It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush to the President: Debate Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Good move! I'm impressed. That was the best thing he could have done under the circumstances.

Originally posted by GLDNGUN
IF they don't have Obama talk with and debate the "leader of the opposition", then Obama is exposed as a phony. IF they do have Obama debate Rush, then, well, Obama is exposed as a phony.

I understand the first part of your sentence, but not the second. If Obama takes the challenge and debates Rush, you think he'll be "exposed as a phony"? Only if he loses the debate, right? You must be fairly sure Rush would win.

I'd actually love to see that debate, though. I think it would be a very exciting political drama for us all.

I'll probably never say this again, but good move, Rush!

(now, my fingers feel all dirty)

Yes, I do think Obama and his policies will get exposed as phony if he were to actually debate Rush (or any thinking conservative for that matter).

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GLDNGUN

I hear what you're saying. But honestly do you think that any point opposing Rush would actually be aired on his show? He doesn't allow it now so there is no reason to believe that he actually want's a fair debate.

Again this is just my own opinion.

Sure Rush will allow the ocassional Dem to get on the air. But his (Rush's) responses are almost always made after the phone call has ended and there is no one to offer a rebuttal. Not to mention that no matter what someone says Rush always has to explain what the caller "really" said.

I'm neither for Rush nor against him. I just don't believe that his show is a fair platform.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Right now Rush is being played. The Obama dinner with conservative columnists, shortly before his inauguration, was as much about excluding Rush as coddling the columnists. Not only did the conservatives fawn, but Rush fumed. It got under his skin. Indeed, the rumor that he might in fact be there (likely coming from the Obama camp), and then his evident lack of an invitation, highlighted the slight. He’s tried to make it out to be a political point ever since, but mostly he sounds like a guy who’s hurt he didn’t get invited to the hot party.

www.newser.com...

I couldn't have said it better...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GLDNGUN

I don't need, nor want credibility with anyone who views Rush as anything more than the Bill O'Reilly of Radio. He's a shock jock, an entertainer, not a serious political commentator. My little finger has more Republican in it than he does. He can however really get people like you quite riled up by making demands to others that he knows won't be met. Like this one. If you think for a minute he would have made this statement while actually thinking Obama would accept, you are dead wrong. He only gets away with drivel like this because he know he's not worth Obama's time. He's a sore loser who needs to admonish those with a different perspective to boost his fragile self esteem as well as his ratings. His deceit, racism, disingenuousness, fabrications and lies are all well documented, should you be so inclined to find out who your hero really is.

Why didn't he vote for Reagan? According to Rush he's the only one that has ever been qualified to run this country. While we're on the topic of voting, it seems Rush thought you had to be 35 in order to vote...

He'll spend 2 hours railing against divorce, while he's hard at work on his 3rd marriage.

Some may even say his lies are a result of an inability to actually comprehend the truth. A prime example of this is his proclamation that melting glacial ice is like ice in a glass of water, and the level doesn't change. He simply can't comprehend that most of the planets glacial ice is over land.

How can anyone take seriously a man who thinks there is more total acreage of forest land in America today, than when Columbus "sailed the ocean blue" in 1492?

edit for spelling

[edit on 3/4/2009 by Unit541]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

It certainly isn't. I mean all networks whether it be radio or cable news, all have their "characters" that are always right and any effort to prove them wrong makes said person un-patriotic or a terrorist.

We've got Billo The Clown, Nancy Grace, and Rush at the moment all at the top of the heap. Ohh and you can through Olbermann in there too since he is quite pro democrat these days.

The point is all of these shows are one sided, and these one sided shows are what breed ratings. People enjoy seeing an anchor or a host loose it on some poor opposing member of the party. It's American intertainment now, that's all politics has been reduced to. The politics we hear and see anyway.

If Obama goes on that show, he won't have an option to debate it will be 40 minutes of Rush calling him all of the things that have gone wrong with his policies and Obama just staring at the camera attempting to get 3 words in.

Although I don't think he could argue his way out of it even if he did have the chance to do so, it's still won't be fair to not give him a chance to make an ass out of himself on tv.

He speaks hell for a politician, but against Rush, I highly doubt he can play that kind of ball.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by GLDNGUN

I hear what you're saying. But honestly do you think that any point opposing Rush would actually be aired on his show? He doesn't allow it now so there is no reason to believe that he actually want's a fair debate.

Come on, do you think Rush would have the POTUS on and not let him speak? Here is what Rush is offering as a format:

Let's go ahead and have a debate on this show. No limits. Now that your handlers are praising themselves for promoting me as the head of a political party -- they think that's a great thing -- then it should be a no-brainer for you to further advance this strategy by debating me on the issues and on the merits, and wipe me out once and for all!

Just come on this program. Let's have a little debate. You tell me how wrong I am and you can convince the rest of the Americans that don't agree with you how wrong we all are...I would rather have an intelligent, open discussion with you where you lay out your philosophy and policies and I lay out mine -- and we can question each other, in a real debate. Any time here at the EIB Network studios...If you can win at this, then come here and beat me at my own game, and get rid of me once and for all, and show all the people of America that I am wrong.

In fact, Mr. President, you know what, I know these are tough economic times, and you're trying to convince people that you're "saving" the taxpayers money, that you're cutting spending, that you're cutting the deficit. In that vein, I, Mr. President, will send my jet, EIB One, to pick you up and bring you here and take you back to wherever you want to go. Taxpayers pay you for your travel. Nobody pays me for mine. I pay for it. I pay for the airplane. I pay for the travel. I pay for practically everything I do. We can talk about that, too. I could tell you what that's like.

