It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: Check Yo' Selves!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by Odessy

I'm stickin' up for glenn beck. Hisranting on immigration was hilarious, and he sticks up for those deputies who got convicted for shooting that illegal drug dealing immigrant. For me, glen is a fledgeling conspiracy theorist. two cents.

I hear you man, my problem isn't with Beck, its the idea that Big News is letting these things get said.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by samureyed

I know what your saying by the CT becoming the "in" thing, but I view it, and the fact that so many people have seen and responded positively to Zeitgeist, a really good thing. Perhaps this is what the Mayans talked about with a mass awakening, or perhaps people are just fed up with our current situation.
But, while I'm sure they are getting ratings, there has to be another side to it. I'm on the view now that they will take these very real issues that people know only a little bit about from watching a documentary and not researching on their own, and twist it to make it either acceptable or not a big deal. Since the majority of people have only heard of the topic once, twice, or maybe never, they will take the word of one these major news broadcasters because they believe they've done the research that they themselves won't do.

That is something that I really didn't think about.

People that are unfamiliar with the FEMA camps and the NWO will now only see and accept whatever spin the MSM puts on it. Trying to get them to think otherwise I believe will be extremely difficult for most of these people still believe that if they say it on TV or on the news then has to be true.

Plus they will do a very good job of insulating them from the Truthers and the CTs.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Gotcha. You're more wondering not why he personally is saying these things but why they're letting/even encouraging him. Everything happens for a reason.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
IMHO by the time stories like this reach the mass media - it usually means it's far worse than what they're saying. There is always a reason for it - more than just ratings. The govt. has found a way to control the masses - by working derectly with the mass media. This is why I don't believe what they say in mainsream media and I do check online resources for a reason - free speech is still allowed here and people can say what they know - not what Murdoch wants us to say.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Good post Odessy...I agree completely. A good anology is how in ancient Rome, Constantine faked a "divine experience" with Jesus so he could usurp the Christians and control them. The Christians were so tired of persecution, they accepted his story of conversion and the church was hijacked. It has never recovered to this day being a slave of Rome. Many of the so-called Christian icons and ceremonies surviving to this day were practices of the ancient civil religion of Pagan Rome, so complete was the usurption!

So today, we the weray contenders for truth have fallen prey to the scraps thrown from the desk of MSM. They are NOT our friend. They are STILL controled, they will use you and your new-found faith in them, against you. Be vigelent and above all...Deny Ignorance

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
At some point almost every day I am overwhelmed by the feeling that we are on the precipice of something; a critical mass. The collective consciousness is being systematically attacked from all angles to essentially bring about a kind of global schizophrenia.

Look at the definition of the word below and the similarities are unnerving

1. Psychiatry. Also called dementia praecox. a severe mental disorder characterized by some, but not necessarily all, of the following features: emotional blunting, intellectual deterioration, social isolation, disorganized speech and behavior, delusions, and hallucinations.
2. a state characterized by the coexistence of contradictory or incompatible elements.

And this ties in perfectly with the OP's theory of desinsititation. I think the terms 'emotional blunting' and 'disorganized speech and behaviour' can both be applied directly to the mass media's current tactics.

What do we have next; 'intellectual deterioration', 'social isolation'... No real need to continue as we are all acutely aware of how true both these symptoms are across the globe.

So what are those tricky folks up to at the mass media outlets attempting to do with this new conspiracy-minded narrative? Exactly what they were doing the month before, or the month before that - creating a layer of nonsensical, mass confusion that nobody can be safe from, whether you're a tin foil hat wearing lizard-people truth advocate or a regular Joe that just wants to know what he's meant to do with his retirement fund there is enough confusion out there to make it practically impossible to focus.

And while we aren't focus, they can get back to whatever it is they're doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think too many people are putting way too much significance into what the Mainstream Media reports or doesn't report. Even most people who watch them don't really care. News is just another form of entertainment, just like everything else on the TelLieVision. It serves it purpose - distracting you from the hell which is reality.

