It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless technologies, is it all that safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Found this video here about cellphones and radiation and wireless technologies. The link starts a playlist.

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in NWO conspiracies, any policy on making dual threads in this fashion?

I'm thinking I should start to ditch my cellphone, laptop and what not.

Anyways hope you enjoy

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'm not buying it. After all the studies, there is no conclusive proof that cell phone radiation and such causes cancer. A world without radio technologies would be a pretty crappy and boring world anyway. In the off chance that there's some danger, I think I'd rather take the risk. And it doesn't mean you can't take all the preventive measures and still end up with cancer anyway. (Not that it's a bad idea to avoid dangerous things, but you can only do so much without lowering the quality of life) Also, this is coming from somewhat of a hypochondriac.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The bottom line is over exposure to high-frequency radio transmissions is not a good thing and you should limit it as much as possible. While the power of some consumer electronics might not be anything when compared to say a microwave dish on a TV station tower, one should still be wary of the implications.

Also if you want have a look at this OSHA page, has several links to information regarding the health issues with radio wave exposure

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Best thing you can do is limit your exposure.

Airplane mode or turn off the cellphone when you don't need it. Don't leave it on in cars (changing transmitters all the time during journey).

WLAN cards damn.. I've been around in the largest WLAN in the southern hemisphere for over 8 years now, 3 years spent fixing computers next to about 30 servers in this WLAN network.... I can't stand it anymore and I'm quitting soon.
WLAN is usually lower power than a cellphone but they transmit all the time, that's the kicker. So overall you're probably getting a similar amount of radiation in comparison to a cellphone being texted from often.
I find WLAN to be damn unreliable and prefer cable.. if you have the chance don't get a wlan router get a cable and use it - it's faster for local file transfers and much much more reliable and secure.

Computers have hard drives which are a magnetic storage medium.. they throw out lots of EMF due to their nature. Electromagnetic storage. Power supplies same thing again.

[edit on 4/3/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My friend is doing a documentary on the cell phones -
We are being hit up in many ways -
not good for our nervous systems -

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Dont worry there is no threat from normal devices. These waves are all around us and have been since beginning of time, we just know how to control them better now.

But as stated just dont sleep in a microwave antennae and you will be fine.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
For the most part, we are transparent to radio frequencies of this sort. They will pass clear through us without transferring energy. Without transference of energy you can't affect the matter in question.

High amounts of this (like hugging a broadcasting node) however will energize the surroundings regardless of presence of matter to be affected. So hanging out on a long range broadcasting tower isn't advisable.

... but I don't know many people who find broadcasting towers to be the 'cool' place to hang out. Not to mention climbing them is illegal, and you'll probably get electrocuted.

Your cell phones broadcasting capability doesn't have the energy necessary to do this, those waves will pass through you as if you weren't there.

For good measure though, if you do work around high amplitude RF, don't ground yourself. You will become a natural path to ground, not an efficient one, but a path to ground regardless.

The likelihood of getting cancer from a cell phone? I can't see it happening.

Cancer is the result of live cells being "corrupted" by the process of decomposition of dead cells nearby, being consumed by various forms of fungus. At which point the corrupted cells over-reproduce.

Two factors have to be increased in order to fear an increased chance of cancer. Dead cells to be consumed near live cells... and fungal spores (which are everywhere).
The nature of cancer being that you can get it naturally anyways... no matter what you do. It's luck of the draw.

But anything that increases the rate of cell destruction, or induces larger quantities of spores into your body, will in effect increase your chances of getting cancer.

Your body will always have dead cells trapped inside, and fungal spores are everywhere, they are what is responsible for the decomposition process.

Cell phones have not been linked to the destruction of cells in the body, nor are they capable of inducing larger numbers of spores into your body than is already present... so the likelihood of cellphones increasing your risk of cancer shouldn't be present.

For an example, tobacco commonly endures yeast based processes when manufactured etc which inherently carries large numbers of spores responsible for beginning the decomposition process. The tar suffocates some of the cells in your lungs, killing them, the fungi begins to decompose those cells, and occasionally corrupts nearby living cells... those corrupted cells go on to over-produce, which is what we see as a tumor.

Colon cancer occurs because of the extreme abundance of decomposition fungi present in our feces, and the high concentration of dead bio-matter to be decomposed.
It starts with a cut, nick, or tear in the colon wall... the rest, well, is pretty self evident. Fungi, lots of food, right next to living cells... corrupted cells.

You don't always end up with cancer of course. Naturally the fungi don't try to metabolize living cells, they only go after dead cells... but occasionally errors occur... and occasionally those errors result in a corrupted cell.

However, the effects of someone being grounded (you become an antenna) and exposed to constant bombardment has not been tried to my knowledge, so there still may be some effect on the nervous system (which is a natural pathway for energy flow), but I can't see it having an effect on the destruction of cells which is what is necessary for an increased chance of cancer.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by scratchmane

You have heard the saying “proof of the pudding is in the eating” well this is similar we wont know only time will tell. The early phones were high radiators the new ones are better controlled and also have better receiver sensitivity and so to do the cell’s. What does this mean, well funny enough the receiver sensitivity is highly relevant even though the transmitter does the damage. The more sensitive the cell receivers are the less power your cell phone needs to transmit. If you’re far from a cell then your phone will transmit at a higher power you can often tell because your ear will warm up. Yes RF does damage it really does and is an accumulative problem so the more you use the more you accumulate.

If there ever is a problem then in around twenty years time we are in real trouble we wont have enough hospitals to cope.

MJ2

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Technology already has been made that uses no wires, no towers, no provider and most important no electric smog-pollution. It works whether you are in a cave or on top of a mountain...it even works if you're on mars. It works INSTANTANEOUS.

It has been tested and proven to work. It's based on resonating vibration and the German theory of global scaling of Hartmann Müller. Please research it and don't be ignorant.

Now look at the advantages again and you'll see exactly why this hasn't been made commercial yet. Helloooo this would be an interstellar walkie-talkie where telephone companies are made absolute over night.

This world is filled with greed and corruption. People's health is not in that agenda.

Edit: I just found a relevant thread on ATS about this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It gives you another nice reason why this technology is absolute forbidden.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by broli]

new topics

top topics

join