It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want a conspiracy eh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hi

So many questions are raised concerning the bible. If it is, why do
texts of absolute truth raise so many questions? Are we meant to be confounded rather than enlightened?

We read what is before the eye, and if we see something puzzling or disagreeable, we question it. That's natural for us. We got from holes in the earth to this far by curiosity. If we read in the Old Testament that we are not to suffer witches,* but we must kill them, why don't we go out and light the bonfires?

*(Leviticus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live. Although there are plenty of christians who love to use a different verse from the same book: 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.)

We read things like king David, as a very old man being 'given' a
young virgin, in the hope of rejuvinating his manly prowess, and
ask if the bible says that, then does it imply sex with children?

We read that the only child left of Adam and Eve's is Cain, and
the cry goes up 'but who was his wife? it must have been Eve!'
This is a groundless question actually, because Cain was marked and
banished to the land of Nod, thus he had no chance to meet his
momma ever again.

But these are only stories that we read, absorb and assimilate.

Take any book you like, there are always questions raised. The Old Testament never seems to raise questions as to the origin of the originator himself.

The New Testament on the other hand, raises all sorts of questions, attacks and accusations such as: the 'son of god' was actually the Egyptian deity Horus. Or that the mother, Mary, was in fact Isis.

If these theories were true, then it has to follow that the top dog, whether it be the Old Testament one or the New, must be Rah.

Testament: from the Roman method of giving evidence, where the testes are grasped by the swearer's hand.

The New Testament: A collection of texts, written in Greek, set in the land of the Hebrews, and all controlled by the milartary might of Rome, to set the story about a man-god who spends his first 12 years in Egypt.

A book in which the very first Gospel – the first page actually, opens with a great big Greek Tau cross T, and that letter part of a fancy ornament, which is set in the context of a pagan god: Posoidon-Neptune. (Ref the 1611 King James Bible). The pagan god is seen riding a pair of sea-horses, and raises up his fish-spear, or trident.

Now there's a question just begging an answer.

A book in which certain confusing things happen: Is the original messiah John the Baptist? There are Greek scholars who say yes. The text has been cut and pasted all over the show.

And we see a traitor, Judas. And we are told that jesus and the disciples are dipping hands in a bowl of stuff, but the one who puts his hand in at the same time as his master, he is the traitor. And no one jumps up to smack poor Judas in the mouth! Surely everyone heard?

And we have the penultimate chaper. Jesus is badly beaten, and made to carry a cross up a big mound, gets nailed to this cross, and Pontius Pilate makes a public placard to go on the cross – in three languages. I could expand on the use of triples in the New Testament, but others have already done that, and far better than I could.

What shape was the cross? The Roman church will say it was like a plus sign, but the old master painters like Reubens say it was a Greek Tau cross. There is no mention of either shape in the NT.

The New Testament is full of question raising things. Why?

That is indeed the question.

I think I have the answer, but it is not an easy one to grasp. The nature of the answer implicates many sects, going back to the Greek Pythagoras. It implicates Rosicrucians and early Masons. It provides answers to questions raised even by those organisations. For example: Masons today will agree that their most prominent symbol, the letter G is an unknown subject. They just don't know what it really represents.

Regards

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If you are confounded it is because you are looking at the literal rather than the understanding.

Questions like is the real person John the Baptist or Jesus have no real value. Because either way it is not the person itself that mattered, it is the actions and message of that person. If you focus on John or Jesus, then you are overlooking the understanding behind the stories.

It's the difference between knowing 1+1=2 and knowing how to add. Anyone can repeat 1+1=2, call it an absolute truth and be an ignorant fool at the same time. Because they just repeat from memory, they don't actually understand. If you do understand, then you know how to add. You know and realize why 1+1=2. And you know the numbers are just variable of the expression. A+B=C, where many numbers can still be a true expression of the truth.

So it is not meant to teach you to memorize, it's meant to bring and give you understanding. Understanding that is helpful in the world. Everything Jesus faces is still present in the world today if you have understanding. Because if you have understanding then you are able to see the expression and put today's variables in their place. A Pharisee for example today is like a church preacher, or a pope. A Jew is both Christian and Jew(Christians didn't exist at the time). Moneychangers are central fractional reserve bankers etc. But you have to have understanding to understand and see it. When you get that understanding, then the entire world is different in how you see it. Not how you physically see, but how you see in the minds eye, in wisdom and understanding.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I see what you say.

But you imply therefore that the NT is not absolute truth. Moreover, you uses the word, even in your signaure, but forget the question posed to Pilate, 'What is truth'. I doubt if you can answer that.

Moreover, I never read in the literal sense, because i see nothing of real worth, other than one phrase, in the whole of the bible.

You use the word 'understanding' as if you understand the actual word itself.

