It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Government Is Listening To You.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Carbon Monoxide Detector Contained Listening Device.

Hello everyone, Id like to start this thread with a disclaimer of responsibility to peoples actions which may occur due to ignorance to warnings left at the end of this post.

Back in summer 2001 I made a shocking discovery,(as I'm new to ATS I didn't know where to tell my story)Ive never looked at the world in the same since! It all started when I was at a friends house doing the usual when our conversation was interrupted by a screaming carbon monoxide detector! (funny thing was she had no gas) I soon realized there was no way of stopping it, removing the battery's or screws to open it up so I proceeded to smash the living daylights out of it with a hammer. It soon became apparent the material in which it was manufactured was almost next to indestructible, so had to get out a much bigger hammer! After about 15-20 minutes of belting it, it finally cracked and I was able to pries the rest it open with my hands, and that's when I discovered a tiny microphone in a silvery metal jacket with the top end lined with sum sort of felt, exactly the same you would expect to find in a modern day mobile phone. I also found what looked like a coil of copper wire (antenna) spiraled round a plastic cylinder shaped piece of plastic, which I couldn't find reasonable cause for.

If anybody else has found anything similar please post to let us know as my friends one may have been the only one rigged up with a bug. thanks

DISCLAIMER!!!

Carbon monoxide detectors save lives.
I do not except any responsibility for any loss of carbon monoxide detectors, death or damage caused due to your actions.
Do not destroy or tamper with your carbon monoxide detector unless you have a backup or spare, approved by your own countries laws and standards.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sorry dude, micro mics don't use a felt windscreen it reduces the pick up ability of an omni directional unit. Never had a problem disassembling my detector units in my families houses either. What model are you supposedly talking about?

Gotta call ya out and say that unless you got some pics to back it up, your just not making a good tale.

Please Prove me wrong...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The closest one I could find is similar looking to the EN50291 model. I'm being 100% honest I swear it. We threw the remains of it away as we weren't sure whether or not it would be classed as criminal damage. I wouldn't lie about something like this, plus I haven't got the imagination to make up a good tale like this, I wish I did. It made me understand the real meaning of PARANOIA.

Edited to correct spelling.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by paulcottrell84]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
How does this make it a Government operation?

There are more rational explanations as to how/why a microphone was installed in that device.

Why is it always automatically THE GOVERNMENT behind these things?

I fail to comprehend this rationale.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by paulcottrell84
1= so had to get out a much bigger hammer!
1= After about 15-20 minutes of belting it,

2= I was able to pries the rest it open with my hands

?? Don't you find that 1 is totaly contradictory to 2 ??

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Simple. The Government provided the detector free of charge.

Could be a possible switch with a modded version though.
Hence the reason I posted here to see if anyone else knows anything about them.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Please enlighten me as to which official Governmental agency issued, installed and contracted this device.

I'm DYING to know.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I don't understand how its contradictory.

1) I belted it with a bigger hammer.

2) After about 15-20 minutes of repeatedly impacting it with a bigger hammer I pried it open with my hands.

Sorry had to edit to make myself a bit more clearer.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

Why not Google it and see which agency's give them out for free!
I heard Guantanamo was a rough place

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well I would - but you see...

I'm not the one making a thread with extraordinary claims.

The burden of proof lies upon you, friend.

I thought is was a simple question, considering you already claim to know without a doubt the GOVERNMENT was behind it.

Are you now telling me I have to research what you ALREADY CLAIM TO KNOW?

That's slightly odd.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
S&F for ya for the courage to come out with the info.

So the device is sealed then? as in plastic welded together or you didn't want to take the time to figure out where the screw were because of the noise it was making and wanted to shut it down quickly?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Well I would - but you see...

I'm not the one making a thread with extraordinary claims.

The burden of proof lies upon you, friend.

I thought is was a simple question, considering you already claim to know without a doubt the GOVERNMENT was behind it.

I am sorry General, but like I said, I threw the evidence away, it was a long time ago now so I how can I possibly prove it I know. I just thought if somebody else out there has found the same thing, but maybe to afraid to say (must admit it took me a few days to pluck up the courage lol) then maybe that would be my proof.
I have since opened another one and found nothing alike.
one off maybe...not sure.
Another thing I should mention, maybe it was not my Government. It could be any Government suppose. Or the the original could have been switched by someone nothing to do with the Government at all. I honestly DO NOT KNOW.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This reminds me of the post claiming their was a government mic inside one of the new digital TV receivers. Maybe that mic was there to detect the CO2.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't mean to snoop.

By the way were you serious the other day about that donkey?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
S&F for ya for the courage to come out with the info.

So the device is sealed then? as in plastic welded together or you didn't want to take the time to figure out where the screw were because of the noise it was making and wanted to shut it down quickly?

It started because the noise yes, but I was surprised by how tough it was and how the hammer just seemed to bounce off it.
At first I thought there was no screws until I finally got it open and realized the holes for the screws had been filled in with what looked like some sort of resin that matched the color of the detector. The detector was also clipped together same way most plastic toys are etc and possibly strong glue, strong enough to melt the plastic and weld it slightly you could say.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I believe that you had one of the special government models there. I believe fully well they do this kind of thing and wonder if its only on a certain portion of them or if all are like this. Would like to hear from any others who would examine this item.

I notice that on every single phone call I make now, someone picks up. Its a private line, with a corded phone, and our other phone is often in its stand while i hear the click. They don't even bother hiding it any more. I sure hope its not some kind of crossed wire every time this happens, which now is daily, because the poor person on the other end gets quite a lecture about the government, the nazis, the cartel, the bloodlines, the renegades and nwo and how its going down.
I even tell them we'll be getting something organized soon too, because you are committing treason. And ask them to get in my face, as I really have something to say, face to face.

Starred and flagged. My advice is to keep them on their toes and give them some real information.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well....I'm convinced!

How bout all you?

I gotta find out this brand and invest in it, if they were building near indestructible microphone embedded detectors back in 2001 then by now they must have zero point energy powered holographic projectors in them with RFID enabled data transmission and voice to skull tech warning alarm ....right?

Guess we learn something new everyday don't we....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Thank you mystiq, finally someone who believes me and believes this sort of thing does happen I understand it sounds a bit far fetched to some people, but I know it is true because I've seen it to believe it, Also someone I know of had his apartment bugged by the Police. It eventually all came out in the open, and 2 or 3 months of documents were released containing all the conversations and other noises made in that time, I personally read through most of it myself, they even went into fine audible details like (scratching noises, door opening, door closing etc). One thing that was never mentioned was the true whereabouts of the device. Rumor has it, it was in the apartment bellow.
I asked if he had a carbon monoxide detector, he said he got one for free.
mmmm...I thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

You don't have to believe me, I don't mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join