It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: Check Yo' Selves!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the reason that so many are supportive is because we WANT to see a MSM take over and hero. Although it is highly doubtful and I don't think that Beck or Dobbs is the answer. Never go with the crowd, always use you're head and ALWAYS deny ignorance.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think its all about desensitizing the public now. I mean, these news channels never catered to the conspirators before...why now are they acknowledging such issues? To kinda' say, "yeah, this is whats going on and its about to burst wide open real soon, so get used to it".

I'd like to draw a strange comparison/opposition to my previous point/opinion though. Guys like Dennis Kusinich and other Government Reps. have recently raised concerns about the same sort of things we conspiracy theorists talk about, like martial law. Does that mean that they are also "controlled puppets", say like, Glen Beck and the folks at CNN etc.? Or, are people, no matter who they are and who they work for, "coming out" based on true fears that this kind of insanity is going on in our country and will also affect them and their families? Could the concerns of these people be genuine and not driven by an agenda?

I hope my observation came across clear enough...

Peace...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Something you might want to keep in mind, Glenn Beck is not talking to us. We might listen, yes, but his audience for this is not those on this board, that listen to Alex jones or George Noory, or keep tabs on certain you tube personalities. His audience are a handful who listen to talk radio or watch infotainment on the tv. He and his handlers know people are going to see things they are not ready for. While he can only reach a small portion of the offline community, he is giving those who listen with half an ear the concepts that will aid them in understanding what is happening when it happens, instead of breaking mentally. If he's an nwo shill, he's doing them a favor by increasing the amount of sane people to control after TSHTF, if he's what he suggests, he's doing us a favor by increasing the numbers of sane and prepared people when TSHTF. Either way most here are a bit ahead of him as it stands. When TSHTF where you are, either way he's reduced your risk and work load, leaving you to 1 finish the job, and 2 correct what disinfo/misinfo hes tucked into his work

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
...Why are they telling us these things?

Why is Fox and CNN all of a sudden catering to the conspiracy crowd?
What are they trying to gain from this?
What do they want from us?

Money.

For the first time in my adult life, I am hearing comments from people you would never suspect to have a conspiracy bone in their body.

I hear things that make much of what I read on ATS now seem VERY mainstream.

I'm not talking about average Joes. I'm talking about people with means.

Perhaps it's just another kind of fad....or maybe it's something more substantial. But the media now plays this up because they have a meaningful audience of consumers who want their fears and concerns reinforced.

Money. Money, indeed...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

It is the same as choosing friends...who chooses your friends for you?

If you do the choosing of friends, I am sure you have some basic criteria that you follow in order to find those that you can trust.

If the ideology put forth is one that you can well abide with, then why not?

I, personally, have 1 or 2 "friends" that I put all my trust in.

More so, I have NONE that are paid as much as Mr. Beck...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
Why do you make it that complicated?

Just think about this for a while, because something is going on here.
We are being duped into trusting these guys.

They don't care about "us", they don't want anything from us. Noone of the politicians reads ATS. "We" are just a bunch of powerless people who spill their frustration into some posts. These posts change nothing at all. They don't care whether you trust them or not. They gain nothing from us.

The obvious thing is: Whoever "they" are, they think now is a safe moment to make the hidden topics available to everyone. I guess they do it now, 'cause it makes no difference any more. What they plan will happen whatever that is. FEMA, NWO. There is nothing anyone of "us" could do.

Do you have an idea what you can do? Then do it. But these question lead nowhere

www.ready.gov...

They are way ahead of you.

You can never say they didn't warn you if you aren't prepared..

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nice and observant post. I also realize what has happened with the posts mentioned above and said the same type of thing. Because the mass media outlets state something we agree with does not mean we should believe them and not question them. Always question especially our media.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Money.

For the first time in my adult life, I am hearing comments from people you would never suspect to have a conspiracy bone in their body.

Perhaps it's just another kind of fad....or maybe it's something more substantial. But the media now plays this up because they have a meaningful audience of consumers who want their fears and concerns reinforced.

Money. Money, indeed...

So, you dont think there's any validity to this whole "NWO" thing? These "concentration camps"? Either, they dont really exist, or if they agreeably do, then they are just for more innocent purposes? With all due respect, I think I kinda get where your coming from, but these issues have a much more sinister backbone, then just "hype-from-the-media-to-make-money". IMO

Am I coming through clearly? Or am I off base?

peace...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaiVat

Originally posted by ChaiVat
So, you dont think there's any validity to this whole "NWO" thing?

...these issues have a much more sinister backbone, then just "hype-from-the-media-to-make-money". IMO

Am I coming through clearly? Or am I off base?

