It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush to the President: Debate Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I really don't think the leader of the free world, regardless of what you think of him personally or his policies, should stoop so low as to "debate" Rush Limbaugh.
It would be an embarassment to our country.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragman
While I do not like the Obama Administration's policies, I agree that he should not go on Rush's show. It would be foolish for him as it would put him subordinate to a talk show host-- The President should show deference to no one when it comes to negotiation of policy. (Don't confuse deference with concessions, its okay to concede on issues, but never give up your position of authority as LOTFW) To me, if Rush wants to talk to Obama, it should be in the White House as to show deference to POTUS.

Can't have it both ways. You can't annoint someone as the leader of the opposition, say you want to negotiate with the opposition, but then say you won't talk to the guy you proclaimed as the leader of the opposition. Of course, if you are a complete disengenious phony you can try, but you will expose how shallow you and your ideas are in the process.

Many of the democrats want the so-called "Fairness Doctrine" revived, which would REQUIRE radio stations to offer what the government says is "balance". Well, Rush is saying to Obama and the democrats - You want "fairness" on my show? Fine, come on my show, Mr. President. Let's have "balance".

Again, sheer brilliance.

The dems complain about lack of fairness on "conservative radio", then when they get an invitation by the "leader of the opposition" and the leader of the conservative radio, they will refuse the offer.

Once again, their empty rhetoric getting exposed.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is just about Rush's ratings. Can you imagine the share he'd get if Obama actually came on his show?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
I really don't think the leader of the free world, regardless of what you think of him personally or his policies, should stoop so low as to "debate" Rush Limbaugh.
It would be an embarassment to our country.

I see. So, the President, using his office and flunkies trying to demonize a talk show host on a daily basis is NOT a national embarrassment, but if the President were to have an actual discussion on the actual issues with the "leader of the GOP" would be a national embarrassment?

They've trained you well, grasshopper.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
This is just about Rush's ratings. Can you imagine the share he'd get if Obama actually came on his show?

I guarantee you that Rush's ratings are already rising as a result of Obama's hitmen talking about him daily.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Can't have it both ways. You can't annoint someone as the leader of the opposition, say you want to negotiate with the opposition, but then say you won't talk to the guy you proclaimed as the leader of the opposition

Once again, their empty rhetoric getting exposed.

Did i miss something, Rush is now leader of rep party

Rush is a clown, see Im laughing

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

I don't buy that it's a rating issue.

The Dems have been going after Rush and the Republicans quite often lately and he finally called them on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

He might as well be with Steele bowing down to hime after his remarks to CNN.

Obama started this foolishness so maybe you should not snicker too much.

I think Rush is a bit of a wind bag myself but win the CIC talks about someone it means that he is at least in his mind.

The question is why?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

My only issue with it is that I doubt seriously it would be a fair debate. I know it's Rush's show and he can do with it what he likes. But to consider his show a "fair" platform I think would be stretching it. I also thought maybe he's trying to actually position himself for public office. But I would guess Rush has a few skeletons that he might not want aired in public.

Again that's just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

The Dems , my freind, LOVE RUSH , every time he opens his mouth , every Rep runs and hides, The Dems want this windbag frothing, He single handly will defeat the Rep party with his rheortic

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

You got a good point there about fair debate due to the location. They can debate in public on live tv. I just think it would be a great debate.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Good move! I'm impressed. That was the best thing he could have done under the circumstances.

Originally posted by GLDNGUN
IF they don't have Obama talk with and debate the "leader of the opposition", then Obama is exposed as a phony. IF they do have Obama debate Rush, then, well, Obama is exposed as a phony.

I understand the first part of your sentence, but not the second. If Obama takes the challenge and debates Rush, you think he'll be "exposed as a phony"? Only if he loses the debate, right? You must be fairly sure Rush would win.

I'd actually love to see that debate, though. I think it would be a very exciting political drama for us all.

I'll probably never say this again, but good move, Rush!

(now, my fingers feel all dirty)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
reply to post by branty

The question is why?

I think it's very simple. Keep us occupied. They want us to focus on this sharade they've created between the too parties to keep us from noticing the ever increasing stripping of our liberties and the downfall of our economic system.

Like they keep saying, when both parties argue, the "terrorists" win. In this case the real terrorists being those of the NWO. It's all fluff news, really has no significant importance to the issues and problems we face today, other than who has the biggest pieice of hardware in their pants, between the GOP and Democrats.

Obama is screwed in this situation though. He's demonized the GOP for having this de facto leader and that they've called him on it, he has two choices, do it, and make an ass out of himself (cause we all know it'll turn into something like Billo The Clown fights Nancy Grace) or not show up and tell us hall he's a big kitty.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Im going to bow out of this conv , Im getting scared that some of you think this will happen.

(backs out of room , with back to the wall)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Well that makes sense, I suppose all the GOP have to do is wait for Obama to promise something else for the same result.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

LOL...I'm sorta with you too branty! Actually the most this will amount to is keeping Rush in the media. But then again Obama did single him out so he's kinda to blame as well.

Now don't get me wrong...I'd love to see an actual debate but like a previous poster replied in a public place on live TV. And honestly even though I'm not a Rush fan I do listen on ocassion and he never loses a debate or answers a question incorrectly. He'll tell you that himself

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Did i miss something, Rush is now leader of rep party

Rush is a clown, see Im laughing

Your ignorance is what is funny. YES, RUSH IS NOW THE LEADER OF THE GOP. That's the whole point. Obama's flunkies (Rahm, Gibbs) have been going around and annointing Rush as the leader of the party. THEY are the ones that proclaimed it. So, Rush is simply saying, "Ok, if I'm the leader of the party as you say, let's debate the issues".

So, yes, you most certainly are missing...something.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I have to agree that something strange is going on. I have never seen the two ideologies more polarized.

I wonder if there will be a new darkhorse candidate next election just to make us all shudder with fear.

As much as we all want to see it the debate will never happen, ever.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by s4dreamlnd93

The Dems , my freind, LOVE RUSH , every time he opens his mouth , every Rep runs and hides, The Dems want this windbag frothing, He single handly will defeat the Rep party with his rheortic

You mean like he in 1994 - the last time the democrats faced an election after taking over Congress and White House? Oh, wait, the dems got CRUSHED in 1994, the GOP took BOTH houses of Congress, and Rush was made an honorary member of the GOP Congess because everyone recognized that he played a HUGE part of the revolution, if not the biggest part.

Yeah, that must be what you meant.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by jam321

My only issue with it is that I doubt seriously it would be a fair debate. I know it's Rush's show and he can do with it what he likes. But to consider his show a "fair" platform I think would be stretching it. I also thought maybe he's trying to actually position himself for public office. But I would guess Rush has a few skeletons that he might not want aired in public.

Again that's just my opinion.

Again, Rush has the democrats boxed in. They complain about lack of "balance" on "conservative radio". They say there is no other "viewpoint" on these shows. Then, when the offer is made for them to come on the show and debate the issues, they are going to say "no, that wouldn't be fair!"? Again, which is it? Do they want "balance" on these shows or not???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join