And by the way, most of this stuff which is being reported is already common knowledge to most kids out there who have a video game console. For several years now, many of these military style video games have been incorporating "conspiracy theories" into their storylines probably to acclimate the youth to the realities of this world.

So if you really want to know what's going on, ask your kid. Chances are he/she knows more than you do. No disrespect to Mr. Beck, but if he was a real journalist, he'd be reporting on something other than "yesterday's news". Unfortunately, that takes real investigation, something most journalists are incapable of doing in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
When Bush was President, Fox News would MOCK conspiracy theories. So why the change? Here's why...

Fox News (like all media outlets) knows who their viewers are, demographically speaking. So they discovered that a large cross-section of people who don't like Obama ALSO happen to have a conspiratorial bent.

Fox also happens to know that the surest way to stir up the pro-gun viewers is to push them beyond their gun-ban concerns right into paranoia about government prison camps, thus creating an emotional viewership which is MOTIVATED to watch their channel.

Hence, Glenny boy now has APPROVAL to speak of on Fox what only months ago Fox would have laughed at.

The end result is all this negative energy gets directed towards Obama (even though the FEMA camps were built under Bush's watch).

The ONLY reason Faux Newz is doing this is because Obama is President now.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't see the problem here.
ALL TV stations, including cable news networks are in the business of making money. Conspiracy has become a big item, and in times of financial and political stress, conspiracy theories increase.
Conspiracy theories are, in large part, a way for people to try to explain the mess that they are in, because they can not find a reason within themselves.
Quite sophisticated research has indicated that conspiracies SELL, quite bluntly. FOX, CNN, MSNBC, HISTORY CHANNEL, all have found that viewer share goes up, when programs deal with them.
Pure, unadulterated capitalism.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
yeah. I'm real scared.

why cant there be more lost civilisations threads? anyone with me here?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The powers that be may think gaining supporting from both sides is the way to go now.

Divide and Conquer.

Originally posted by dgtempe
I know. How i find myself trusting Glen, its beyond me.

Good thread- Star and Flag

They have found another way to futz with our brains.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I don't see the problem here.
ALL TV stations, including cable news networks are in the business of making money. Conspiracy has become a big item, and in times of financial and political stress, conspiracy theories increase.

Well, the problem, as I see it, is that they (big news) are talking about very real subjects. You may just see them as Conspiracy Theories, but I see them as very real. I also know that "Big News" pretty much helped pull the blinds over our eyes, especially during and after 9/11 and the war in iraq. So for people who have lied about so many things that helped lead to the "Dumbing Down" of America to talk about very real and important issues is scary in the fact that they may dilute those very real and important truths.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ay, In favour of distributing William S. Burroughs once more, I leave with this...

"Political conflicts are merely surface manifestations. If conflicts arise you may be sure that certain powers intend to keep this conflict under operation since they hope to profit from the situation. To concern yourself with surface political conflicts is to make the mistake of the bull in the ring, you are charging the cloth. That is what politics is for, to teach you the cloth. Just as the bullfighter teaches the bull, teaches him to follow, obey the cloth." -W.S.B.

Gracias..

-For I am in hope that this benefits.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I find it strange too.

It seems as though either people are waking up, and it could be. The Republicans are so disenfranchised that their paranoia level went up. (And I think that healthy eyes wide open functional paranoia IS good.)

But another thing I see....is a breadcrumb trail to civil war. So that when it happens, it is like, we are all ready, because we've been told it WILL happen.

One things for sure, I don't trust the media. Controlled or lazy or what not. I'm still laughing that it was the National Enquirer that had to break the John Edwards scandal story.

I tend to think the media are mostly lazy repeaters that only repeat what they are told.

That said, I've been personal witness to the media just destroying someone's reputation and finances and LIFE, over allegations reported as fact in a sensational way, when no charges were ever, ever fiiled, because NONE of it was true.