I don't think these issues need to be necessarily be connected.

The fact of the media's focus on these subjects could occur independently of the fact of their actual existence.

Make sense?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I love the theories, great reading.

But come on, there is a really obvious answer to all of this.

ITS FOR THE RATINGS. It's always about the ratings, because that means more money. It's human nature, especially media nature.

If you haven't noticed, conspiracy's and anti-government movements are more popular lately. For instance, our UPS guy was promoting Zeitgeist the other day and most people in the office had already seen it. As always, they have seen a movement and are going to make a buck off of it. That is precisely why they hired Beck.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with fullmoonfairy.

I have never been a fan of the MSM and was bummed when I found out that Glenn Beck landed a show on CNN. I too have listened to him on the radio for a few years, I'm a talk radio junkie : ). He comes across to me as very sincere and well meaning, which is why I have continued to listen to him but only on the radio.

I've purchased one of his books, and was very disappointed in it. Then saw him move to CNN and now FOX and was disappointed in those as well. I wish he would have just stayed on the radio. If it ever appears to me that he chose his current path just for the money, I would probably feel betrayed.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I agree here.

I was trying to echo these same sentiments in the Glenn Beck on FEMA camps thread. It was met with a lot of criticism and someone even put me on their "foe" list.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't trust what FOX News has to say about ANYTHING.
They are THE ENEMY, PEOPLE.
Please, pretty please, wake the hell up.

PS - Star and Flag.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Yes, yes, yes.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

i'd say,the more people that hear about this,there will be more to contest it,more numbers that take to the streets,undercover officers will cause violence and destruction, stir the crowds up,then they will have a reason to bring in the army,cause and effect.they are just tools to whip the people up into action,to help get the ball rolling.just a thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrustbucket
Beck's tone and talk hasn't changed since before he was even on TV. He's probably the most genuine person now on TV saying it like it is.

OP, I'm sorry but your Foxnews hatred is causing you, like so many others, to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I disagree with you, and its not just fox, now CNN is jumping on board.
I couldn't care less about how genuine Beck was, now he sold out.

You have to understand that whatever he says, FOX knows.
Fox knows hours before his segment airs whats going to be talked about... so the question isn't how genuine Glen Beck is, its, "Why are the big time news agencies letting him say it?"

These are the same stations that have pulled the blinds over America's head for the past 8+ years. They choose what gets out there, why are they letting this?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

I know what your saying by the CT becoming the "in" thing, but I view it, and the fact that so many people have seen and responded positively to Zeitgeist, a really good thing. Perhaps this is what the Mayans talked about with a mass awakening, or perhaps people are just fed up with our current situation.
But, while I'm sure they are getting ratings, there has to be another side to it. I'm on the view now that they will take these very real issues that people know only a little bit about from watching a documentary and not researching on their own, and twist it to make it either acceptable or not a big deal. Since the majority of people have only heard of the topic once, twice, or maybe never, they will take the word of one these major news broadcasters because they believe they've done the research that they themselves won't do.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Do you ever get the idea that you are spending so much time looking under rocks, and worrying about what is behind so many rocks that you've forgotten that it is what YOU do that matters not what is behind the rocks.

Exactly, and what I'm DOING is trying to get everyone aware that something is going on.
You may ignore whats behind the rock, but my natural curiosity fuels me to find out, and when I do, I become more knowledgeable than the person that ignorantly walks around only believing what he sees, and not whats really there.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i found it funny that those guys are even talking openly on this subject, on the air. either they know what we know or they are just pawns. We have to remember that disinformation is the most potent weapon. If everyone starts crowing about the NWO moving with their FEMA camps, then whose gonna protect us from those little green men?

I agree with you and i am taking your stance. But usually if they are openly talking about then they fear no kind of reprisal. The sad fact is that most the people that watch CNN and the such don't even know about the NWO or the fema camps.

It's a feeling out process. They mention the NWO, they watch us squirm with excitement and applaud the results. Of course WE know about it, but the message isn't meant for our ears. If they can openly talk about this, then that means the John Q. Public has absolutely no idea what or who the NWO is or what is stands for outside of the defunct WCW.

I'm just waiting until its obvious. Then like i'm bruce willis, live free and die hard! Remember Uncle sam (i know you got agents) we ARE waiting....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I'm stickin' up for glenn beck. Hisranting on immigration was hilarious, and he sticks up for those deputies who got convicted for shooting that illegal drug dealing immigrant. For me, glen is a fledgeling conspiracy theorist. two cents.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

...Why are they telling us these things?

Money.

Money. Money, indeed...

Haha Ats should hang up a mission accomplished banner.
two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join