It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles in the Qur'an

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This post is for all those people here who think Islam is evil and the devil and everything else in your minds.. You know who you are I dont have to say any names.. This post is especially for that one.

I decided to post this thread because it's much needed in this site. Note: I'm not Muslim so my opinions are NON-BIAS.. something that a lot of you are.

There's a lot of scientific miracles that I post so I'm not going to do it in all one day cuz I'll be here forever and plus I have a soccer game in 30 minutes so I'll post the first miracle, which is not scientific.

Miracle #1:

An example of the events foretold in the Qur'an is the victory of the Romans over the Persians within three to nine years after the Romans were severly defeated by the Persians. God said in the Qur'an:

"The Romans have been defeated in the nearest land (to the Arabian Peninsula), and they, after their defeat, will be victorious within three to nine years" Sura 30:2-4

Let us see what happened in history shall we. The Roman army was severly defeated in Antioch in 613, and as a result, the Persians swiftly pushed foward on all fronts. at that time, it was hard to image that the romans would defeat the persians, but the qu'ran foretold that the romans would be victorious within three to nine years. in 622, NINE years later, the two forces met on armenian soil, and the result was a decisive victory of the romans over the persians, for the first time after the romans lost in 613. the prophecy was fulfilled just as God had told Mohammad.

if anyone says anything like it was satan who told him that i'll take it as you have nothing else to say.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
ya, there are som links on this site i posted about,

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

the guy has a link or sometin about miracles in the quran
his articles interesting as well

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My My,
Illuminatic is certainly a 'man' with a chip on his shoulder.

There is nothing wrong with Islam, it just doesn't work thats all, human nature being what it is... Hang out on some islamic messageboards and see what I mean... I have..

There is a much better way, that has a much better outcome....

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Non bias?

Is this the same man whom calls us racist for being a white christian?

Illmatic i have witnessed dreams and miracles of christ personally in a very supernatural form. You have not seen it through
my eyes and you judge why i believe.

There is aa difference in miracles, theres future telling by men and there is real miracles.

God creats miracles with everybody so a later conversion to him might come.

Now let me list a couple of miracles that specifically has to do with (christ).

1. The stigmatist who bled from the face and hands.

2. The holy nuns which suffered the passion every fridaay by bleeding from the face and body.

3. Padre pio who cured a blind women with no pupils and he also had the stigmata.

4. In the 1300s the eucharist literally changed to real flesh and blood in the cup
after a priest had doubts.

5. In the 1900s a women found blood on her toungue after she recieved communion.

6. fatima which 70,000 all saw, and all the sick were cured that day.

7. the prediction of ww2 by sister lucy.

8. (I) have seen two cases of cancer cured just by praying in jesus name.

9. The holy steps which still stand today without a support pole which is impossible.

10. the miracles of padre pio.

11. The shroud of turon which scientists said was impossible to forge.

YET illmatic this is the relligion of infidels and unjust men?

You have no clue why i believe and why the saints believe and never will unless god has enough mercy to let
you live to see his great miracle in the sky.

I love your soul, but you lack the basic character of god which is (grace).

Netchicken, there is a problem with islam, jesus is god and he was crucified, the koran says he was not and he did not die, so
the koran and islam is totally against him as the saviour and they will believe the saviour is the antichrist and christians
will be exicuted at the hands of muslims who think they are doing alahs will.

Illmatic i dont (brag) on how jesus is god, i state what hes revealed to me through miracles, he is god nomatter what you
or i think and if i rejected him i will know im rejecting the only lord.

2000 years and more illmatic of miracles where christ raised from the dead and saints have healed and bore his wounds, where
eucharists changed to real flesh, where huge miracle events have taken place.

and still we cannot believe through (ignorance), after hearing all these miracles and still dont believe than what else can god do?

Do we even have a little faith?

I love muslims as souls and will pray for them but their religion was and is in shcim to the real god who came and proclaimed and worked miraacles.

peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ilmatic i just wish you would believe thats all.

peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
netchicken, your one of the stupid people i talk about.