SO my personal experience says to my gut, beware of the media.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by hadriana]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I like Glenn, but I didn't just jump on the bandwagon liking him. I have for a while. I haven't always agreed with him, but I have always respected the way he stays true to who he his (notice I didn't say true to what he believes.. any free thinker is bound to change stances on issues.. that is what free thinkers do).. no I respect that he was always stayed true to his character. I personally think that is a positive attribute in a person.

Now, why is FOX allowing him to speak? My theory.. they know their audience better than anyone. They know that whatever comes out of this 'loon' will have an adverse effect on the viewers. Glenn will say one thing.. they know ahead of time that the people watching are going to see him as a 'loon'.. on the fringe. People that watch main stream media are main stream media. They know the people that are watching are going to think that what he is saying is crazy..

Just my opinion.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by brohes]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
thank you Odessy!!!

I don't follow FOX too often so I haven't followed Glen Becks's recent chit chat in depth at all.

i have been listening to some of the more esoteric theorists out there about their views on alex jones as a shill, a tool to encourage civil war or violent revolution...

i don't actually believe that about alex, but nevermind...

because i do believe that this is what the NWO wants. violence, unrest, civil war... "class war" even... could glen beck be pitting the truthers and conspiracy theorists up against the police state obamanoids? 2 groups with very strong held beliefs. i am concerned that some theorists are eager to pick up a gun and put one in rothschild's head. i have felt this way myself. but deep down when i truly check myself, i find that violence is not the answer. even if it's efficiently targeted at the source of the problem. we must remain a peace movement. we are out gunned anyway. we have to do this more strategically.

PEACE.

And props to Odessy man, thank you for getting this story up!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
THANK YOU.
Well, mostly.
Ive been getting sick of this glenn beck circle J*rk going on on here the last couple weeks, so thank you for speaking .

HOWever, all i believe it is is becase they found a newer, growing demoraphic to exploit. im sure he pays attention to how some people like ron paul got popular, and that was mostly by the internet and lately, seeming to play up to the conspiracy believers and dissenters.

By telling people it is for a conspiritorial reason (which really i can get behind on my more ambivalent days) and that the powers that be are planting Beck to condition us are almost validating what he says instead of making people see the obvious pandering he is doing to you, the ATS demographic who are on the most part distrusting of FOX news.
I mean, the guy was even on Colbert Report tonight (no i decided not to watch it, i cant stand colbert at all these days). hes just tryin to make all the right moves to get you in his pocket. Ive even gotten hunches that some posts on here and likely many other forums, blogs, whatever, are plants by his 'streat team'.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by kidney thief]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You people always put down who ever your putting down at the time but never say where you get your info to form your opinions,why is that??

The only thing a person can do is listen to them all and go to a site like ATS and read the arguements,but after reading put downs and ridicul from one member to another and a rare intelligent opinion it looks to me like you all purty much just like drama.Every once in awhile a smart person with good reasoning comes alone but they soon leave.

Oh I get my info from everywhere,even the loons,they are all being told what to say you just have to put it together and make it work for you.

A whole thread puting people down just because they like Glenn Beck.....what a waste.Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Two words yall,

1. Division.
2. Distraction.

Both are fundamental to warfare.

First you draw the line, to find out who is [with or] against you.
Secondly, you utilize propaganda to confuse and manipulate the enemy to sympathize.

It's reverse psychology, and information warfare at it's finest. To put it simple, the powers that be are just testing the waters.. before they jump into the pool.

I will go on to say, that I think we are gonna see alot more of this in the future. I would love to think that it is for the good purpose, by my gut tells me otherwise.

Stay sharp, and watch your topknot everyone.

T-

[I know it's vague, but you get my drift]

[edit on 09/3/5 by telemetry]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well look who is saying it and why, would these things ever be mentioned when Bush was in office?

These guys MO are to oppose Obama, so if they can use half-truths out of context they will.

More and more it seems like the government is trying to tag potential trouble makers with exposing some truth, and see what crawls out of the woodwork so to speak.

I mean we have already seen that FBI training includes tagging people who are adamant about sticking to the Constitution, go figure, isn't that in the oath government officials take.

All part of the plan, I guess.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join