It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush to the President: Debate Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.rushlimbaugh.com...

"there is a team inside the White House targeting me"

"They wanted me to be the focus of attention. So let's have the debate! I am offering President Obama to come on this program -- without staffers, without a TelePrompTer, without note cards -- to debate me on the issues. Let's talk about free markets versus government control. Let's talk about nationalizing health care and raising taxes on small business.

Let's talk about the New Deal versus Reaganomics. Let's talk about closing Guantanamo Bay, and let's talk about sending $900 million to Hamas. Let's talk about illegal immigration and the lawlessness on the borders. Let's talk about massive deficits and the destroying of opportunities of future generations. Let's talk about ACORN, community agitators, and the unions that represent the government employees which pour millions of dollars into your campaign, President Obama. Let's talk about your elimination of school choice for minority students in the District of Columbia. Let's talk about your efforts to further reduce domestic drilling and refining of oil. Let's talk about your stock market."

Sheer brilliance. The demoncrats want to demonize Rush and make him the "head of the GOP". Rush is saying, "OK, fine. If I'm the head of the party and Obama is truly interested in reaching out to the opposition and bi-partisanship, let's talk".

Obama's flunkies have backed themselves into a corner. IF they don't have Obama talk with and debate the "leader of the opposition", then Obama is exposed as a phony. IF they do have Obama debate Rush, then, well, Obama is exposed as a phony.

Once again, while his detractors are playing checkers, Rush is playing chess.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They will pretend to not know what he said. What I like about Rush is that while he has a huge (ginormous) ego, he will not back down and will back up his words.

This guy can say some dumb things, but this was brilliant.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Rush is a cartoon character, Do what he wants and Laugh at him.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
Rush is a cartoon character, Do what he wants and Laugh at him.

So Obama's grand political strategy is to take on a "cartoon character"? LOL Ok, that says a LOT about Obama, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Obama will never go on the Rush show, I would love to see it however. It would be political suicide for him to do so, he would have to defend things he can not.

He probably still has not read the Porkulus Bill.

Him going on there would be an Obomination.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Obama is just going to say he is too busy fixing the economy to deal with distractions.

To be honest, this is one debate I would love to see.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
They will pretend to not know what he said. What I like about Rush is that while he has a huge (ginormous) ego, he will not back down and will back up his words.

This guy can say some dumb things, but this was brilliant.

Yes, they probably will try to ignore the gauntlet that has been thrown down. Maybe, just maybe, one of the media "butt boys" in the White House Press Room will "grow a pair" for at least 30 seconds and ask:

"Since the adminstration has stated that Rush Limbaugh is the head of the GOP, and President Obama has stated his desire to work with the GOP, will he accept Rush's offer to talk about the issues?"

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why would the Pres of the US want to debate a "crack head"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Obama is just going to say he is too busy fixing the economy to deal with distractions.

You are probably correct; however, that will expose his stated desire to "work with the GOP" as a LIE.

Ironic isn't it? Obama wants to talk with every thug and dictator in the world, but he won't talk with his proclaimed leader of the political opposition in his own country. Very telling.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Let me preface by saying I am not an Obama supporter. I did not vote for him, and don't even really like to look at him. I think his "hope and change" mantra translates to "Hype and charge(s)".

That said, Obama's policies may be ridiculous, even doomed to failure, but that in an of itself does not raise Rush's IQ above that of the common houseplant. The man can spew his own political philosophy all he wants, but ask him to speak intelligently, and stick to facts, and his gibberish amounts to nothing at all. He's a racist pig and a cancer on the Republican party. He is the personification of "forgetting what it means to be a republican".

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Because Obama pointed to Rush and tried to make a point.

You do not draw attention to people you believe are "crackheads" you ignore them.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It really shows that Obama is feeling a bit desperate - or at least his handlers are. What President of the United States focuses on what a talk show says? He is elevating Rush to his level and it will backfire on him.

Look at the polls. Obama's favorable rating is dropping about a point a day and the latest poll states that 60% of the folks don't think this economic plan will work and that its costing too much money.

This is a one term president. The plan won't work, it will take too long for any material things to happen as a consequence of the plan and he'll be done. Team Obama knows that, which is why they are doing this to essentially cast the republicans as not serious.

In any event, Rush got a $300M/8 year contract last year. No worries for him - he'll probably renegotiate another two years and tack on another $50M!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
He's a racist pig and a cancer on the Republican party.

You just lost ALL credibility right there.

FAIL.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As much as I think that Rush is a babbling idiot whose mouth constantly falls down the stairs, he is asking the though questions that Americans want answers do.

I have to raise my hat for that one. If Obama really is the leader and the fixer he says he is, then he should have no problem going onto a show and laying his cards down on the table and answering Rushe's well deserved questions.

I mean he is a personality and pundit as far as I'm concerned, but he's willing to say what most of the GOP won't say and they like him for that. Very smart strategy on the part of the GOP to allow Obama to back himself up like this.

They might just win it back in 4 years after all.

Happy hunting folks.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Rush, like him or not is one of the few Republicans who are actually speaking out against Obama's policies.

The rest of the Republicans still seem to have their tails between their legs every since they lost the election.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
While I do not like the Obama Administration's policies, I agree that he should not go on Rush's show. It would be foolish for him as it would put him subordinate to a talk show host-- The President should show deference to no one when it comes to negotiation of policy. (Don't confuse deference with concessions, its okay to concede on issues, but never give up your position of authority as LOTFW) To me, if Rush wants to talk to Obama, it should be in the White House as to show deference to POTUS.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

WOW, I thought we were all joking ....M8 , are you serious ??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join