It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America providing guns to Mexican Drug Cartels? Maybe not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Really not even sure where to start with this I'm so PO'd.

With the constant barrage against our 2A rights, I think more people should be aware that taking away gun ownership from law abiding US citizens will not, I repeat, will not solve the problem we're seeing with the Mexican drug cartels.

First, watch this video if you haven't already seen it and tell me how someone with the money and the desire isn't going to find a way to get their hands on whatever weapons they're looking for?

Just to clarify, I'm NOT saying there is a direct link between Pakistan and Mexico, I'm simply stating that the types of weapons being confiscated in Mexico, for the most part, are not what you're going to find at your local gun shop.

Google Video Link

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
cont'd

Furthermore, look over this article for a better understanding of what's going on south of the boarder.

www.gunnewsdaily.com...

You and I Can't Buy the Guns Mexican Cartels Own

The Administration is Not Dealing Straight With Us on Mexico's Gun Problem

Ralph Weller March 1 2009

Let's set things straight right up front. Yes, some guns are being smuggled into Mexico from the U.S. Most are handguns. But, handguns are being illegally trafficked from state to state and from the U.S. to Canada. It should come as no surprise that guns are smuggled into Mexico. But, the problem being portrayed by the U.S. media and our government is not as it seems. You see, Mexico doesn't allow ownership of most firearms, so ordinary Mexican people seeking self-protection will find a way to get them into Mexico. As for the drug cartels operating in the border towns along the U.S., they have other sources for their weapons and have become the prime supplier within Mexico.

I worked in Mexico in a border town for about five years. It was far enough from San Diego County in the Sonora Desert of Mexico that commuting several hundred miles daily was impossible. So, for a few years I lived in the city and commuted home periodically on some weekends. As crime grew out of control, I eventually moved into a place on the U.S. side and commuted daily in and out of Mexico for my own safety.

I stayed in Mexico for a Mexican holiday my first year. I don't recall the holiday. Normally, I would leave Mexico for a holiday, but it was in the middle of the week and one day was not long enough to come home. All I know is that on that particular Mexican holiday, Mexicans love to fire guns into the air. That evening as I sat on the balcony of my hotel, the gun fire that erupted in celebration was quite unbelievable. It was so intense I backed off the balcony and watched the festivities from a couple three feet in the room. We're talking war-like firing of weapons, it was that intense.

As I listened that night to the gun fire, I was somewhat shocked at the amount of fully automatic gun fire. It wasn't sporadic. It was continuous throughout the city. For a country that bans guns I thought, how in the world did they get their hands on all these full-auto weapons? Clearly what sounded like M16 fire was prolific along with 7.62 x 39 AK autos with a smattering of smaller caliber full-autos, most likely 9mm. Gun fire can be heard in most American cities on New Years, but I've never heard full-auto weapons being fired, at least not in the San Diego area.

The next day I went into work and sat down with a trusted senior Mexican manager. I looked at him and said, "I thought guns were illegal in Mexico." He chuckled and said, "So you stayed in town last night?" As the conversation progressed, it became clear that guns are as common in Mexico as tamales at Christmas. Everyone he knows, including himself, own at least one gun. And, it matters not whether it's a semi-auto or fully automatic, they're all illegal, so why stop with semi-autos? Though clearly illegal in the states in most instances, a lot of Mexicans have more firepower in terms of military weapons than we can only dream of owning here.

Read the whole article and then visit the links at the end. Pretty scary the reports listed there in the TAHT.

[edit on 3/4/09 by surfinguru]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yea, iv seen this covered on some of your news channels, the main thing that struck me was, how were the cartels smuggling grenades, full auto's and rocket launchers from the US?

As this conflict in Mexico has escalated, its guaranteed that the big boy illegal weapons dealers moved in with the demand for arms. These guys don't mess around and can easily supply these weapons cheaper than they can be bought for in the US.

While a good few of the weapons are obviously coming from the US, its clearly also being used to shine a bad light on the fact that US citizens can get guns so easily.. this, along with your new presidents attitude towards guns will help push any new laws banning them.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's all part of a bigger picture, watch it unfold folks. You heard it here first.

I am not stupid enough to say anything that is not public knowledge or that will narrow down who I am, but let me help you folks connect the dots. I have firsthand knowledge of some of these happenings and do not want to say anything that will reveal who I am or what part of this I was connected to.

I do not know the particulars offhand, and I have to leave for work in a few minutes, so I will leave some food for thought to help connect the dots. Look up an incident in 2007 where a traffic stop of a stolen vehicle in the Pacific Northwest USA resulted in the discovery of some unusual ordnance. Recognize the not-highly-publicized (but known) threat to the Canadian border that some agencies within DHS are concerned with. Research the route the weapons took in order to end up in that corner of the USA.

Backtrack quite a ways and you will see how it ties into this scenario:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do enough research and you will start to see names resurface again and again in this chain of events. Military names, generally, and a couple have political aspirations and are making progress in that arena. The MSM may have touched on some of these points, but I doubt they would ever dare publish a complete account of how it all fits together.

I am not trying to insinuate that there will be some kind of false flag op on the southern border, so that something can be pulled off in the north, however that is one of the many ideas that I have.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the link to those other threads. The board moves fast and I missed those. Really, really makes one wonder just what the heck is going on and what the desired endgame is.

new topics

top topics

join