It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Books for Children??? - related to the Obama on kids' tv channels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I about flipped when I saw this. About the time my kid comes home from school carrying one of these things, I'll burn it and then go to the school and raise 40 kinds of hell with someone. It was bad enough she came home from school last year during the primaries touting the almighty Obama, and it's worse, they advertised on TV stations such as Nick and Noggin, etc., supposedly geared towards the parents, but wtf???

Are children's book publishers seeking to indoctrinate impressionable young readers -- or are they simply obeying the laws of supply and demand?

www.foxnews.com...

(I am new to starting new topics, so if this is in the wrong place or I quoted and linked incorrectly, please fix as needed....thanks)

[edit on 3/4/09 by opal13]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
This indoctrination of the children is very disturbing and highly suspicious.
I don't want to see young minds believing that anyone is KING....
and thus trusting the king to make their choices for them.
Mind-bending of the youngsters.
It's dangerous and suspect.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Who buys this books for the children? or are they going to the libraries and buying them, all by themselves?

I didn't read anywhere about these books being used in schools, so i guess the only way to get one is to buy it somewhere.

So, i don't think kids go and buy them as if it was harry potter or whatever, seems more like Obama followers are inducing their children using this books.

If i had a kid, the last thing he or she would be reading is something like this... or any other politician's biography, just imagine, if our kids heroes or examples to follow will be politicians...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It doesn't say where these books would be available, but something tells me it will be widely distributed. I don't like the idea of getting this into the hands of kids with impressionable minds. Don't get me wrong, I want my daughter to be open minded, but honestly, the things she came home from school saying last year upset me to the point I sent a letter to her teacher explaining I didn't like the one sided education the kids were getting in social studies (3rd grade at that).

I agree, indoctrinating books do not have a place in my home.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I started reading Curious George when I was 5 and I loved those books...

So I don't see what the big deal is if they start publishing some newer editions...

In fact, I even had a pair of those Mickey Mouse Ears when i was kid Just like the President does today

I don't actually understand why they didn't do this for the last 8 years as well

All Children love Cartoon Characters if we are lucky enough to keep getting them in office why not let the kids enjoy their misadventures?

In fact I was shocked that for some reason we never saw Hagar the Horrible reinstated in the Funnies while we had Cheney as Vp

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

And i guess parents should keep a very close eye on this issue, i don't doubt for a minute that Obama supporters who also happen to teach children will try to 'recommend' one of these books as 'a good read', and i am not talking about this like if it was Obama's plan, but we know how some people think and this is not the first time, as you have experienced first hand, that some teacher tries to indoctrinate the class with his own personal beliefs.

I surely would be extremely mad if i notice mi kid is thinking weird stuff, and then i find out school is were it is coming from.

Wait!.. isn't that already happening? kids are being brainwashed by schools

Can't wait for the day we will be reading about some teacher asking kids to write a paper about this book

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

When the country elects a new president, publishers characteristically issue a biography or two geared toward young readers.

Here is another problem I have. I don't recall any books for kids being written about former presidents when they got elected. I anyone can find books for children written about Bush when he was elected and Carter, Reagan and Clinton, please point them out to me. Oh, and are they going to put in the fact that he used drugs and had a drinking problem? Most likely not. I think the only "biographies" I ever read about presidents was in school and they were dead presidents, such as Lincoln and Washington, etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

LOL!!! That's true!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
When we go to Barnes and Nobels the place is loaded with Obama. Same with Waldens. You can't get away from it. Kid books ... magazines ... adult books .... tween books .... book bags ... posters .... t-shirts. Usually set up at the front of the store so you are hit with it right when you walk in. VERY STRANGE.

His mug is everywhere. It's like the twilight zone.
And the bots have no clue ... :shk:

The kid books are disturbing.
God help those poor kids who get those as gifts.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join