It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: Check Yo' Selves!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You are falling into their trap, and with a smile on your face!

I'm disappointed with the feedback I'm hearing from the majority of ATS members posting on the recent media conspiracy frenzy going on with Glen Beck and CNN News.
Two of the most recent threads are on the home page now:
Glen Beck: FEMA
CNN: New World Order
But I'm also talking about some of the other Glen Beck and Fox News threads predicting the total collapse of the economy...

Click on either of the two threads I've listed and listen to your responses...
"I used to hate Glen Beck, now I love him!"
"CNN hit it right on the money!"
"I can't believe their finally talking about these things!"
and on and on and on...

WAKE UP!
Yes, these things may be going on, but why in the world are you guys trusting these people?
When have we ever trusted big time news sources like Fox and CNN?
How can people be saying things like, "Man, Beck is going to get kicked from Fox for talking about this stuff."?
No He's not! Fox told him to talk about it, or at the very least, knew what he was going to say!

These are big time news agencies, they know whats going to be talked about on their air time. Its very planned out, very efficient, and all serves some type of purpose. They haven't just changed over night after realizing the truth, their branding it.

All I'm asking is for you guys to step back for a second. Take a breath and think.
Why are they telling us these things?

Why is Fox and CNN all of a sudden catering to the conspiracy crowd?
What are they trying to gain from this?
What do they want from us?

Just think about this for a while, because something is going on here.
We are being duped into trusting these guys.

I don't know what they want from us, but I think as CTers, and most of all ATSers, its our job to question the people we blame for pulling the blinds over the eyes of most Americans.

Please guys, I would hate to see ATS filled with little Glen Beck, Fox, and CNN fans running around.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Oh, and before I forget, I have to mention this.

A lot of you guys are saying that Beck was booted from CNN...
Do you really think thats true...?
It couldn't have anything to do with, oh, I dunno, maybe Fox offering him more money?

I mean, come on, do you really think that if a News Anchor was fired from one big time media agency another would hire him directly afterwards giving him his own segment yada yada?

No, I don't buy that either.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy

Why is Fox and CNN all of a sudden catering to the conspiracy crowd?
What are they trying to gain from this?
What do they want from us?

These are all good questions.

2 things are being used here... fear, and desensitization

I've mad a similar thread about this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
So suddenly we trust Fox News again huh?... Is Glenn Beck leading the revolution?

But to answer all three of you questions... I've conducted my own theory

Theory: 9-11 was perfectly orchestrated to create a Truth Movement

Reverse Pshycology... Defeating the "fake" NWO to bring about the "real" NWO.

Star and flag for you though... I'd like to hear your theory as to why they are suddenly catering to the conspiracy crowd.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I know. How i find myself trusting Glen, its beyond me.

Good thread- Star and Flag

They have found another way to futz with our brains.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
like with any type of news, or info, you have to take it all in and discern for yourself what is viable and what isnt. but, we should all be in a constant state of checking ourselves. i really dont have any opinion as to why theyre letting this stuff out now, but "they" will let you know what "they" want you to hear has always been what i believe.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Doomsday, its good to see another member on here with the same mentality as me right now...

I think desensitization is a huge factor in this, especially for the general population.
Here's what I think, right now at least:
These things are being talked about not for the conspiracy crowd, but the general population for the exact purpose of desensitizing them; the conspiracy crowd, however, has fallen for this as if that news agency is now all of a sudden on our side. An added bonus for big time news.

By mentioning now, in an article here and there, things like FEMA camps and the New World Order, media is paving the way for such things to become accepted.
If people start hearing about them now, then in a few years when everything starts up, they'll say to themselves, "Oh, I heard about this on the news a long time ago, must have been thought about for some time," and then go on accepting whats happening around them without really questioning anything.