Illuminatic is certainly a 'man' with a chip on his shoulder.

rigggghhhtttt.. that's a good argument

truth, no ok.. i have heard your miracles all the time ok, it's every other day you post the bleeding mary and everything else... it's my turn.

s this the same man whom calls us racist for being a white christian?

first of all, i said many times I am not a racist, and what does that got to do with any of these FACTS that I will bring to these thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, that certainly is a miracle, considering that Rome fell before Islam was even concieved.

Need I say more? How about if I betted 100 bucks on America winning World War 2 on Dec. 7th? Does that make me look like a prophet? Hardly, because it was simply a side that COULD have won...nothing more...

For those with bad history ... On Dec 7th America lost pretty much everything, a fleet in Pearl Harbor, it was losing the phillipeans BADLY, and wake island was being pummled, it had virtually no army, nor any materials (though a draft was instated before Dec. 7th long before).

Like wise if in 1939 I said Germany was going to get its ass kicked by America from the west and Russia from the east, and russia would be the first to get to berlin, I'd still be no more a Miracle man...this is a pretty stupid assumption...

...especially since Rome fell in 408 AD so I'm not even sure what the hell they are talking about...if it's Byzantine then that's understandable...but also, when the Koran was really written? It is possible they just added that as a "prophecy" many decades later, as many people do.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 1-2-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
God has said in the Qur'an about one of the evil unbelievers who forbade Mohammad from praying to the Ka'aba:

"No! If he does not stop, We will take him by the front of the head, a lying, sinful naseyah(front of the head)!"- sura 96:15-16

Why did the Quran describe the front of the head as being lying and sinful? Why didn�t the Quran say that the person was lying and sinful? What is the relationship between the front of the head and lying and sinfulness?

If we look into the skull at the front of the head, we will find the prefrontal area of the cerebrum .What does physiology tell us about the function of this area? A book entitled Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology says about this area, �The motivation and the foresight to plan and initiate movements occur in the anterior portion of the frontal lobes, the prefrontal area. This is a region of association cortex...� Also the book says, �In relation to its involvement in motivation, the prefrontal area is also thought to be the functional center for aggression....�

So, this area of the cerebrum is responsible for planning, motivating, and initiating good and sinful behavior and is responsible for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. Thus, it is proper to describe the front of the head as lying and sinful when someone lies or commits a sin, as the Quran has said, �...A lying, sinful naseyah (front of the head)!�

Scientists have only discovered these functions of the prefrontal area in the last sixty years, according to Professor Keith L. Moore

[Edited on 2-1-2003 by Illmatic67]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
it-is-truth.org...

btw, Im muslim too

and check out this: xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 1-2-2003 by beef]

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
In this reply I'm going to take your last sentence into consideration..."Last 60 years"....yes well in the last 100 years Science has "proven" a lot of things that commonsense has shown people for 100,000 years.

All science did is explain WHY the front of the brain does what it does...but people knew of its effects ever since swords, which is 10,000 if not more years old.

Why swords? Because swords are a unique weapon, that enables both strength and finess, in a crude sense swords are a surgical tool.

Many sword wounds would result in the slicing of the brain and skull, but not in the killing of the individual (cases have been discovered numerously, especially at the battle of hastings where many burried individuals with in a few years of the battle, that had sword wounds, also showed sever trauma to the skull that would often expose the brain, but showed signs of many years of regeneration)

Anyways...it is not uncommon to have a sword strike at the front of the head, and thus lose the forefront of your brain (not a fatal wound generally) what it would do is stupify you, and make you of course, incapable of lying.

So it's only COMMONSENSE (there's that word again) that if I were to cut out the front of your brain, not only would I pacify you (an obvious concern of the aggressor in this part of the koran) but also I could get you to "spill your guts" by leading a conversation.

