It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Israel a 'Cancer,' Holocaust a 'Big Lie'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Iran: Israel a 'Cancer,' Holocaust a 'Big Lie'

www.foxnews.com

Iran's leader said on Wednesday that President Barack Obama is pursuing the same "wrong path" as his predecessor George W. Bush in supporting Israel and described the Jewish state as a "cancerous tumor."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/4/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
More blows coming from Iran towards Israel...

"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who previously drew fury from the West by saying the Holocaust was a "myth," told the conference: "The story of the Holocaust, a nation without a homeland and a homeland without a nation ... are the big lies of our era."

Shows you how ignorant this man continues to be.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So you're trusting a Fox News story as being absolute truth?

Kind shows your own ignorance friend. Not to offend, but there has been a campaign gonig on for the past 10 years to paint Iran as the bad guys, and the next to fall in the supposed "Axis of Evil".

This is simply a continuatin of this program.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

not that i like fox news or read their articles as its mostly full of biased BS,
didnt the Iranian Leader just question the Numbers in the holocaust?
and so waht israel is a Big pain to the US and most others in the Middle east in the way it acts (not saying the others arent any saints them selves)

also

The US and Israel pretty much throw hot air at Iran alot, Sanctions,
and threats of attack from Isreal

Hitlery did say the US could wipe Iran off the MAP

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Fox News is just the source. These are direct words from Iran's president. Not mine. Not Fox's.

Even if it is edited to look fear-mongering-ish...The man still insists on the destruction of Israel. Not that I support Iran or Israel but when you go around telling people another country is a cancer and deny the fact that over 6 million people died...its irresponsible and a diluted perception.

[edit on 3/4/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

You don't know if those are his direct words or not. The man doesn't make his statements in English, therefore much easier for the interpreters to falsefy the information.

Although I agree that kind of rhetoric does not help a country, and if those words were spoken then he's truly an idiot. But it remains to be said that this campaign to paint Iran as a rogue state has been going on too long for me to trust anything that comes out of the MMS when it comes to things he's said or even things he's done.

If I dont' see it live, I don't trust it. And even then it would still be a translation open for interpretation.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
And so what do you think israel say about Iran - not that i need to ask cos you know the answer.
Only thing is you know which one is going to act on there words -israel

So now which country looks like its seeking genocide?

[edit on 4/3/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is actually getting kinda old. There's too much pointless chest-pumping between the two countries, and while I'm not saying there should be a war, why hasn't either side had the nuts to act on their words. It's grown quite obvious that neither wants peace between the two, so what's holding them back?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Kind shows your own ignorance friend. Not to offend, but there has been a campaign gonig on for the past 10 years to paint Iran as the bad guys, and the next to fall in the supposed "Axis of Evil".

~Keeper

Odd, the Iranian press is also saying the same thing. Are they part of this 'campaign?'
link

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Valid point and trust me...I'm no fan of Fox News.

I never stated Iran was evil and an axis state...Just the leader. I'm not worried about what Iran will or won't do, the real problem is provoking Israel to strike. I don't think Iran could ever establish an abrasive attack on Israel and win but Israel does have the power to wipe Iran off the map at any moment seeing as how they are doing whatever they wish without regard for anyone really.

The summary of this all is tensions are rising yet again. Your sick of reading rhetoric about Iran- thats because there is always a new speech from this man about his hate for israel and essentially now us. I sincerely doubt that this has been mis-translated as I'm sure someone can translate...It'd be hard to mistranslate "Israel is a cancer and the holocaust never existed"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can see were he is coming from, and if there are his words, pritty strong, but like everyone has already stated, the heat has been at boiling point for a wile.

If you look at the history of isreal, it has been expanding and pushing palastiniens out for years. I think the cancer referance could be this, as cancer spreads.

About the holocost, the word "deny" is being thrown around too much in this area. People have lost there jobs and friends over this statement, when all their doing is debating the number of deaths that happend. It is well known that it is impossible to find out the number of deaths, and all these people are trying to do is say you cant keep saying 6 millions without knowing how many they were, and refuse to listen to anyone who questions to debate. Its a huge viiolation of free speach as well as free thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I love how everyone thinks fox is such bs. However when they mention fema death camps or agree with one of your views it is fact. BTW I doubt fox is making this up. That guy is complete nutjob. Just saw steve's post. I am sure they are in on it with the American Media. Come on steve, everything Ahmadinejad says is peaceful and loving.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by tide88]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

Odd, the Iranian press is also saying the same thing. Are they part of this 'campaign?'
link

Obviously the Iranian Press is owned by Fox News. We all know that any story using Fox News as a source should immediately be ridiculed and discarded because it makes us look smarter.

Seriously - I just want to punch people right in the face for their sheer stupidity when they discredit the entire story simply because it's "Fox News". If Fox News carries it and it's not a blog, I'll bet you I can find it on at least one other mainstream media site.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

The Iranian press is also subject to the same kind of corruption we see here in the MSM. They are no different, state run or not.

As for the countries not acting upon their words and actually doing something. It boils down to fear and cost. Fear because the US really does not know the capabilities of Iran or it's allies (Syria etc.).

Further more such a large scale military campaign would cost money and lots of it, not to mention all of the UN reprocussions that would come along with.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Isn't Ahmadinejad up for election this year? Sounds like politics as usual to me.

Edit: Yup, an election this year in Iran:

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4-3-2009 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Further more such a large scale military campaign would cost money and lots of it, not to mention all of the UN reprocussions that would come along with.
That is a good one. UN reprocussions. Seeing that the USA funds 22% of the UN I highly doubt their would be any reprocussion.

In 2005, Bush appointed John R. Bolton to the position of Acting U.S. Ambassador to the UN; Bolton had made several statements critical of the UN, including saying, in 1994, "There is no such thing as the United Nations. There is only the international community, which can only be led by the only remaining superpower, which is the United States."

What would these reprocussions be?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Good point, I forgot about the whole Bush/UN fiasco during the war in Iraq. I think you're correct the UN would probably not do a thing unless Humanitarian War Crimes were involved.

The cost of running that campaign paired with Iraq and Afghanistan would be far too much for them to justify though.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think that if the USA decided to go to war with Iran there wouldnt be an occupation. Maybe just fly some jets or shoot some missles in there to destroy their Nuclear Power Plant. It would be quite cheap and I seriously doubt Iran would respond, unless they are suicidal that is. Still dont think it is going to happen though. At least I hope not.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think we can all agree that the president and governments of both Iran and Israel are just as corrupt and psychotic as the ones in the U.S., England, etc.

A small psychotic group of men run this world, and all these "independent" presidents are actually puppets on the stage.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

You make a good point, but you have to remember that they would not only be dealing with Iran in this, but with Irans allies. These other nations have nuclear weapons and any threat against muslims as a whole could spark the kind of tensions that would create a very big military confrontation.

There are too many factors, too many reprocussions in the world of foreign policy for them to act first. If they want Iran to burn to the ground they need Iran to start this conflict to give them a reason to go there.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

join