But I do think these things are important to us ATSers as well, and if we think with our heads, can use these things against them, and spread the real truth.
Now, when we talk to friends and family about these important topics, we have something to show that they can relate to. "Oh, you don't believe me? Even CNN and Fox are talking about," and we can show them a clip or whatever.
This way, they won't be listening to what the news is saying, they will be listening to what we are saying and our take on it. The news will just confirm what we've been saying and, hopefully, make them start to question whats going on.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I know. How i find myself trusting Glen, its beyond me.

I have to say, the girl on your avatar looks just as puzzled as you sound...

I'm puzzled as well.
Why are they coming out with all this news all of a sudden?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok, here I go, jumping into the deep end of the pool! Glenn Beck goes back for a really long time; he only recently joined Fox News so it bothers me that he is being raked over the coals all of a sudden!

I've been listening to him on the radio for years, before anyone knew who he was, and he has always been a little "different" than all others in the media. I was initially excited to see the attention he has been getting because he is so genuine. Sure, he probably does go along a little with what they want him to put on the air, but it is HIS show.If you have been a long time listener to his radio show you would know that he is ramping things up in accordance with all that is happening in the world.

Yes, it is always wise to question motives, but he is one of the few who is willing to take a chance and put it out there, risking his reputation in the process. He has even gone on the Bill O'Reilly show several times, sitting there taking ridicule and abuse from Bill. They all think he is nuts!

Now I almost wish he had never gotten this "big" and stayed where he was. I feel like my "secret go-to-guy" is suddenly being unfairly jerked around by those who have no idea who he really is. There! I said it! I hope I am right about him...I would be crushed if after all of these years he ends up like the rest of the media people.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think it's opportunism. They have seen a shift in public opinion and, to keep the focus of the people, they have had to shift the message.

Not only that but sooner or later they knew the country would slip further into chaos and they also had to shift the message for this reason. In fact they probably want it to fall further so that they can move in the shadows.

Think about all the black clad police personnel being shown all over the television fiction series. They are preparing people for a more oppressive society. But to bring it in they don't need just a few foreclosures, they need, at some point to step on the throttle and throw in some very nasty rumours and make the people angry. Not that the rumours are not true, a lot of them will be, the point is they have a better chance with violence than peacefull investigation at who is pulling the strings.

Alex Jones plays into this, as do a few other people. Willingly or not I don't know, but do know that people who have been playing the extremes against the middle for centuries now do know how this thing tends to unfold. What I think they don't count for is a peacefull revolution, a restructuring of society, which something like the information age allows for.

The choice is yours. As for me, I'm not going to break any windows, burn any cars or drop kick shock police. But there are a few other things, which I have done in the past, that I might not do either...

Peace, and stay calm folks

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fullmoonfairy

It may be his show, but Fox still knows what hes going to be talking about, and they let him...

Either they are using him, or he is doing what they tell him, but one thing stays the same, they are letting him talk about these things. Now other news media is following it seems.

But why now? Why would Fox and CNN let it all out now?

I don't know, and you don't have to either, I just want you all to keep a watchful eye and not jump on their bandwagon just yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sooner or later they would have to change tune. Sooner or later the crisis would be so obvious that the coverup would have to end.

And now they do fearmongering and provocateuring, to get the people riled up for a revolutionary scenario, where they setup the police state.

They can't just setup martial law, they need the hegelian dialetic to prop it up, they need the problem, reaction, solution.

Glen Beck and Cº are providing the "problem". It's up to the people to be smart enough to outmaneuver them in the reaction, so we can have a peacefull democratic solution. Otherwise it will be a civil war scenario, depopulation, landgrabs, etc.

'They' being the elitist stringpullers, the wizards behind the curtain.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Zepherian]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
So are you saying that perhaps these talks are meant to get the public worried and perhaps even aware enough of the problem that they start going mad and the govt. then gets to implement their solutions, which were the same topics that got the people mad in the first place? Using the topic as leverage to use the topic...

If so, I like your style...