And once you land, by the way, I have a fleet of SUVs because I have guests here all the time. I have four or five SUVs. I can send a caravan to pick you up. I'll even put you up at The Breakers. It's a five-star resort. I'll do it all on my dime. We don't want the taxpayers footing any of the bill for this -- and my jet burns a lot less fuel than your two and your C-130 to bring your limousine and SUV caravan here. In fact, you know what, Mr. President? I'll tell you what I will do, if you will do this. I will promise to order some Wagyu Kobe beef at $100 a pound, just like you serve at your cocktail parties and your Super Bowl parties. I'll get it from Allen Brothers in Chicago, since you like that. I know you like $100-per-pound beef. You serve it at the White House.

But I'll cover the cost. I will cover the cost, Mr. President, so that the taxpayers do not have to pay for it, as they did your Super Bowl party, and as they do your Wednesday afternoon cocktail party. So you have no excuses...

I've extended the invitation. I'm looking forward to hearing back from whoever in your cabal one way or the other on accepting my offer.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I try and catch both MSNBC and Fox when I can so that I can hear multiple sides of issues. I'm neither conservative nor liberal though I take things from both sides. Ocassionaly I even check out the BBC to see what their slant on things are...but in the end I try and make the best decisions on what information I can gather.

I wonder how long it'll be before Hannity says that he want's Obama to debate him on his show? He seems to parrot whatever Rush has going on at the moment. Of course Olberman would be too lovestruck to even speak LOL

[edit on 4-3-2009 by griffinrl]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GLDNGUN

I read that and I don't believe for a minute that Rush would abide by his own rules. Even if he did and didn't come out on top he'd claim foul....again I only base this on what I hear him do regularly.

Again it's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You can dislike everything that Rush stands for, and everything he says. I would say he would just make Obama look ridiculous in an actual debate without a handler, cue cards and teleprompter.

No way I would even entertain the idea if I were Obama. No way, no how. The Obama team really ought to ignore rush vs poking him with a stick.

You don't have the success he does and be stupid. He's over the top on purpose. It keeps his ratings way up.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by llpoolej

You're right on that one, for sure. Go back and watch Obama in the debates. If it were not for the fact that people were still so hypnotized by his scripted speeches, they'd have noticed how uncomfortable he was having to shoot from the hip. Obama's speech writer got him elected, period. Sure, he has a natural ability to deliver the speeches, but that doesn't qualify him to run this country.

Do I think Obama would survive an appearance on Rush's show? Absolutely not, he'd look like a fool.

Do I think Obama should give Rush the time of day? Absolutely not, he's been a fool for a long time.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't particularly like Rush - or his politics.
But I am glad he is out there -
and still on the air -
I hope they never "make" him stop.

Even if most of what he says is drivel...
it is still freedom of speech -

Freedom of drivel -
Freedom of speech -

It's all the same to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I guess that was what I was trying to say as well. You just did it so much more eloquently than I.

Well said indeed.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLDNGUN

Originally posted by branty
Rush is a cartoon character, Do what he wants and Laugh at him.

So Obama's grand political strategy is to take on a "cartoon character"? LOL Ok, that says a LOT about Obama, doesn't it?

Awesome and quite true!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow, where to start. You DID lose your credibility. When you start with a lie about someone, nobody is going to take you seriously. Calling Rush a "racist pig" is simply a lie. Period.

President Clinton once inferred that Rush was a racist. Rush demanded an apology from the White House. And he got one. Why? Because he's not a racist. It's just something that people like you like to say to demonize him. Fact is, he's against racism of ALL KINDS. Many liberals are guilty of racism, because they want to favor one race over another or make race a determining factor. Rush abhors any such thing.

Rush a "sore loser"? LOL What exactly has he lost? He's the most successful radio broadcaster of all time. I'll bet you wish you could be such a "loser".

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
I try and catch both MSNBC and Fox when I can so that I can hear multiple sides of issues. I'm neither conservative nor liberal though I take things from both sides. Ocassionaly I even check out the BBC to see what their slant on things are...but in the end I try and make the best decisions on what information I can gather.

I wonder how long it'll be before Hannity says that he want's Obama to debate him on his show? He seems to parrot whatever Rush has going on at the moment. Of course Olberman would be too lovestruck to even speak LOL

Actually Hannity has already invited Obama to speak to him anytime. Obama was mentioning Hannity by name during the campaign, so Hannity has been inviting him on since then. Of course, Obama would just rather demonize people and not actually meet them face to face and have to defend his words.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke

Right now Rush is being played. The Obama dinner with conservative columnists, shortly before his inauguration, was as much about excluding Rush as coddling the columnists. Not only did the conservatives fawn, but Rush fumed. It got under his skin. Indeed, the rumor that he might in fact be there (likely coming from the Obama camp), and then his evident lack of an invitation, highlighted the slight. He’s tried to make it out to be a political point ever since, but mostly he sounds like a guy who’s hurt he didn’t get invited to the hot party.

www.newser.com...

I couldn't have said it better...

R. Limbaugh was never going to be invited to the dinner. I can't imagine he, nor anyone else thought he would be.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why would the President at all be interested in debating Rush? So far as I can remember, a president has NEVER debated someone that was not challenging them for the job as president in an election year. If Rush wants this debate, then wait until the 2012 elections and throw his hat in as the Republican nominee.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Why would anyone even give the self-admitted DRUG ADDICT the time of day. His show says at the beginning it is for "ENTERTAINMENT" purposes. Sometimes the guy is actually almost funny to listen to.
He is there to stir the pot, thats his whole reason for being alive.
I can't believe that anyone (even Rush) could or would have such EXTREMIST views either way in real life.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
pleassssee pleassse let rush and Palin be your nominees for 2012 please I will vote them in myself for nominee.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
Why would the Pres of the US want to debate a "crack head"

because rush is a us citizen where everyone voice can be heard wether you agree with them or not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join