Depending on how incoherent you become though...more reasonably making the person tell the truth by removing the front of the brain was less a choice (hard to do) but more likely the guy just wants to make Muhammad a retard.

Also though the wording could be such that they'll take him by the front of the head (or hair) and drag him, or they by the use of commas are seperating the subject of taking him by the head, and the subject of Muhammad being a lying individual, and a sinful one.

So this sentence can also be saying, "we'll chop off this lying, sinful bastard's head!"

There's no such thing as miracles, to believe in them is folly, there maybe fate, but not a "Devine" person who literally changes life or affects the out come of your life.

(Fate by my definition is just the shape of the path you've taken, giving you wisdom when you reflect on it)

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
In this reply I'm going to take your last sentence into consideration..."Last 60 years"....yes well in the last 100 years Science has "proven" a lot of things that commonsense has shown people for 100,000 years.

All science did is explain WHY the front of the brain does what it does...but people knew of its effects ever since swords, which is 10,000 if not more years old.

Why swords? Because swords are a unique weapon, that enables both strength and finess, in a crude sense swords are a surgical tool.

Many sword wounds would result in the slicing of the brain and skull, but not in the killing of the individual (cases have been discovered numerously, especially at the battle of hastings where many burried individuals with in a few years of the battle, that had sword wounds, also showed sever trauma to the skull that would often expose the brain, but showed signs of many years of regeneration)

Anyways...it is not uncommon to have a sword strike at the front of the head, and thus lose the forefront of your brain (not a fatal wound generally) what it would do is stupify you, and make you of course, incapable of lying.

So it's only COMMONSENSE (there's that word again) that if I were to cut out the front of your brain, not only would I pacify you (an obvious concern of the aggressor in this part of the koran) but also I could get you to "spill your guts" by leading a conversation.

Depending on how incoherent you become though...more reasonably making the person tell the truth by removing the front of the brain was less a choice (hard to do) but more likely the guy just wants to make Muhammad a retard.

Also though the wording could be such that they'll take him by the front of the head (or hair) and drag him, or they by the use of commas are seperating the subject of taking him by the head, and the subject of Muhammad being a lying individual, and a sinful one.

So this sentence can also be saying, "we'll chop off this lying, sinful bastard's head!"

There's no such thing as miracles, to believe in them is folly, there maybe fate, but not a "Devine" person who literally changes life or affects the out come of your life.

(Fate by my definition is just the shape of the path you've taken, giving you wisdom when you reflect on it)

Sincerely,
no signature

ur funny n sad @ the same time

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
What, you have a particular problem with REASONABLITY?

Egyptians were doing primitave brain surgery in 1000 BC and were rewiring bones back together before that.

Egyptians had an anti-biotic that was more effective than ANYTHING we have today through great science.

It was a particular honey from an egyptian bee which exists today, that was very steril and formed a complete seal preventing infections.

You sit here and complain about a reason why "By the front of the head" is as much a miracle as my pooping in a bush, and give no reason why...that only shows that your zealous religious beleifs blind your reality.

For that I'm sorry for you.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 31 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
What, you have a particular problem with REASONABLITY?

Egyptians were doing primitave brain surgery in 1000 BC and were rewiring bones back together before that.

Egyptians had an anti-biotic that was more effective than ANYTHING we have today through great science.

It was a particular honey from an egyptian bee which exists today, that was very steril and formed a complete seal preventing infections.

You sit here and complain about a reason why "By the front of the head" is as much a miracle as my pooping in a bush, and give no reason why...that only shows that your zealous religious beleifs blind your reality.

For that I'm sorry for you.

