It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Further Proof That The Octo-mom can't handle all those kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes, I know that most are sick of hearing about her.

But, this really convinced me that she does not have all her
oars in the water.

This is a 911 call she made in 2008 when she thought one of her
kids was missing.

Yes, I know it is reasonable/expected for a mother to be upset under those
conditions. But, this is more than that.

She does not react well in a crisis.

www.radaronline.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You won't hear me say this very much but I truley think that the babies need to be adopted out. She and her family are not in a postion to take care of them.

Especially with several already with disabilities.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You think thats bad, a mother over here had octuplets, and she already had 6 kids before that. And guess what, she is a single mother and all kids are products of IVF.

She still lives with her parents, has no job, and her excuse for having more IVF, despite having a large number of kids already, was that she didnt want the rest of her eggs to go to waste.

Now hows that for stupidity

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You think thats bad, a mother over here had octuplets, and she already had 6 kids before that. And guess what, she is a single mother and all kids are products of IVF.

She still lives with her parents, has no job, and her excuse for having more IVF, despite having a large number of kids already, was that she didnt want the rest of her eggs to go to waste.

Now hows that for stupidity

I believe we're talking about the same woman.

and yes I saw that on CNN Showbiz Tonight this morning. I for one am glad that the hospital is thinking about not letting her take the children home because they are worried she wont be able to give them the care they need.

Did you hear she turned down free life time care for all the children because she wants a reality show?
That just pisses me off.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Actually I think you might be right

Soemone told me it was an Australian woman

Thanks for that

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaydie

Originally posted by Zaydie
But, this really convinced me that she does not have all her
oars in the water.

Yes, I know it is reasonable/expected for a mother to be upset under those
conditions. But, this is more than that.

She does not react well in a crisis.

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?

I'd be just the same.

In fact, this call convinces me that she at least really LOVES her children...and this thread convinces me that fundamentally some people if given half the chance would make great tyrants.

Yes, her judgment is suspect, but this call is certainly NOT evidence of THAT, imo.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't need any evidence to know that that sick, demented woman cannot possibly take adequate care of 14 children under the age of 7 -- there is simply no way it is possible. It would be nearly impossible even if she had all the money in the world and helpers galore for a single mom to provide enough attention and emotional support to all those children.

This situation is the most pathetic thing I have heard of in my life. Someone somewhere should be prosecuted for the injustice inlficted on these poor children. I frankly think most of them should be adopted out ASAP!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I tend to think that no single mom, or even anything but an extraordinary couple, could possibly do a very good job raising that many children. Unfortunately I haven't seen any solid evidence yet that she can't handle it. I think social services ought to watch her like a hawk and be ready to step in when/if it becomes clear that she's not up to the job.

Unlike a lot of folks though I'm not slamming her for that. No one could do that job........

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by total_slacker
No one could do that job........

Exactly.

The situation is less than ideal. But is 'less than ideal' sufficient grounds for the state to forcibly remove her children?

Think carefully, people. Certain legal rationales have broad implications.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I read an article today that the police and social services have been to her house on several occasions. She is a sick woman who is only trying to garner attention (which sadly she is receiving) at the expense of 14 innocent kids and taxpayers. I pray for those poor little ones.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I am sure that social workers must have a fairly well-defined set of criteria they could use to judge whether the well-being of the children was sufficiently threatened to justify taking them away. I would hope they would, considering the public scrutiny of this situation, stick very closely to accepted guidelines and neither ignore the family, nor be too quick to rush in.

For example, are the kids being properly fed, clothed, and educated? Is their health being properly attended to? If (and I believe it is only a matter of time) it becomes clear that she isn't capable of properly caring for them, and the lack of adequate parenting is extreme enough, then that would be the time to remove some or all of them from her care.

Similar judgements are made all the time, just usually not on so large a scale.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I never said she didn't love her kids. But, listening to her on that call (and from
what I have seen on tv) she does not seem to be a rational and mentally balanced person. It doesn't take a "tyrant" to see what is obvious. I feel sorry for her but mostly I feel sorry for those kids. I don't think she is the type that would mistreat her kids but she is not capable of caring for them. And, love is wonderful but if it goes hand in hand with mental instability, it can still cause long term emotional harm.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...://seriouslyomg.com/

yet further proof,

I am ashamed and sorry for posting this, but it is funny, well sad and funny, sorry I apologize.

top topics

join