It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 03/04: The end of the war in Iraq is not near.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Ron Paul 03/04: The end of the war in Iraq is not near.

www.youtube.com

March 4, 2009
Ron Paul
Congressional Floor

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
He really brings up some excellent points here.
Does anyone know of mercenaries staying in Iraq or not?

"A US puppet govt. protected by 50 thousand american soldiers is NOT the road to piece"

So very true!!!

America arms shiite militants?

I did not know this!!!!!
Anyone got any more information on this?
I would like to know more. I remember reading an article on MSNBC that they later took off that america was arming insurgents, but shiite militants I did not know of.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh I love Ron Paul like a teacher who tells you the truth no matter what.

He is correct you know. We will never, ever, ever totally be out of Iraq. We will sustain a military presence there for atleast another 50 to 60 years.
The US leaders believe we have invested to much into that country to leave it to themselves. That is correct on one part. We have invested way to much into that country but as a sovereign nation they deserve to govern themselves. It is their right and liberty to do so. Having the US troops there is just a slap in their faces.

I for one want ALL US troops out of Iraq by 2010, even if they start fighting among themselves after we leave.

It is not our place to police the world anymore.

I just wish the politicans could see it that way...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yes we did arm the Shiites ModernAcademia. Our military impressed them so much in the early days of the way that they decided to fight for us not against us.

Truth be told, we would not have had this much success in Iraq if it wasnt for them.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

oh baloney.
We'll be out of Iraq very soon. I mean look at Korea, we finished up, and we're gone. And After WWII..we pulled our people from the European Countries, and from Japan. And look at all the money we're saving.

wait...

Sorry, that was some parallel Universe I was thinking of.
I apologize.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

oh baloney.
We'll be out of Iraq very soon. I mean look at Korea, we finished up, and we're gone. And After WWII..we pulled our people from the European Countries, and from Japan. And look at all the money we're saving.

wait...

Sorry, that was some parallel Universe I was thinking of.
I apologize.

We all wish we were living there. I know I do. Green pastures, world peace, economic stability... oh lets not forget the aliens landed and gave us immortality!

*deep breath* ahhh! Imagination! At least in my fantasy world it's grimlins and not the government out to kill me.

top topics

join