Sincerely,
no signature

hahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
damn, you're a herb for real though.

all those surgery's by the egyptians and your little theory on battle fields and brains doesnt say that they knew that the front of the head controlled our emotions.

the egyptians did surgery's on the brain, sure... but when they opened up the brain does the brain tell them ,"yo look, i'm the front of the brain and i control whether you lie or not"

come on man

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The Qur'an on Seas and Rivers:

Modern Science has discovered that in the places where two different seas meet, there is a barrier between them. This barrier divides the two seas so that each sea has its own temperature, salinity, and density. For example, Mediterranean sea water is warm, saline, and less dense, compared to Atlantic ocean water. When Mediterranean sea water enters the Atlantic over the Gibraltar sill, it moves several hundred kilometers into the Atlantic at a depth of about 1000 meters with its own warm, saline, and less dense characteristics. The Mediterranean water stabilizes at this depth.

Although there are large waves, strong currents, and tides in these seas, they do not mix or transgress this barrier.

The Holy Quran mentioned that there is a barrier between two seas that meet and that they do not transgress. God has said:

"He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not trangress" Sura 55:19-20

But when the Quran speaks about the divider between fresh and salt water, it mentions the existence of �a forbidding partition� with the barrier. God has said in the Quran:

" He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and one palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And he was made between them a barrier and a forbodding partition." Sura 25:53

One may ask, why did the Quran mention the partition when speaking about the divider between fresh and salt water, but did not mention it when speaking about the divider between the two seas?

Modern science has discovered that in estuaries, where fresh (sweet) and salt water meet, the situation is somewhat different from what is found in places where two seas meet. It has been discovered that what distinguishes fresh water from salt water in estuaries is a �pycnocline zone with a marked density discontinuity separating the two layers.� This partition (zone of separation) has a different salinity from the fresh water and from the salt water.

This information has been discovered only recently, using advanced equipment to measure temperature, salinity, density, oxygen dissolubility, etc. The human eye cannot see the difference between the two seas that meet, rather the two seas appear to us as one homogeneous sea. Likewise, the human eye cannot see the division of water in estuaries into the three kinds: fresh water, salt water, and the partition (zone of separation).

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You call this crap proof of Islamic miracles. What a joke. Please post something with some more sunbstance, if you want to be taken seriously.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Illimatic it's called "I cut out this part of this grey useless thing and the guy becomes a practical IDIOT!" that's what I'm saying, besides if you notice, I believe more so that "By the front of the head" means to grab or such, not to cut out the frontal lobe.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

You know who you are I dont have to say any names.. This post is especially for that one.

Are you talking to me ?

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You call this crap proof of Islamic miracles. What a joke. Please post something with some more sunbstance, if you want to be taken seriously.

why wont you elaborate? why post something saying it's a joke, unless you have no clue on the topic at hand. Any idiot can say something, backing up what he said is something.

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The Qur'an on Human Embryonic Development:

In the Qur'an, God speaks about the stages of man's embryonic development:

"We created man from an extract of clay, then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then We made the drop into an alaqah(leech, suspended thing, and blood clot), then We made the alaqah into a mudghah(chewed substance)" Sura: 23:12-14

Literally, the Arabic word alaqah has three meanings: (1) leech, (2) suspended thing, and (3) blood clot.

In comparing a leech to an embryo in the alaqah stage, we find similarity between the two as we can see in figure 1. Also, the embryo at this stage obtains nourishment from the blood of the mother, similar to the leech, which feeds on the blood of others.

Figure 1: Drawings illustrating the similarities in appearance between a leech and a human embryo at the alaqah stage. (Leech drawing from Human Development as Described in the Quran and Sunnah, Moore and others, p. 37, modified from Integrated Principles of Zoology, Hickman and others. Embryo drawing from The Developing Human, Moore and Persaud, 5th ed., p. 73.)

The second meaning of the word alaqah is �suspended thing.� This is what we can see in figures 2 and 3, the suspension of the embryo, during the alaqah stage, in the womb of the mother.

Figure 2: We can see in this diagram the suspension of an embryo during the alaqah stage in the womb (uterus) of the mother. (The Developing Human, Moore and Persaud, 5th ed., p. 66.

The third meaning of the word alaqah is �blood clot.� We find that the external appearance of the embryo and its sacs during the alaqah stage is similar to that of a blood clot. This is due to the presence of relatively large amounts of blood present in the embryo during this stage (see figure 4). Also during this stage, the blood in the embryo does not circulate until the end of the third week. Thus, the embryo at this stage is like a clot of blood.