It first came into the English language as a translation of a Greek word, and that was related to Revelation, 13:18 etc. I will enlighten you if you so wish.

If you really seek truth, then look at the words as the words of god.

John begins by using the phrase 'in the beginning was the word', so I suggest you go back to the beginning of the NT, Matthew chapter 1, and look very carefully at each word.

(Oh, I forgot to say, but you will need to read from the King James 1611 version, not a modern reprint, because lots of information has been removed. Look on the web.)

All words come from an alphabet. Mouths form letters into words.

Ask why the book of revelation tells us god says he is alpha and omega. Not just one time, but repeated.

Ask why little books are mentioned, and words are written down.

Is perhaps some clue being given?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chukabuka

Truth is nothing if it is not understood. You can't define what exactly is absolute truth, because the way we all express that truth is different. In the example I gave you, with the equation 1+1=2, the absolute truth behind that is A+B=C, where any number of variables can express that truth. We can never in ourselves actually express A+B=C, as you point out in doing so I myself must use words. I am still using variables A, B, C, symbols and words in themselves. But the reason behind that is not because the literal A, B, and C is the important part, but the understanding behind them.

You can't really express the absolute truth. In your words alone, they are dead. At most you can only express something of it which is true. You can express 1+1=2, but you can not actually express the meaning behind it. But for someone who understands how to add, then they know that is a true expression. They also know 1+2=3 and so forth. It's not about what you know, it's about what you understand.

Take a movie like the matrix. I can say - that movie speaks alot of truth, or that movie is real. Now, someone else can say - oh it's just a movie, there is no neo and there are no machines and so on. And then another person might say - oh neo is real, it's all real and literal. Both of them are wrong and completely missed the point. They are simply arguing over the literal. When it is actually true in meaning and understanding. It expresses truth that can be understood.

As Einstein said - any fool can know, the point is to understand. And the people who would argue over if the matrix is real or not on a literal sense are both completely wrong and missing the entire point. And this is also true of the bible.

Also, I'm not a Christian and don't accept half the NT as true. It's more a tell of 2 stories, 1 of Jesus(true) and 1 of Paul(deception). I also think Christianity is in itself the anti-Christ religion, fulfilling all the prophecies in itself. I do not have the same opinions about things as they do. But that's another topic, just thought I should disclose that.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chukabuka

The New Testament on the other hand, raises all sorts of questions, attacks and accusations such as: the 'son of god' was actually the Egyptian deity Horus. Or that the mother, Mary, was in fact Isis.

If these theories were true, then it has to follow that the top dog, whether it be the Old Testament one or the New, must be Rah.

First of all let me say you guys put together a fairly interesting read. Chukabuka do you mind explaining this to me a little further I've heard this before, but don't really know where these accusations came from and what they are based on. I'd like to get a better understanding of where you're coming from before I throw in my two cents.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Curious Skunk Ape]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curious Skunk Ape

Originally posted by chukabuka

First of all let me say you guys put together a fairly interesting read. Chukabuka do you mind explaining this to me a little further I've heard this before, but don't really know where these accusations came from and what they are based on. I'd like to get a better understanding of where you're coming from before I throw in my two cents.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Curious Skunk Ape]

Hi both

Well, its a long story, an i is writin a book as they say, but there's so much stuff, it's hard to keep it all together. 15 years is a long time to chase after an idea.

I know the arguments about 1 and 1 are two etc, but the point i was making is that the guy uses the word UNDERSTAND, as if he himself actually understands it, but he doesn't.

What is there to stand under? I can grasp undertake, underpass, underground, but understand? Is it to do with feet? Or what.

I too am no christian, well, not in any sense that is generally understood, but i had to make a comment about that word, because so many violent christians have used it to scare others into joining their little scared bands.

The actual, real, absolute, for-the-very-first-time-in-public-folks truth will be apparent to anyone who reads the general drift of the New testment Book of Revelation, and knows a smattering of Latin and Greek:

The whole thing is said to be written on a Greek isle. Therein lies the key.

* the main character is a lamb, it symbolizes Christ.

* The words alpha and omega are common threads, so too is the use of little books and writing.

* Chapter 13, verse 18 tells us that wisdom is in that verse,

* it then goes on to say that only someone who has understanding can count
the number of the beast. (Scary words keep out nosy plebs.) It seems that it is also the number of a man. (OoooH really scared now.)

* Then we are told about the antiChrist etc etc.

But, if the lamb is Christ, it must surely follow that antiChrist is the same as antilamb.

As I said, the key is in the isle of Patmos, Greece. Every eye sees it, but it is a trivial thing next to the beasts, blood, death, whoremongers, sorcerers, Whores of Babylon, red dragons, cities made of precious stones, the four horsemen, and so on and so forth. No wonder the key is overlooked.

I stop, and let you absorb. Where am I wrong up to here?

regards all.

top topics

join