It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Permits to have children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Who else thinks that new/existing parents should have to apply for a permit to be able to have children? There are far too many kids born into unstable homes, with abusive parents etc. The story of the 12 yr old father here in the UK for example, that child doesn't have a hope in hell.

The same criteria used when adopting a child should be used when people have conceived or a planning to have a child.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think you are gonna find alot of people will disagree

That is a basic human right

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Limiting the amount of children two people can have is something you would see in china or something.

That kind of thing doesnt go well over here because people consider it a violation of human rights, and it is.

China in the past has KILLEd off children because they thought the parents had too many. Often they would kill the girl(because of a belief that girls wernt as important as boys)

Something such as a permit for having children would NEVER go over around here.

It goes against human rights and it would not stop people from having sex and getting pregnant any way.

Such a thing will never be implented because it just could not be enforced. What are you going to do to people who have sex and get pregnant with out a permit? What do you propose we do with the baby? Abort it? wait untill its born then kill it?

This is all about limiting how many children people can have no?

This just wont work. It is unrealistic and unenforcable because enforcing it would violate our rights!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
well if already pregnant then could either be aborted or put into an adoption system. Isn't it against human rights to let a child be brought up badly? the human rights of the unsuitable parents seem to be thoroughly considered in your posts but not the rights of the child that has to grow up in the environment the parents create

No it's not really about limiting how many children a couple may have, if they are deemed fit enough, i don't think of it as a permit for each child but a permit for the parents. So if they are deemed fit too have one then they can have as many as they want. This is about putting a stop to children being brought up in unstable environments

[edit on 5-3-2009 by fubar1985]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I also think prospective parents should sit a written test.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fubar1985

Is someone from the government going to follow around people 24/7? Did that 12 year old boy plan on being a father when he decided to just "fool around"? We just need to make sure to talk to our adolescent children when they reach 10 years old (and sometimes earlier).

Or do you want to go the Rockefeller route with a eugenics program of forced sterilization? That was done in the early 20th Century, and the Supreme Court ruled in favor of it.

With those memos coming out about how to stop the First and Fourth Amendments, I am sure they would of came out with something on who could or could not have children.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well no, you wouldn't need government officials following people around 24/7 and i'm not advocating forced sterilization but letting people who obviously are incapable of raising children is pretty much disgusting, so everyone should have to be put through the same scrutiny as the people who wish to adopt. And as for the 12 year old, i think you're right he probably didn't think of the consequences when he was "fooling around" which is stupid to be honest as in this country we get sex ed at school at the age of 11, but when it comes to the baby being born and the young 12 year old father saying things such as "we thought it'd be a good idea" "we'll take good care of the baby" and "i'll be a good father" then you have to realize that something really needs to change.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Are you thinking of any geographic area?

Is this a hidden agenda to control the population of, say, the Welsh or something?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
LOL i love the welsh, it's 80% percent of the english that bother me

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So is it a global idea that you have?

I don't think that we should have to register our children however and I would not be at all happy with the government involved in my procration considerations in any shape or form.

I can imagine the protests in the streets now. I could see massive legal disputes and racial issues.

Maybe the government could put it in the water along with the fluoride.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That would be a breach of basic human rights...

Even though we see on the news broadcasts of children being beaten to death, raped, tortured, it is not their fault that they are being abused.

Perhaps it is the abusers that need to be either castrated or punished, children have a right to live, and parents have a right to have their own children without any interference from governments.

It is not the fact of people having children that is the issue here, but those that abuse them. They need to be held accountable for their acts, and if it is a hard punishment dealt out to them then it may deter other "potential" abusers.

I think world wide our legal systems are too lenient on child abusers. We need to change the law. Not stop parents from having children or changing human rights.

It is a shame that schools do not hold classes on teaching 'future' parents on parenthood (and that includes both boys and girls). At least I did not have this when I went to highschool. Family is the basic and most important core of any society. Once the family fails. So does our society.

MW31

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

How would this be enforced? Making them take a test will not stop them from having sex. Are you advocating forced birth control? I think many parents would not want their young adolescent children being forced to take birth control.

I do agree with you there are many people who should never reproduce. Although, it should be noted that most really ugly couples have beautiful children. I am not the only one who noticed that one.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
lol i'm not concerned about ugly people having kids, i'm only concerned if they're financially unstable i.e not employed, mentally unstable, not in a solid relationship or abuse drugs/alcohol

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

and how do you deal with stable marriages, stable financial situations at the time of child birth which turn out to become divorce and as a result welfare dependens at the age of 8 or 10 of the child?

even if you are single parent you can care for your child
even if you got less or few money - you can care for your child and love him or her

taking a written test won.t prepare you for the reality to live with a child
and even child #1 prepares you for child #2

you just have to accept that your offsprings are individuals and react differently just like yourself!

having children and sex is not only a human right, it is a biological necessity.
and to restrain it for certain people and allow a certain circle of humans to reproduce might lead to genetic problems in the future.

and who will be the one who will decide?
even those whom we might choose to be worthy to reproduce might be regarded as unworthy in the eyes of our neighbors.
it will lead to a multiple class society and to civil war, to crime and hiding.

having kids is a challenge.

it is essential to start SE as soon as the kids start to ask.
even 3 or 4 yo are capable to ask where babies come from and than provide answers suitable for their age.
we need to make our kids strong by giving them the information they want and need.
parents should be able and not to shy to answer questions. and parents should be prepared that their kids might start sexual relationships at a time we the parents don.t expect it.

the sexual desire can.t usually be controlled by mere will power.
but the more knowledge somebody has the more responsibility can be taken for a certain subject.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think more education about world population is the only thing we can do.

And creating cities and building that are designed to handle large populations.

And maybe creating new land on the seas.

Then were off to space! haha

top topics

join