Figure 4: Diagram of the primitive cardiovascular system in an embryo during the alaqah stage. The external appearance of the embryo and its sacs is similar to that of a blood clot, due to the presence of relatively large amounts of blood present in the embryo. (The Developing Human, Moore, 5th ed., p. 65.)

So the three meanings of the word alaqah correspond accurately to the descriptions of the embryo at the alaqah stage.

The next stage mentioned in the verse is the mudghah stage. The Arabic word mudghah means �chewed substance.� If one were to take a piece of gum and chew it in his or her mouth and then compare it with an embryo at the mudghah stage, we would conclude that the embryo at the mudghah stage acquires the appearance of a chewed substance. This is because of the somites at the back of the embryo that �somewhat resemble teethmarks in a chewed substance.� (see figures 5 and 6).

Figure 5: Photograph of an embryo at the mudghah stage (28 days old). The embryo at this stage acquires the appearance of a chewed substance, because the somites at the back of the embryo somewhat resemble teeth marks in a chewed substance. The actual size of the embryo is 4 mm. (The Developing Human, Moore and Persaud, 5th ed., p. 82, from Professor Hideo Nishimura, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan.)

Figure 6: When comparing the appearance of an embryo at the mudghah stage with a piece of gum that has been chewed, we find similarity between the two.
A) Drawing of an embryo at the mudghah stage. We can see here the somites at the back of the embryo that look like teeth marks. (The Developing Human, Moore and Persaud, 5th ed., p. 79.)
B) Photograph of a piece of gum that has been chewed

How could Muhammad have possibly known all this 1400 years ago, when scientists have only recently discovered this using advanced equipment and powerful microscopes which did not exist at that time? Hamm and Leeuwenhoek were the first scientists to observe human sperm cells (spermatozoa) using an improved microscope in 1677 (more than 1000 years after Muhammad ). They mistakenly thought that the sperm cell contained a miniature preformed human being that grew when it was deposited in the female genital tract.

Professor Emeritus Keith L. Moore8 is one of the world�s most prominent scientists in the fields of anatomy and embryology and is the author of the book entitled The Developing Human, which has been translated into eight languages. This book is a scientific reference work and was chosen by a special committee in the United States as the best book authored by one person. Dr. Keith Moore is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. There, he was Associate Dean of Basic Sciences at the Faculty of Medicine and for 8 years was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy. In 1984, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. He has directed many international associations, such as the Canadian and American Association of Anatomists and the Council of the Union of Biological Sciences.

In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Moore said: �It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Quran about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God.� see the real player confession www.islam-guide.com...

Consequently, Professor Moore was asked the following question: �Does this mean that you believe that the Quran is the word of God?� He replied: �I find no difficulty in accepting this.�10

During one conference, Professor Moore stated: �....Because the staging of human embryos is complex, owing to the continuous process of change during development, it is proposed that a new system of classification could be developed using the terms mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah (what Muhammad said, did, or approved of). The proposed system is simple, comprehensive, and conforms with present embryological knowledge. The intensive studies of the Quran and hadeeth (reliably transmitted reports by the Prophet Muhammad�s companions of what he said, did, or approved of) in the last four years have revealed a system for classifying human embryos that is amazing since it was recorded in the seventh century A.D. Although Aristotle, the founder of the science of embryology, realized that chick embryos developed in stages from his studies of hen�s eggs in the fourth century B.C., he did not give any details about these stages. As far as it is known from the history of embryology, little was known about the staging and classification of human embryos until the twentieth century. For this reason, the descriptions of the human embryo in the Quran cannot be based on scientific knowledge in the seventh century. The only reasonable conclusion is: these descriptions were revealed to Muhammad from God. He could not have known such details because he was an illiterate man with absolutely no scientific training.�

www.islam-guide.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join