It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warnings in Time: LHC, Blackholes And Space Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
With the LHC now months from being turned on. Lots of people worry about a possible black hole or other catastrophe. I am left wondering if we did create a black hole large enough to do us damage wouldn't we see evidence of it in the past as it right now?

Is the odd happenings, earthquake swarms, increased volcanic activity related to use colliding partials at the LHC? I know we have some very intelligent people that visit ATS so if anyone knows how far in advance the time distorting effects of a black hole could be predicted please let us know.

What kind of happenings do you think we would see here in the past before we created a black hole? How far from the source would time be warped?

Could we see evidence and change history by deciding not to turn it on?

I will be back in a few hours to join this discussion

X

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well i see what your getting at, but i wouldnt worry.
Fermilab in the US may well get there first.

At the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science earlier this month, scientists from the suburban Chicago-based Fermilab said that there is a “very, very good chance that we will see hints of the Higgs before the LHC will

www.findingdulcinea.com... cience/2009/feb/American-Lab-May-Discover-God-Particle-Before-LHC.html

I mean this thing has been operating longer doing the same research and hasnt caused any blackholes.
All this concern about the LHC is misguided.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
lol i remember when fermilab was upset because they were about to be second to cern.

then i found out after cern was having all their problems, that fermilab BUILT IT ALL. at least the important pieces that went into cern.

so cerns equipment was built by their biggest (and already running) competitor, FERMILAB.

and the higgs particle is the prize for only one to win.

looks like fermilabs attempts at tossing sabos in the way has payed off......

OR WILL THEY KILL US ALL!!!????

tune in next week to "THE END OF THE WORLD pt15"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

In explorative science, there are no competitors. Only those who help each other. It's the same relationship the NASA shares with the ESA.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You know, I'm really looking forward to the formal activation of this Large Hadron Collider

They say Tom Hanks will do the honors!

I'd be willing to bet, that nothing catastrophic will happen come summer time. But there will be an amazing discovery or two in my opinion.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they were to tap into another realm or dimension, perhaps even open a door to some friendly visitors
Now that would be awesome. But looking at it from a more 'conspiratorial' perspective, if that were to actually happen, I doubt that such news would immediately leak out so to speak.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

lol not when talking about fermilab and cern.

Only ONE of them can discover the higgs particle. do a little more digging. science shouldnt be competitive, but it is. otherwise grant money would go to everyone equally, which obviously it isnt.

edit: figured id post proof before you come back with none again.

competition:
philosophyofscienceportal.blogspot.com...

www.wtop.com...

www.gizmodo.com.au...

fermilab built their stuff:
cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

cerncourier.com...

see i told you... gosh!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, we are getting really close to turning this thing on.

Large Hadron Colider

Cool Down Status

Cern sets new schedule for LHC startup

Cern, in a press release, provided details as well as the new startup date: “The new schedule foresees first beams in the LHC at the end of September this year, with collisions following in late October.

Anyone see anything unusual going on in relation to a black hole being in our near future? Seems quakes are lower this year.

top topics

join