It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my 'plan'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
things are not looking any better job wise as they were a week ago or a week before that.
the temp services are not calling me back. none of the places i have applied at are getting back to me.
looks like it is going to be fast food for me. i really was trying to avoid this at all costs cause in my opinion it is the most terrible job there is. it is very hard work and you don't get paid much at all.
that said, i am in dire straights and i have to do it now. i only have a couple of bills that i need to keep up with so i am good there.
my plan is to bank as much money as possible doing the fast food thing and then join the truck driving school. the school is 5 grand and the classses are 3 weeks. i figure in 6 months i can probably save that much.
then i will be on school my september and hopefully hired somewhere by october. then i can get maybe a month or two driving experience under my belt before the bad weather hits.

as for after that...just going to live out of my truck as much as possible and be alone. my sons mother is selling her house and they don't know exactly what area they are moving to. i am going to wait till they move and then try and rent a small 1 bedroom or an efficiency close to them as my 'home base' for when i am not on the road. i figure i will be home 1 or 2 days out of the week at most. if i am close enough to the kid it will increase my chances of being able to see him.

if all else fails i alway have a place to crash at my moms house even though i don't want to. either way though i should be able to save most of my money. i have a small bill i owe the irs for back taxes and i owe some child support so hopefully i can shovel money into those as well.

i figure if i drive 'over the road' for 10 years then i should be able to secure a job with a company driving locally. hell, maybe i can even relocate and get me out of ohio. by then my son will be grown and he could come with if he wants to.

so, that is the plan for the thing fish

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Sounds good,
Just stick with it whatever they throw at you.

I took a temp job on a land refill site in the middle of winter,just to buy my first instruments.
(I actually loved it,playing around with machinery in the open air,smell of rotting veggies etc wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.)

Just gotta keep thinking about WHY you 're doing the thing,and not how you feel about it.

It's a means to a bigger step.
Best of British.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

funny you mention that. the landfill round here is hiring for a laborer and i applied for that job today. imo it is better than fast food. fast food is the worst there is...at least in my opinion...
it is damn hard work for not that much money. i would rather do just about anything than work fast food. plus those places make you keep crazy hours these days. they open at like 5am which means you have to be there at 4 and they don't close till 3 am which means you are there till 4.
it sucks. on your feet all day busy as hell. i am not looking forward to it but alas, i am gonna do it. i am now to the point where i don't have a choice. i am gonna go throw in some spplications tomorrow.
starting with pizza joints, then arbys and kfc, then bk, then mcdonalds...
we'll see how it goes.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Paycheck is a paycheck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What about stock/service work with major retailers? Pays the same as fast food, but much easier....

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i am having a hard time due to the way i look. i have tattoos everywhere and people are not digging it at all. i will keep putting in applications and see what happens. i would like to get into a warehouse or something. i would much rather sling materials all day than do fast food. fast food is the worst man.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

The market at the moment is a very fickle one. Finding a job isn't going to be easy. The best thing you can do is to try to hit all of the places that you can, and call them back regularly. This shows them initiative on your part.

Either way this goes, keep us updated man. We're all pulling for ya. Just post any new info in here, so that we can track the progression more easily, ok?

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

new topics

top topics

join