It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, a Different take...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
We all have heard/read about the dec, 2012 end of ???

Many people look to the Mayan calender as the end of the world calender, I see it differently.

From what I can see/read, there really is no reason why it stops in 2012, mathematically.

I, however, have a different take on it.

I ask, what if what we call the Mayan calender is really a count-down timer to a specific date.

This would explain why it stops, while, mathematically, it need not...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Very possible, indeed. Actually, that is a theory too, that some people hold.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

One could argue it's counting down to the catastrophy of 1212. We dont' know why that Mayans made the calendar the way they did, it could be for various reasons.

One thing is for certain, these people knew more about our spirituality and some very closely kept secrets of our origins and ancient history than we will ever know.

Hopefully we do end up seeing and studying some of this information if some even more ancient ruins come to surface.

More and more archeologists are studying the seas for potential ancient ruins and they will make a breakthrough discovery soon I would like to imagine.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Please elaborate......why would the Maya base there lives on a calender that was really a count down timer? What happens when the timer ends? What makes you believe it is a count down timer? I could keep asking questions but I want to get a better understanding of how you have thought of this before I do.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Perhaps they just ran out of room on their calendar, or it was just arbitrarily just picked to be the "end date" for the calendar, and they'd extend it when they needed to.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, Obviously, I don't know, but here is a wild guess for ya.

What if Planet x (niburi) is real.
What if it has aliens on it.
What if it is on a very long orbit and only comes close once every several thousand years.
What if the aliens are not nice/helpful
What if they enslaved or ate humans?

top topics

join