It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush to the President: Debate Me

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Yep, he does say that they should go to jail. Do you think if I asked President Obama if drug abusers should be in jail he is going to tell me no?

Obama was a kid in college smoking pot.

Rush was a middle aged man on the airwaves, raising hell about illegal drug doers, while doing drugs illegally.

Are the differences more clear to you now?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerKing

I like how alot of people who dislikes Rush throws his past drug use in our face, while they have conveinatly forgotten about President Obamas own admitted drug use.

If it discredits someone on a talk radio show, why does it not discredit someone who is President?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by jd140]

I meant the sex with the Dominican prostitutes/rentboys stuff. And I didn't know Obama had to go to rehab for doing that evil marijuana in which he was addicted.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by TylerKing]

Did he? Was that before or after rehab for "blow"?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by powski

Yep, he does say that they should go to jail. Do you think if I asked President Obama if drug abusers should be in jail he is going to tell me no?

Rush was a middle aged man on the airwaves, raising hell about illegal drug doers, while doing drugs illegally.

Nope, their is no differance. A drug abuser is a drug abuser. There is no middle ground, no black and gray. Both are adults who broke the law. The law doesn't account for age unless that age is under 18.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
Obama will never go on the Rush show, I would love to see it however. It would be political suicide for him to do so, he would have to defend things he can not.

He probably still has not read the Porkulus Bill.

Him going on there would be an Obomination.

Can you imagine the Ratings of such a Program? I do not care WHAT your Political Ideology is, EVERYONE would be glued to such a debate. It would be a truly amazing show.

I personally enjoy listening to Rush Limbaugh, as he puts forth his points with true Conviction, Logic, and Complete Articulation. He is definitely a formidable presence when it comes to Debating Political and Social based Topics.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

This was meant for Mr. Powski.

Oh and to add he did question Senate canidates about their past drug use. So one is saying they should be in jail and the other is saying you can't do my job if you used drugs, even though I did.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by jd140]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Ok, show me some quotes from Rush "raising hell about illegal drug doers, while doing drugs illegally".

And, while you're at, show me the proof that Obama quit doing coke.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..."

That little quote came from President Obamas book Dreams From My Father.

If you don't know what blow is, I can learn you. It is coc aine.

Now that you learned that he has done coc aine does it discredit him the way you say Rush's old habit discredits him?

Now please provide a source to your pedophile claim.

He messed around with drugs, so have a lot of Americans. He wasn't addicted.

And I don't seem to remember typing the word "pedophile" anywhere. Sounds to me like you know more about this subject than I do. Maybe he has stories of his exploits on one of his fanpages you can link me to?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Nope, their is no differance. A drug abuser is a drug abuser. There is no middle ground, no black and gray. Both are adults who broke the law. The law doesn't account for age unless that age is under 18.

Yeah, no difference other than Rush is a talk show host and Obama is the freaking President of the United States. LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
When did the president of the United States ever debate the head of the opposing party unless he or she was that party's nominee in an election year?

Saying that Limbaugh is the head of the Republican Party does not commit Obama to a debate. It's a statement of fact.

Rush isn't a complete fool; he's smart enough to mix truth and lies together and make people believe it.

But Obama won't debate him. He doesn't have to stoop to Rush's level. As the proverb goes:

Never try to teach a pig to sing
It wastes your time and annoys the pig

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

"I had learned not to care," he wrote. "I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. ..."

Now that you learned that he has done coc aine does it discredit him the way you say Rush's old habit discredits him?

And I don't seem to remember typing the word "pedophile" anywhere. Sounds to me like you know more about this subject than I do. Maybe he has stories of his exploits on one of his fanpages you can link me to?

My mistake, I was thinking of another poster using pedophile.

Please provide a source to your prostitute/ renboy claim.

Who said he wasn't addicted? How far are you going to defend his drug use and slander anothers? You can't defend one and not the other.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
When did the president of the United States ever debate the head of the opposing party unless he or she was that party's nominee in an election year?

Saying that Limbaugh is the head of the Republican Party does not commit Obama to a debate. It's a statement of fact.

When you continue to say "I want to work with the GOP", and you say "Rush is the head of the GOP", and Rush says "Ok, let's talk", then you either talk to him or be exposed as the phony, immature punk that you are.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Actually there is a difference, but not in the way which "Powski" attempted to formulate. President Obama used Illicit Substances, while Rush Limbaugh simply became addicted to a Controlled Substance.

Mr. Limbaugh began using Pain Killers for a legitimate and medically recorded reason, but as with many who use such medications, he became hooked on them. Pain Killers are EXTREMELY addictive.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I didn't say the differences were legal. One difference is that Rush was being a hypocrite to millions of listeners while his illegal drug use took place.
Obama might have had a bullhorn on campus doing the same thing, but I haven't heard about that.

It's common for the young to make foolish decisions.
We just hope they grow out of it.

So those would two big differences. Not legally, but otherwise.
That's why people react to them differently.

But you knew that. You're here to talk sh*t.

link   
reply to post by Sestias

Since when does the President discredit the head of a party? Since when does the President get to pick on a private citizen...........oh yeah he did it last year and it was deemed acceptable by his supporters.

link   
reply to post by Unit541

Okay...that said.
A nice debate with a man who has a sad Political Philosophy....why not try it out ?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

My mistake, I was thinking of another poster using pedophile.

Please provide a source to your prostitute/ renboy claim.

Who said he wasn't addicted? How far are you going to defend his drug use and slander anothers? You can't defend one and not the other.

Hey, it's OK to make up anything about Rush that you want, but if Obama says he doesn't do drugs anymore, you are supposed to just take his word for it. Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by powski

No I'm here to find why it is acceptable for one to do it and not the other. Just because one said they need to be in jail while he was doing it doesn't make it any less true.

I think both of them are wrong in this instance. I don't see a differance. If that is talking sh*t then I guess thats what I'm doing.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
"One difference is that Rush was being a hypocrite to millions of listeners while his illegal drug use took place."

And, (once again) the proof of this IS?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The main difference, among others, is flagrant hypocrisy. Everyone understands that but you. W admitted he smoked pot when he was young, and I don't hold it against him at all.

You're either pretending to be dense, and you'll never, ever, stop, or you are in fact, dense.

There is no correct way to respond to you at this point that doesn't break the terms and conditions of the website. Seriously. No other option.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLDNGUN
"One difference is that Rush was being a hypocrite to millions of listeners while his illegal drug use took place."

And, (once again) the proof of this IS?

He actually issued a radio apology for this on his show. He was having backpain I believe and was addicted to painkillers that were issued to him by his doctor. If I'm remembering the right person.

The thing about that is painkillers are very addictive and are perscribed. Cocaine is not perscribed, so that was a personal choice President Obama made. Where as Rush (again, if I'm remembering the right person) made a quality of life choice and ended up getting hooked on them, as thousands of Americans do.

Still wrong, but thats your differance.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join