Thats a very good theory. The govt could get us riled up over something they cant implement until we get riled up... tricky tricky...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The fact that none of the mainstream media heads in this country will allow Alex Jones airtime on their networks, except for a few rare instances, is the reason for Glenn Beck. Jones, as well as other alternative sources, are getting the information out and the people are finally realizing the problem. In steps Glenn Beck who is nothing more than 'their' conduit through which that information is more easily controlled and skewed.

Peace

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
very tricky! and makes alot of sense. how else would you get someone to jump off a cliff? bring em there and light a fire right behind em

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Perhaps by shifting to these controvertial subjects they draw our attention away from... Oh, the trillions of dollars that sit in financial institutions ready to flood the world, hyperinflate the dollar, rot the value of the debt being bought worldwide, and collapse the world as we know it...

Maybe they think the truth of these things is moot by now. Things are in place and even if they gain credit, it won't matter and they are so useful as a distraction.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Yeah, I agree, and thats why we shouldnt be jumping the gun and giving them props, which is what seems to be going on here.

I don't think that people realize that everything they hear coming out of the mouths of these big TV news agencies is pre-constructed.
By mentioning this info themselves, they can skew the information to their liking and people will start to believe them rather than believe the truth.

Its kind of like the theory that Hollywood produces fantasy movies with real scenarios so that people will blow off the whole subject as just fantasy.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It is not my theory per se, problem-reaction-solution is talked about extensively by David Icke and Alex Jones. It's the Hegelian dialectic, teached in philosophy classes.

There are many reason to believe this is a core philosophical column of the NWO framework, it is how they get people to behave the way they want them to. First comes the fear, then come the fearfull, then you close the trap. This is the modus operandi of priests (ie, psychopathic liars) since the begining of civilization.

Not all priests of course, just the ones that are evil enough to lie and cheat into positions of control.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

And a good thought at that...

You guys are putting out fantastic theories and speculations, all which should lead to the same conclusion, Dont Jump The Gun In Trusting These People!

I still want to get down to why they are doing this now, its completely boggling my mind, but I'm glad to see more people being weary at this information being thrown at us.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
Sooner or later they would have to change tune. Sooner or later the crisis would be so obvious that the coverup would have to end.

And now they do fearmongering and provocateuring, to get the people riled up for a revolutionary scenario, where they setup the police state.

They can't just setup martial law, they need the hegelian dialetic to prop it up, they need the problem, reaction, solution.

Glen Beck and Cº are providing the "problem". It's up to the people to be smart enough to outmaneuver them in the reaction, so we can have a peacefull democratic solution. Otherwise it will be a civil war scenario, depopulation, landgrabs, etc.

'They' being the elitist stringpullers, the wizards behind the curtain.
[edit on 4-3-2009 by Zepherian]

I think in some ways he has already hinted at it.

His next announce after careful and therefore accurate research is:

“Those FEMA trailers are not for us!” “They are for the bad guys!”

California is so awash with illegal aliens that they are not going to even bother locking them up any more. It cost too much money and is draining an already strapped system.

In walks Glen Beck the wise mage and voice of reason, the genuine, sincere, man of the people; "Don't let them go!" We have FEMA camps already available and conveniently empty.

So now the government won’t be the bad guy and they can store the suspects in the camps until justice can be served.

After all we paid good money to build these places so we might well use them, get them up and running so we can work out the glitches before sending the real intended to their places.

Wow! Mr. Beck is starting so like Rush. All presidential!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It looks to me like the MSM is just taking words that we like "NWO" etc, and then applying them to people who are opposing the NWO agenda.

I think you are right to raise alarm bells. Bush and Cheney, who actually had a website proposing a NWO arent the NWO, but Obama and Brown are? Lol.

Little dirty trick, if you are being called a name, and that name becomes a dirty word, pull back, lay low for a bit, then take that dirty label and apply it to the people who oppose you.

People will have already associated that label with "bad" and if you can successfully get them to accept that label being connected to your foes, you win. You use all the hard work your opposition has done against you, (developing the idea that that label is bad) to work for you. Now, they are the bad guys, and the people stop looking at the activity you are doing which was what the label originally applied to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join