet, the 22nd letter was Y.

regards

[edit on 6-3-2009 by chukabuka]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
MMMMMMM me thinks thou dost protest too much. With all due respect to the OP, I smell a troll....

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And I percieve ad hominem

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Roark

and how's 3.142857142857~ = eternity?

-

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaoscontrot

just curious...
what scares you about the idea of "occult"
it doesn't mean "cult" it means "hidden"
any truly valuable or powerful knowledge is usually hidden.

doesn't mean it's "evil" .. or that you should be "scared" of it.

unless you're afraid of you own will being persuaded by your peers.
you always have free will to choose on your own.

-

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Well, yeah. LOL

I actually gave the G Lecture last night for another Lodge that needed help. I personally think it's one of the nicer lectures (wording wise).

reply to post by chukabuka

It is a secret and by our oaths we have promised not to tell, no matter if it is a big secret or not; we have been entrusted with something and it would be a grievous act to break that.

If someone did reveal the secrets then they would be kicked out of the Fraternity and all appendent bodies.

I won't make any deal with someone I know nothing of. Plus, no matter what it would be a breach of my obligation.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chukabuka

chukabuka,

Confidentially:

I think you are a troll

and I think you are full of s hit.

SCAT!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Big shot here.

Yes indeed I do know some long forgotton things, lets see now:

The alphabet had 23 letters, thus making T the 19th. So we begin there;

The G is like a little hammer which hits on a tiny nail head.

Look at a Roman G,
what do you see:
you see a C
and a tiny T. C T

But what of the G?

Its 7th you see, G = 7

and C is just three C = 3

T = 19

C is for Cristi

and Tau is the T

C upon T makes two and twenty 3 + 19 = 22

Now G, being seven (Geometry?)

Raises up C for the whole world on T.

And there it is, simple, as palin as can be:

By the way, in that alphabet, the 22nd letter was Y.

regards

[edit on 6-3-2009 by chukabuka]

Worst attempt at Gematria EVER.

top topics

join